Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IDZIK TELL THE MEDIA THAT TRADING REVIS IS STILL A VIABLE OPTION « previous next »
Page: 1 2

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 18, 2013, 03:25:48 AM

Dom should present his final big offer to Idzik a few days prior to the draft (something like 13 this year and a third next) with the understanding that assets (picks) will be removed after that date, when the Jets come CRAWLING back.  It's very clear that the Jets won't be signing Revis so hanging on to him for a crumby rebuild year is useless and just plain dumb. If they lose him for nothing in 2014 than Idzik should be fired.

It wouldn't exactly be "nothing"  they would get if they keep him. They would get a comp pick the following year. And assuming it would be the highest comp pick, that would be a 3rd rounder.

I wouldn't blame anything on Idzic, I think Woody is calling the shots on this one.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 18, 2013, 04:35:26 AM

Idzik needs to **CENSORED**, or get off the pot.

"We are," "we aren't."

They're going to piss on everyone about it until they end up getting nothing (a third).

I feel like the bucs are the little kid in the lunchroom, giving a whole pile of food to trade for another kids homebaked ziti in a little jar. To some point, since they're taking the bucs for a ride, I feel like dom should send them a big "fu" in the form of a non deal late, and they get stuck with the tab they didn't really want.

Stop with this coy stuff and get to brass tax already.

To be fair ziti is pretty **CENSORED**ing awesome.
Yeah but at the cost of my wife's lasagna? No. Being literal and metaphorical here too.

In Verner We Trust

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#17 : April 18, 2013, 06:55:29 AM

There's a 463 page topic on revis & we need another one? *facepalm*

Go Bucs

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 18, 2013, 07:16:56 AM

Dom should present his final big offer to Idzik a few days prior to the draft (something like 13 this year and a third next) with the understanding that assets (picks) will be removed after that date, when the Jets come CRAWLING back.  It's very clear that the Jets won't be signing Revis so hanging on to him for a crumby rebuild year is useless and just plain dumb. If they lose him for nothing in 2014 than Idzik should be fired.

It wouldn't exactly be "nothing"  they would get if they keep him. They would get a comp pick the following year. And assuming it would be the highest comp pick, that would be a 3rd rounder.

I wouldn't blame anything on Idzic, I think Woody is calling the shots on this one.
The NFL really needs to put something out about how the comp picks work because there is zero chance they get a 3rd rounder in 2014.
For one thing they would have to wait until 2015 for comp picks to be awarded for FA loses in 2014.
Even then it's not likely that they get anything for Revis due to the fact that the team is so talent starved they would virtually have to go out and spend all that new cap space on new players, the number of which would outweigh the number of FAs leaving and thus means they get NOTHING.
Idjit has no play in terms of draft picks, we are the only team offering anything so it's take a 3rd now or wait until 2015 to likely get nothing at all or a very low round pick at best.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 18, 2013, 09:09:34 AM

If we were "one player away" from a Super Bowl, it could be worth it. For us right now, NO.
   Jets are looking at rebuilding ASAP, and that takes beaucoup draft picks. Revis is their best bait...

No, it should be are we one player away from the playoffs. This offense can get hot just like it did last year. Revis would no doubt give us a better shot at making the playoffs. It would be nice to have an answer for Julio Jones for once.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: IDZIK TELL THE MEDIA THAT TRADING REVIS IS STILL A VIABLE OPTION « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools