Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#75 : April 16, 2013, 03:34:37 PM

who said it was the sole reason?   you don't think that a team missing the playoffs 5 consecutive seasons is a reason for a GM to be fired?  of course they could make the playoffs and it is all moot

so what do you believe the criteria should be for judging a GM?

i dont think missing the playoffs for a number of consecutive seasons is positive.  but i do understand it.    i believe that factors do come into play when making big decisions, rather than just looking at W/L's or making the playoffs or not.  i think the "why" is also important.

I think after 5 years being a contender should be the major criteria for success/failure and if you are not in the playoffs, then you can not contend.   We have only been a playoff thought for a fleeting moment in the first 4 years of Dom's reign.   We need to be a playoff team this season imo.   I reserve the right as do the Glazers obviously to look at a situation on a season by season basis.

But generally speaking if I am going to be fed the "build through the draft" nonsense I was fed, then I would expect to see some results by the end of year 5
If you say you're going to build through the draft, after four years the best players on your team shouldn't have been drafted by other teams.

The Super Bowl winning Bucs had Simeon Rice and an offense that was largely free agents.  Maybe you're holding Dom to too high a standard?  ::)

The Super Bowl Bucs were largely built through the draft not exclusively built through the draft.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

youngone

Hall of Famer

#76 : April 16, 2013, 03:38:20 PM

Let me guess, hardcore Gruden/Allen fan?

I do like Allen. Better than the bozo GM we have now.
Not sure if serious.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#77 : April 16, 2013, 03:44:30 PM

hard to tell  ;)

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#78 : April 16, 2013, 05:13:21 PM

We didn't get trounced at home vs the Giants.

lolz

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#79 : April 16, 2013, 05:18:04 PM

who said it was the sole reason?   you don't think that a team missing the playoffs 5 consecutive seasons is a reason for a GM to be fired?  of course they could make the playoffs and it is all moot

i dont think missing the playoffs for a number of consecutive seasons is positive.  but i do understand it.    i believe that factors do come into play when making big decisions, rather than just looking at W/L's or making the playoffs or not.  i think the "why" is also important.

I think after 5 years being a contender should be the major criteria for success/failure and if you are not in the playoffs, then you can not contend.   We have only been a playoff thought for a fleeting moment in the first 4 years of Dom's reign.   We need to be a playoff team this season imo.   I reserve the right as do the Glazers obviously to look at a situation on a season by season basis.

But generally speaking if I am going to be fed the "build through the draft" nonsense I was fed, then I would expect to see some results by the end of year 5
If you say you're going to build through the draft, after four years the best players on your team shouldn't have been drafted by other teams.

The Super Bowl winning Bucs had Simeon Rice and an offense that was largely free agents.  Maybe you're holding Dom to too high a standard?  ::)

The Super Bowl Bucs were largely built through the draft not exclusively built through the draft.

Good Lord, you are a doofus.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#80 : April 16, 2013, 05:28:26 PM

Good Lord, you are a doofus.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#81 : April 16, 2013, 05:33:39 PM

Lol, Biggs the one trick pony. Way to be consistent.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#82 : April 16, 2013, 06:08:52 PM

Not sure if serious.

He GM'd the Raiders, Bucs and Redskins to the playoffs. Pretty good resume. He's not perfect but he knows what he's doing.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#83 : April 16, 2013, 06:18:12 PM

Not sure if serious.

He GM'd the Raiders, Bucs and Redskins to the playoffs. Pretty good resume. He's not perfect but he knows what he's doing.

He didn't GM the Raiders. Al Davis considered what he had to say maybe, but at the end of the day Al did what he wanted

This guy...

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#84 : April 16, 2013, 06:39:34 PM

He GM'd the Raiders, Bucs and Redskins to the playoffs.

is this a real thing?  who coached those teams to the playoffs?  GM's acquire talent, plan contracts, and frequently help choose a coach.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

youngone

Hall of Famer

#85 : April 16, 2013, 06:47:45 PM

Not sure if serious.

Knew what he was doing? Did you see his drafts?.. Train wreck after train wreck.. All of those years and we have to show from it is a guard and a back up linebacker.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#86 : April 16, 2013, 06:58:18 PM

Oversimplification, but obviously if Gmac and MW have bad seasons, Dom may be cooked. More significantly, the pass defense must at least be credible. Another year like last and he should be shown the door.

Because Dom coaches these guys and calls the plays. Pfft, come on. Dom makes contracts and negotiates with other GMs. He's the furthest thing from a football guy. He could do this same job in the NBA.

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#87 : April 16, 2013, 07:04:27 PM

Not sure if serious.

Knew what he was doing? Did you see his drafts?.. Train wreck after train wreck.. All of those years and we have to show from it is a guard and a back up linebacker.

Like I said, not perfect. But he put together fairly good teams that won games. Just like he's doing in Washington now while we're pissing in the wind.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#88 : April 16, 2013, 07:11:34 PM

Not sure if serious.

Like I said, not perfect. But he put together fairly good teams that won games. Just like he's doing in Washington now while we're pissing in the wind.
I would take Dom over that jack wagon any day.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#89 : April 16, 2013, 07:24:08 PM

Not sure if serious.

Suuuure. Bruce Allen. University of Richmond, STAR PUNTER!  He's the guy building that team. Not coaching superstar Shanahan. No way he's picking the players. With all of his on field experience, coaching since the 70's, actual QB experience, SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH

Yeah, they're letting the star punter, drafted in the 12th round decide who is on that team.

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools