Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whoa!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

« #30 : April 18, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »

I'm kinda shocked, honestly. In all those showers Keri and I took together, I never would have guessed he was gay, just very affectionate and a bit of a snuggler.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
« #31 : April 18, 2013, 11:27:13 AM »

Skull is right. Certain posters would have a problem if it was a Buccaneer. Especially many of the posters in this thread and the other threads about a player coming out. The inappropriate comments/jokes say it all.

I'd have a problem if a Buc player "came out".

Now if it was an All Pro who had 5+ picks and bunch of PDs and some sacks, I'd say "flame on!" but if it was a Myron Lewis type guy I'd be afraid the Bucs Organization might be afraid to cut him for fear of a "homophobe" label.

Oh crap! Could that be why Myron Lewis is still on the roster????   ??? ???

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #32 : April 18, 2013, 11:35:53 AM »

Man, if Freeman had 70% of Jeff Garcia's onfield "BADASSNESS"-- we'd be in good shape going forward....

Actually agree with that. Despite his demeanor, when it came to playing football Jeff gave everything he had on every down.

His happy feet irritated the crap out of me, but it did extend quite a few plays when our offensive line was atrocious.

Gotta agree with this. I still remember him coming into the huddle after a big hit, blood just dripping down his face and he just didnt care. It was onto the next one. His onfield intensity was crazy, and something I wish Free had.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Rusty

Hall of Famer
« #33 : April 18, 2013, 11:46:37 AM »

I thought you guys were all above making fun of gays.  Just admit it.  You wouldn't want one of the Bucs to come out.  Many if you would have a problem with it.

Personally speakin, i don't care what they do in private. But having this flamer puttin personal business out there the way he has is a lil fuk'd up.

"Flamer?"

Yeah, you don't care. I'm sure you'll plead ignorance and tell us how you didn't know that was an offensive word to gay people.

Skull is right. Certain posters would have a problem if it was a Buccaneer. Especially many of the posters in this thread and the other threads about a player coming out. The inappropriate comments/jokes say it all.

ufojoe,  I can tell you unequivicaly the I DO NOT care about anyone´s preference. As in other aspects of life, none of us all like the same things. Also, statistically, we all surmise that on clear percentages alone, there was, is and will be gays in sports. But here´s my point. I have always liked Ellen Degeneris as a comedian. Back a few years, she really turned me off when AFTER she disclosed her status, the press waged a campaign about her gayness. Ellen and gay were synonomous. Kinda like the first black, female or hispanic this or that. As a happily married man, I don´t need to know about anyones sex life, either straight, gay or celibate. It´s a private matter. So in summary, would I have a problem with a gay guy on the Bucs, no but would I have a problem with hearing about it and all of the details all the time, yes sir.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #34 : April 18, 2013, 11:58:32 AM »

I thought you guys were all above making fun of gays.  Just admit it.  You wouldn't want one of the Bucs to come out.  Many if you would have a problem with it.

Personally speakin, i don't care what they do in private. But having this flamer puttin personal business out there the way he has is a lil fuk'd up.

"Flamer?"

Yeah, you don't care. I'm sure you'll plead ignorance and tell us how you didn't know that was an offensive word to gay people.

I think that depends entirely on the person ufojoe. One of my producers is gay (and one of my best friends), and he calls himself a flamer, fag, etc all the time. The way he sees it is it is what it is, thats what they are, no problem. Granted hes the straightest gay guy ever, but BK, his fiancee (the "wife" in this situation) is the same way. Offensive is all just a matter of perspective (and IMO people get waaay too offended waaaay too easily.....I dont get why people are so **CENSORED**ing sensitive, maybe they got coddled too much as kids). Words are just words until someone puts their own spin/venom/perspective into them. I personally have no issues with gays, and in my experience, alot of them are quite enjoyable people to be around, my issues come with when you start making me feel uncomfortable (like by hitting on me), thats when/where I draw the line. Ill be the first to say, I use words like fag/flamer all the time (granted I do like to push buttons, even though I dont see it as that coz theyre just words, like **CENSORED**....the brits use that one all the time and no one cares, but for some reason we cant here in North America), both in my music and in real life situations (I also work in a kitchen though where its more socially acceptable to be vulgar as **CENSORED**.....in fact, its encouraged), maybe its a generational thing, who knows. Theyre just words if you ask me and anybody who knows me knows where I actually stand on the subject, and anybody else, well I could really give a **CENSORED** less if they dont like my vocabulary and choice of words coz they dont know me from a can of paint.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #35 : April 18, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »

"Flamer?"

I'm no expert on the subject so you'll have to forgive my word choice. I'll ask you.... do you think its possible to be gay without acting like a woman?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #36 : April 18, 2013, 06:12:08 PM »

^^i get what you're saying. But I've met a few in the flamboyant category that despite being a tad annoying were still pretty nice people. I think the overall message is don't judge other people until you know them

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #37 : April 18, 2013, 06:13:05 PM »

SHOCKER: Britney Griner is gay. Lol

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #38 : April 18, 2013, 06:25:24 PM »

I'm no expert on the subject so you'll have to forgive my word choice. I'll ask you.... do you think its possible to be gay without acting like a woman?

We both know the answer is yes. But everybody is different. I don't care if somebody acts feminine or not. It's about the person and how they treat people.

I've met/worked with/been friends with, gay men who act very feminine and others who do not.  And the same goes for lesbians. Some are feminine and others are very masculine.

I've also worked with straight guys who are very feminine.

Then you have the extreme on the other end. In Long Island, where I grew up, you have an overabundance of macho guys who are like neanderthals.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #39 : April 18, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »

I have always liked Ellen Degeneris as a comedian. Back a few years, she really turned me off when AFTER she disclosed her status, the press waged a campaign about her gayness. Ellen and gay were synonomous. Kinda like the first black, female or hispanic this or that. As a happily married man, I don´t need to know about anyones sex life, either straight, gay or celibate. It´s a private matter. So in summary, would I have a problem with a gay guy on the Bucs, no but would I have a problem with hearing about it and all of the details all the time, yes sir.

That's an issue you have to deal with. It obviously bothers you to hear about it. Others, like me, couldn't care less what people or the media, talk about when it comes to that subject and their personal lives. If I don't want to hear about it, I stop reading the article or change the channel. Kind of like when
Colin Cowherd professes his love for Lebron and hatred for Melo. I don't listen to that show any more.

Guess you're going to be turned off a lot in the upcoming years.
« : April 18, 2013, 06:31:39 PM ufojoe »

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #40 : April 18, 2013, 06:29:26 PM »

Then you have the extreme on the other end. In Long Island, where I grew up, you have an overabundance of macho guys who are like neanderthals.

So in other words Italians. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #41 : April 18, 2013, 06:29:32 PM »

^^i get what you're saying. But I've met a few in the flamboyant category that despite being a tad annoying were still pretty nice people. I think the overall message is don't judge other people until you know them

The guy is a flamer.... and i don't have to know him to see that.

One of my best customers is a gay couple....'Husband' mid 50s and you'd never know he was gay if you didn't know him. 'Wife' mid 30's flamboyant as hell and refers to himself as a fag. I've joked with him many times and told him to 'tone that shlt down". He tells me to fuk off... but its ok because we're kool like that. They are both awesome guys and I have no problem with their gayness. Just not a fan of guys that feel the need to act more feminine than a woman.... like Rhodes' buddy.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

« #42 : April 18, 2013, 06:30:48 PM »

SHOCKER: Britney Griner is gay. Lol
I thought he was just a man.

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #43 : April 18, 2013, 06:32:04 PM »

Isnt he a free agent too? That's tough..

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #44 : April 18, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »

So in other words Italians.

Actually, it's everybody. Doesn't matter if they're Italian, Irish, German or whatever. But definitely a lot of Italians on Long Island. You can't drive a
mile without seeing a pizza place.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Whoa!!! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools