Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 16, 2013, 09:30:48 AM

2012 draft picks: Mark Barron, Doug Martin and Levonte David...and "4 other guys". 3 "breakout" players from this draft...great results.

Slow down on the 2012 draft. I was an advocate of drafting Barron this time last year but he was highly disappointing. Looked lost and didn't play fast. Martin was fantastic but the cons of taking a 1st round RB are injuries and longevity. The jury is still out on the pick. David is a productive 4-3 LB which is pretty much irrelevant in today's NFL.
this

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 16, 2013, 09:31:11 AM

'm not sure how Martin pick wasn't a home run but hey we all have opinions...concerns about injuries and longevity are premature since he played the entire season.

RBs get carted off the field damn near every week. Concerns about them getting injured and lasting are NEVER premature.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 16, 2013, 09:34:48 AM

JC has very valid opinions.

Clearly we have a difference in opinion on those points because I think Barron will be a great player despite the pressure of being drafted as highly as he was. Adding Goldson beside him will help a great deal as well...
Key word you "think". Maybe Barron will go to the Hall of Fame, but as of right now, it hasn't even come close to happening. Based on the way Barron has played thus far, he can't be considered a successful pick anymore than any player on any other team who didn't play well as a rookie.

I'm not sure how Martin pick wasn't a home run but hey we all have opinions...concerns about injuries and longevity are premature since he played the entire season.
The problem with Martin isn't how good he is, it's how does him being good help you? Good running backs do not have a high correlation to playing on good teams. The top 10 of the draft is littered with teams with good running backs.

David was leading the defensive huddle in his first season so my instinct tells me he's not only physically gifted but also a leader and student of the game...very relevant in my opinion.
Similar to Martin, 4-3 OLB is just not a high value position unless you have Von Miller or Derrick Brooks. Real quick name the 5th best 4-3 OLB in the NFL. Are fans of other teams salivating over possibly getting him?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 16, 2013, 09:38:13 AM

I know people say 0-5 on not getting to the playoffs but to be fair Dom had a 10 win team that didn't make it... That's rare.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 16, 2013, 09:41:42 AM

Bruce Allen was fired after five total seasons, three winning seasons, and two playoff appearances. Why shouldn't Dominik be held to the same standard as the guy he replaced?

what do you judge a GM on?  is it solely W/L's? 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 16, 2013, 09:43:09 AM

Was Bruce Allen just as happy with the RB he selected in the 6th round (Morris) as Dom was with his first rounder?  So who is the Dumb one?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 16, 2013, 09:43:52 AM

super - now are fans are dismissing our players such as david, martin, and barron.  great.  no wonder you guys are always upset.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 16, 2013, 09:45:34 AM

Bruce Allen was fired after five total seasons, three winning seasons, and two playoff appearances. Why shouldn't Dominik be held to the same standard as the guy he replaced?

what do you judge a GM on?  is it solely W/L's?
Ask the Glazers.

In the stunner of the off-season, the Bucs have fired head coach Jon Gruden and general manager Bruce Allen.

Co-chairman Joel Glazer said Friday night his family was 'extremely frustrated,' by the Bucs' failure to reach the playoffs four times in the past six years.

Tampa Bay was the first team in 15 years to start 9-3 and fail to reach the playoffs, losing their last four games in a row. That historical collapse also included blowing a 10-point fourth quarter lead to the 4-11 Oakland Raiders in the regular-season finale at Raymond James Stadium.

"We were extremely frustrated,'' Glazer said. "The losses are as hard today as they were 14 years ago and the way the season ended obviously was terribly disappointing. But, you know, it's not just one thing. It's four losses ast the end of the season. It's look at our franchise and see where we are and where we want to go.''

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 16, 2013, 09:46:42 AM

super - now are fans are dismissing our players such as david, martin, and barron.  great.  no wonder you guys are always upset.
Every team has some good players.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 16, 2013, 09:50:10 AM

JC has very valid opinions.

Clearly we have a difference in opinion on those points because I think Barron will be a great player despite the pressure of being drafted as highly as he was. Adding Goldson beside him will help a great deal as well...
Key word you "think". Maybe Barron will go to the Hall of Fame, but as of right now, it hasn't even come close to happening. Based on the way Barron has played thus far, he can't be considered a successful pick anymore than any player on any other team who didn't play well as a rookie.

I'm not sure how Martin pick wasn't a home run but hey we all have opinions...concerns about injuries and longevity are premature since he played the entire season.
The problem with Martin isn't how good he is, it's how does him being good help you? Good running backs do not have a high correlation to playing on good teams. The top 10 of the draft is littered with teams with good running backs.

David was leading the defensive huddle in his first season so my instinct tells me he's not only physically gifted but also a leader and student of the game...very relevant in my opinion.
Similar to Martin, 4-3 OLB is just not a high value position unless you have Von Miller or Derrick Brooks. Real quick name the 5th best 4-3 OLB in the NFL. Are fans of other teams salivating over possibly getting him?

1. Barron did show flashes and I think many here are piling on simply because the pass defence as a whole was terrible. I trust my eyes enough to say he will thrive once the team develops some semblance of a passrush and respectable cornerback play.

2. Seems to me that the QB had his run of success last season when Martin was breaking consistent 5+ yard gains...coincidence?

3. From a positional standpoint, I agree that unless he's Superman he'll likely not get the accolades of a Von Miller. Miller is asked to do different things because of his unique skill-set but I wouldn't look down my nose at someone who had the most TFL in the entire NFL as a rookie....but that's just me.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 16, 2013, 09:51:48 AM

Ask the Glazers.

you asked the question first.  now you run away? 

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 16, 2013, 09:52:43 AM

I know people say 0-5 on not getting to the playoffs but to be fair Dom had a 10 win team that didn't make it... That's rare.

so is Dom's teams having winning seasons ......

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 16, 2013, 09:53:00 AM

Every team has some good players.

maybe its time you find a team that you actually like rooting for?  find a team that doesnt draft S's and RB's in the first, that doesnt value G's.  you might become a happier fan?

youngone

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 16, 2013, 09:54:05 AM

It's because their used to rookie greats that played in Tampa.

Safety that was ok last and will be way better?? Meh

RB that had 2000 yards from scrimmage and made the Pro Bowl? Meh

Rookie LB that is probably top 5 in his position going in to his second year??

Some of you guys are amazing, I tell ya.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 16, 2013, 09:54:17 AM

Ask the Glazers.

you asked the question first.  now you run away?

not sure how he ran away, didn't the Glazers set the criteria by firing Bruce Allen for not making the playoffs 4 times in 6 years?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools