Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#45 : April 16, 2013, 10:44:37 AM

I know people say 0-5 on not getting to the playoffs but to be fair Dom had a 10 win team that didn't make it... That's rare.

so is Dom's teams having winning seasons ......

Do you believe that Raheem Olson and the rest of his staff got every bit out of the players Dom gave him? I'm just asking

Dom was responsible for bringing Raheem and company here so he bears part of the brunt of the disaster.  He also sold everyone on the build through the draft mantra.   So if after 5 years we are still looking for a playoff appearance, then his continued employment should be in serious question, imo
I believe Raheem was more of a Glazers decision than a Dom pick.
prrsonally I believe Gruden wasn't down with rebuilding and the Glazers knew it had to happen so they promoted cheap young guys to fill the role of HC and GM.  But it's been 5 years and most here are still talking two years down the road to compete. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#46 : April 16, 2013, 10:45:15 AM

And the rebuild has had mix results to say the least. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#47 : April 16, 2013, 10:47:00 AM

who said it was the sole reason?   you don't think that a team missing the playoffs 5 consecutive seasons is a reason for a GM to be fired?  of course they could make the playoffs and it is all moot

so what do you believe the criteria should be for judging a GM?

i dont think missing the playoffs for a number of consecutive seasons is positive.  but i do understand it.    i believe that factors do come into play when making big decisions, rather than just looking at W/L's or making the playoffs or not.  i think the "why" is also important.

I think after 5 years being a contender should be the major criteria for success/failure and if you are not in the playoffs, then you can not contend.   We have only been a playoff thought for a fleeting moment in the first 4 years of Dom's reign.   We need to be a playoff team this season imo.   I reserve the right as do the Glazers obviously to look at a situation on a season by season basis.

But generally speaking if I am going to be fed the "build through the draft" nonsense I was fed, then I would expect to see some results by the end of year 5
If you say you're going to build through the draft, after four years the best players on your team shouldn't have been drafted by other teams.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#48 : April 16, 2013, 10:47:47 AM

prrsonally I believe Gruden wasn't down with rebuilding and the Glazers knew it had to happen so they promoted cheap young guys to fill the role of HC and GM.  But it's been 5 years and most here are still talking two years down the road to compete.

its been 4 years, right?  and who thinks we are still 2 years away?  we competed last season until a late fade.  we are set to make a run now.

dominik took us through a rebuild and had us ready to compete in 4 years.  thats why i dont fault him for not making the playoffs.  yet.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#49 : April 16, 2013, 10:50:19 AM

If you say you're going to build through the draft, after four years the best players on your team shouldn't have been drafted by other teams.

you build through the draft and you add pieces.   keep grasping.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#50 : April 16, 2013, 10:56:28 AM

Didnt we lose 5 out of our last 6 and that only win coming against a team that had already secured their seed in the playoffs.  We weren't competitors last year. 

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 16, 2013, 11:02:38 AM

It's because their used to rookie greats that played in Tampa.

Safety that was ok last and will be way better?? Meh

RB that had 2000 yards from scrimmage and made the Pro Bowl? Meh

Rookie LB that is probably top 5 in his position going in to his second year??

Some of you guys are amazing, I tell ya.

Actually we are used to rookies playing great in Tampa.... then falling off the face of the Earth: Cadillac, Clayton, Buenning, Sears, Adams, Jackson.

You say Barron "will" be better like it's a certainty. He should be better, but last season wasn't good for him.

Again, for the third time, Martin is a great pick as long as he stays healthy and lasts long. But that's rolling the dice on a 1st round pick because RBs are frequently injured and have short careers.

What's David's position, 4-3 LB? Again, little impact on games. Sorry I can't wave the pom poms for a 2nd round LB who had 2 sacks, 1 pick and 0 FFs.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#52 : April 16, 2013, 11:03:21 AM

Didnt we lose 5 out of our last 6 and that only win coming against a team that had already secured their seed in the playoffs.  We weren't competitors last year.

considering your pessimism, i wouldnt expect any more from you.  but we were in the WildCard hunt as late as week 14.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#53 : April 16, 2013, 11:08:40 AM

I know people say 0-5 on not getting to the playoffs but to be fair Dom had a 10 win team that didn't make it... That's rare.

I forgot that the Bears missed the playoffs last season at 10-6 and Lovie was sent packing

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#54 : April 16, 2013, 11:20:31 AM

The Glazers put the handcuffs on Dominik in the years leading up to the Lockout season.

I missed this story...feel free to provide a link...thanks.

Common Sense Business.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#55 : April 16, 2013, 11:34:31 AM

I forgot that the Bears missed the playoffs last season at 10-6 and Lovie was sent packing

i think it would be better to compare lovies situation to grudens with the Bucs...rather than Dominiks.  but thats another beaten horse.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#56 : April 16, 2013, 11:42:16 AM

The Glazers put the handcuffs on Dominik in the years leading up to the Lockout season.

I missed this story...feel free to provide a link...thanks.

Common Sense Business.

Sorry I'm not familiar with this website...do they also have a listing of logical fallacies I can enlist in football arguments? Never mind...I'm hungry for red herrings....let's eat those!!

\"I seen his aura or whatever...I seen it...it\'s orange...\"
- Un-named source on Lovie Smith

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#57 : April 16, 2013, 11:45:11 AM

i dont see why you cant admit there is a possibility that the Glazers didnt want to spend big money on FA's while they were gutting the roster. 

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#58 : April 16, 2013, 11:47:30 AM

Sorry I can't wave the pom poms for a 2nd round LB who had 2 sacks, 1 pick and 0 FFs.

Maybe if you considered that he also had 20 tfl it would help.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#59 : April 16, 2013, 12:06:01 PM

i think it would be better to compare lovies situation to grudens with the Bucs...rather than Dominiks.  but thats another beaten horse.

I wasn't really comparing, but Angelo was fired the year before
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools