Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

youngone

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 16, 2013, 09:57:22 AM

I know people say 0-5 on not getting to the playoffs but to be fair Dom had a 10 win team that didn't make it... That's rare.

so is Dom's teams having winning seasons ......

Do you believe that Raheem Olson and the rest of his staff got every bit out of the players Dom gave him? I'm just asking

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 16, 2013, 09:58:19 AM

Ask the Glazers.

you asked the question first.  now you run away?
I didn't claim to know the standard Bruce Allen was held to. All I know is he had five total seasons, three winning records, and two playoff appearances, and that wasn't good enough.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 16, 2013, 09:58:32 AM

not sure how he ran away, didn't the Glazers set the criteria by firing Bruce Allen for not making the playoffs 4 times in 6 years?

no, you can cherry pick it, but i think its pretty naive to think thats the sole reason.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 16, 2013, 10:03:20 AM

not sure how he ran away, didn't the Glazers set the criteria by firing Bruce Allen for not making the playoffs 4 times in 6 years?

no, you can cherry pick it, but i think its pretty naive to think thats the sole reason.

who said it was the sole reason?   you don't think that a team missing the playoffs 5 consecutive seasons is a reason for a GM to be fired?  of course they could make the playoffs and it is all moot

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 16, 2013, 10:05:41 AM

I know people say 0-5 on not getting to the playoffs but to be fair Dom had a 10 win team that didn't make it... That's rare.

Do you believe that Raheem Olson and the rest of his staff got every bit out of the players Dom gave him? I'm just asking

Dom was responsible for bringing Raheem and company here so he bears part of the brunt of the disaster.  He also sold everyone on the build through the draft mantra.   So if after 5 years we are still looking for a playoff appearance, then his continued employment should be in serious question, imo

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 16, 2013, 10:11:30 AM

super - now are fans are dismissing our players such as david, martin, and barron.  great.  no wonder you guys are always upset.

It's because their used to rookie greats that played in Tampa.

Safety that was ok last and will be way better?? Meh

RB that had 2000 yards from scrimmage and made the Pro Bowl? Meh

Rookie LB that is probably top 5 in his position going in to his second year??

Some of you guys are amazing, I tell ya.
Every team in the NFL has good players. Buffalo hasn't made the playoffs since 1999 yet have/had CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Andy Levitre, Mario Williams, Marcel Dareus, Jairus Byrd, and Stephon Gilmore. Cleveland hasn't made the playoffs since 2002 yet have/had Trent Richardson, Joe Thomas, D'Qwell Jackson, TJ Ward, and Joe Haden. It's not enough to just have some good players. You have to have a lot of good players and they have to be at important positions and fit together in the right way if you want to win games.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 16, 2013, 10:15:56 AM

Dom was responsible for bringing Raheem and company here so he bears part of the brunt of the disaster.  He also sold everyone on the build through the draft mantra.   So if after 5 years we are still looking for a playoff appearance, then his continued employment should be in serious question, imo
I believe Raheem was more of a Glazers decision than a Dom pick.

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 16, 2013, 10:17:27 AM

Hard for anybody to get into the playoffs when you have inexperienced guys trying to cover all-pros...

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 16, 2013, 10:19:11 AM

I believe Raheem was more of a Glazers decision than a Dom pick.

It may have been Glazers final decision, but I believe Dom was part of the process. And like I said he sold us all on the "build through the draft" mentality.  I don't hate everything he has done, but 5 years is 5 years.  Hopefully they make the playoffs this year and it is moot

youngone

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 16, 2013, 10:19:24 AM

super - now are fans are dismissing our players such as david, martin, and barron.  great.  no wonder you guys are always upset.

Every team in the NFL has good players. Buffalo hasn't made the playoffs since 1999 yet have/had CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Andy Levitre, Mario Williams, Marcel Dareus, Jairus Byrd, and Stephon Gilmore. Cleveland hasn't made the playoffs since 2002 yet have/had Trent Richardson, Joe Thomas, D'Qwell Jackson, TJ Ward, and Joe Haden. It's not enough to just have some good players. You have to have a lot of good players and they have to be at important positions and fit together in the right way if you want to win games.

You're always harping on value positions, so tell me  what important positions are we severely lacking?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 16, 2013, 10:23:17 AM

You're always harping on value positions, so tell me  what important positions are we severely lacking?
Pass efficiency: #19
Pass defense: #32
Sacks: #29

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : April 16, 2013, 10:23:37 AM

who said it was the sole reason?   you don't think that a team missing the playoffs 5 consecutive seasons is a reason for a GM to be fired?  of course they could make the playoffs and it is all moot

so what do you believe the criteria should be for judging a GM?

i dont think missing the playoffs for a number of consecutive seasons is positive.  but i do understand it.    i believe that factors do come into play when making big decisions, rather than just looking at W/L's or making the playoffs or not.  i think the "why" is also important.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 16, 2013, 10:31:37 AM

Pass efficiency: #19
Pass defense: #32
Sacks: #29
Noted... But... we get 2 starting caliber DEs back this year and McCoy is coming off a pro bowl season... The sured up the safety positions and they are trying to get the best CB in football and the draft is deep there.. Freeman broke records in the first year of a new system.. To go with those important positions you speak of we have a pretty good oline.. a top 5 running back 2 studs at WR and 2 LBs that are pretty good. I see more reasons for hope than pissing and moaning.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#43 : April 16, 2013, 10:35:14 AM

so what do you believe the criteria should be for judging a GM?

i dont think missing the playoffs for a number of consecutive seasons is positive.  but i do understand it.    i believe that factors do come into play when making big decisions, rather than just looking at W/L's or making the playoffs or not.  i think the "why" is also important.

I think after 5 years being a contender should be the major criteria for success/failure and if you are not in the playoffs, then you can not contend.   We have only been a playoff thought for a fleeting moment in the first 4 years of Dom's reign.   We need to be a playoff team this season imo.   I reserve the right as do the Glazers obviously to look at a situation on a season by season basis.

But generally speaking if I am going to be fed the "build through the draft" nonsense I was fed, then I would expect to see some results by the end of year 5

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 16, 2013, 10:41:36 AM

in 2009 yes.  2010 yes.  2011 the team quit so no and they were fired.  But they didnt have the talent to be a good team regardless. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools