Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#120 : April 17, 2013, 06:28:25 PM

different philosophies to build a team, gut it and go real young vs. trying to fill in and stay competitive in the process.  As you admit, we obviously know that draft picks didn't pan out and at this point we do not know if the current young guys are going to pan out either.   Allen also had 3 winning seasons and 2 division titles during his tenure.  Question is, is the team better now than 4 years ago.  I don't really want to hear about potential to be good at the end of this season.  5 years is enough time to have built a playoff team.

bruce allen inherited a top 5 defense and jon gruden.  dominik inherited a 40 year old derrick brooks, gaines adams and raheem morris.  i wonder if that had anything to do with the W/L records and division titles?

i get it that you like the stopgap/fill in approach.  but all bias' aside, i would hope that most Bucs fans feel better about the team in 2013 rather than 2008.  i guess i really dont care, it just baffles me.
link to where I said I like the "stop gap approach" or hell even where that is what the approach was for Gru/Allen.  This will be the 5th year that Dominik has had a full stable of picks to restock this team and the Glazers have loosened the purse strings to allow him the opportunity to fill in with top notch free agents.  If 5 years isn't enough time to build a winner, how about you let me know when we as fans can start to hold Dom accountable.

What I like is for our team to win.  You/we hope that we are closer to that, then we were in 2008, but we don't know that.   Caddy, Clayton, Ruud, Joseph, Phillips, Simms, etc.  were all young players with potential at one time as well.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#121 : April 17, 2013, 08:13:20 PM

Suuuure. Bruce Allen. University of Richmond, STAR PUNTER!  He's the guy building that team. Not coaching superstar Shanahan. No way he's picking the players. With all of his on field experience, coaching since the 70's, actual QB experience, SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH

Yeah, they're letting the star punter, drafted in the 12th round decide who is on that team.
What an idiotic way of looking at things.
Who cares what position they played or where.
Using that type of thought process Matt Millen with his 4 Super Bowl rings and 2 All Pro selections as a player make him a better GM than Bill Belichick is a coach because he was a lowly center & TE at  Wesleyan University (didn't even get drafted)

Are you stupid? Matt Millen is a GM. BB is a coach. A GM should be able to assemble an excellent scout team, have great negotiating skills and be able to sign beneficial contracts. If your GM is going to be in charge of who gets kicked off or signed onto the team then he better damn well have played football, know ins and outs of your scheme and BE THERE at practice.

A coach's duties are 9155835354% different.

My point here is that the top man on football player decisions should be a guy with football experience. Not Mark D who was a frat boy that majored in sports management. I 100% believe that Schiano is in charge of who is on this team and who gets drafted. He knows the in and outs of the scheme. Not MD. MD signs guys, organizes scouting, gets those reports to Schiano and crew, and makes good (but questionable) contracts.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#122 : April 17, 2013, 08:57:08 PM

link to where I said I like the "stop gap approach" or hell even where that is what the approach was for Gru/Allen.  This will be the 5th year that Dominik has had a full stable of picks to restock this team and the Glazers have loosened the purse strings to allow him the opportunity to fill in with top notch free agents.  If 5 years isn't enough time to build a winner, how about you let me know when we as fans can start to hold Dom accountable.

What I like is for our team to win.  You/we hope that we are closer to that, then we were in 2008, but we don't know that.   Caddy, Clayton, Ruud, Joseph, Phillips, Simms, etc.  were all young players with potential at one time as well.
so far dominik has had 4 drafts.  if you want to complain that we arent a winner after 4 years of dominik, fine.  but dont complain about 5 years.  or better yet, complain away. 

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#123 : April 17, 2013, 09:10:04 PM

Dominik's reign will be defined by this Revis deal , for better or for worse.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#124 : April 17, 2013, 10:40:29 PM

Dominik's reign will be defined by this Revis deal , for better or for worse.
Why? He may get Revis for a 2nd. We got Winslow for a 2nd.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#125 : April 18, 2013, 07:01:24 AM

No way Freesus. The least it will cost is a 1st rounder in 2014. 2nd rounders aren't even being mentioned anymore. This is going to be a big deal that changes drafts and changes cap situations. We will remember it as the moment Dom became a rock star and made the team a contender or the moment he fumbled the rebuilding process and got himself fired.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#126 : April 18, 2013, 07:09:49 AM

Suuuure. Bruce Allen. University of Richmond, STAR PUNTER!  He's the guy building that team. Not coaching superstar Shanahan. No way he's picking the players. With all of his on field experience, coaching since the 70's, actual QB experience, SUPER BOWL WINNING COACH

Yeah, they're letting the star punter, drafted in the 12th round decide who is on that team.
What an idiotic way of looking at things.
Who cares what position they played or where.
Using that type of thought process Matt Millen with his 4 Super Bowl rings and 2 All Pro selections as a player make him a better GM than Bill Belichick is a coach because he was a lowly center & TE at  Wesleyan University (didn't even get drafted)

Are you stupid? Matt Millen is a GM. BB is a coach. A GM should be able to assemble an excellent scout team, have great negotiating skills and be able to sign beneficial contracts. If your GM is going to be in charge of who gets kicked off or signed onto the team then he better damn well have played football, know ins and outs of your scheme and BE THERE at practice.

A coach's duties are 9155835354% different.

My point here is that the top man on football player decisions should be a guy with football experience. Not Mark D who was a frat boy that majored in sports management. I 100% believe that Schiano is in charge of who is on this team and who gets drafted. He knows the in and outs of the scheme. Not MD. MD signs guys, organizes scouting, gets those reports to Schiano and crew, and makes good (but questionable) contracts.
You are asking me if I'm stupid, I simply used your stupid way of looking at things against you, what you really just asked is "Am I (that being Lord Feesus) stupid?"
And based on that the answer would be a resounding yes.
You were using Allen being a punter drafted in the 12th round against him so surely if he's a bad GM based on his playing days then Millen must have been a great GM based on his playing days.
Sure Horseface is calling the shots in Washington but your entire reasoning in that post was moronic.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#127 : April 18, 2013, 07:51:59 AM

so far dominik has had 4 drafts.  if you want to complain that we arent a winner after 4 years of dominik, fine.  but dont complain about 5 years.  or better yet, complain away.

the OP specifically mentions 2013 draft picks needing to contribute for Dom along with his other 4 drafts.   my discussion has repeatedly centered on where we are after this season and I haven't complained about crap, it's called a discussion.   you're starting to sound like someone that is just arguing with people for the sake of arguing.   not like you, but that is the way it is looking.
: April 18, 2013, 07:56:03 AM olafberserker

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#128 : April 18, 2013, 08:30:07 AM

No way Freesus. The least it will cost is a 1st rounder in 2014. 2nd rounders aren't even being mentioned anymore. This is going to be a big deal that changes drafts and changes cap situations. We will remember it as the moment Dom became a rock star and made the team a contender or the moment he fumbled the rebuilding process and got himself fired.

I agree with you, with a slight twist. 

Dom's tenure will be defined by the draft of Freeman, who along with the Bucs succeed this year in part because . . .  Dom gave up our #13 this year to get Revis. The Bucs succeed this year because of the free agents Dom brought in (including Revis) and Dom's draft picks (featuring Freeman)  = extension for Dom.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#129 : April 18, 2013, 11:20:17 AM

the OP specifically mentions 2013 draft picks needing to contribute for Dom along with his other 4 drafts.   my discussion has repeatedly centered on where we are after this season and I haven't complained about crap, it's called a discussion.   you're starting to sound like someone that is just arguing with people for the sake of arguing.   not like you, but that is the way it is looking.

you're right, i apologize, discuss away.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The long term is approaching for Dominik. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools