Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assessing Bucs at running back « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 19, 2013, 04:29:00 PM

J-Dub's guy Dennis Johnson. I think he can be a good backup to Doug and the guy can play on special teams.

Both him and C. Michael seem to be climbing. Rotoworld ranked the RBs and have Michael at 5 Johnson at 6.  Both these guys were 5th round or later guys before the combine.

I think you are confused. Rotworld lists seniors and juniors separately, so that is five and six of just seniors. It doesn't count guys like Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Marcus Latimore, Levion Bell, ect. ect. because they are on a separate list for juniors.

Also, Johnson didn't get an invite to the combine, so his stock has been slowly falling over the past few months simply from lack of exposure. He use to be a 4th round prosepct on many sites, but as his stock stays stagnant and others rise, he has dropped to the point where most have him as a very late pick.
: April 19, 2013, 04:31:19 PM JDouble

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 19, 2013, 05:25:09 PM

J-Dub's guy Dennis Johnson. I think he can be a good backup to Doug and the guy can play on special teams.

Both him and C. Michael seem to be climbing. Rotoworld ranked the RBs and have Michael at 5 Johnson at 6.  Both these guys were 5th round or later guys before the combine.

I think you are confused. Rotworld lists seniors and juniors separately, so that is five and six of just seniors. It doesn't count guys like Eddie Lacy, Giovani Bernard, Marcus Latimore, Levion Bell, ect. ect. because they are on a separate list for juniors.

Also, Johnson didn't get an invite to the combine, so his stock has been slowly falling over the past few months simply from lack of exposure. He use to be a 4th round prosepct on many sites, but as his stock stays stagnant and others rise, he has dropped to the point where most have him as a very late pick.

Yea I am, my bad lol.. It was actually a nfl.com draft analyst's rankings retweeted by Rotoworld.  He has Michael as the 5th rated back and Johnson as the 6th.  He still has Johnson projected in the 5th round though which I didn't notice.

His top 10 -
1. Eddie Lacy
2. Benard
3. Ellington
4. Franklin
5. C. Michael
6. D. Johnson
7. Zac Stacey
8. Lattimore
9. Bell
10. M. Ball

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000158587/article/2013-nfl-draft-eddie-lacy-sits-atop-running-back-rankings

Edit* Actually not sure who he writes for, both rotoworld and nfl.com posted his article, this is his full rankings for RBs..

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/43079/325/draft-rankings-rbs
: April 19, 2013, 06:41:03 PM XFactor

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#32 : April 19, 2013, 05:44:25 PM

Giovani Bernard boys and girls. Best RB in this class

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#33 : April 20, 2013, 08:50:29 AM

Monte Ball as the 10th best running back is crazy talk. Plus any top ten that doesn't include Stepfan Taylor is rubbish.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 20, 2013, 12:04:04 PM

Lattimore

Use one of the 4ths, I say.

there are some that say before then.... i can't see it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#35 : April 20, 2013, 01:59:46 PM

Draft Stepfon Taylor out of Stanford...nuff said

You must be accountable for your actions!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 20, 2013, 08:23:07 PM

Draft Stepfon Taylor out of Stanford...nuff said

+1

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : April 20, 2013, 08:25:41 PM

Lattimore

I'll bring you some glasses

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 20, 2013, 08:36:07 PM

Stepfan Taylor would be a steal in the 4th where I have mocked him. Perfect compliment to Doug. Dynamic pass catcher and blocker as well. He's actually my favorite in this draft,  but if we were looking for a starter it would be Ball.

Martin is the workhorse.
Taylor the 3rd down back.
Blount the emergency backup if Doug goes down.
Leonard is the FB.

Crown us!!

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : April 20, 2013, 08:45:30 PM

Lattimore

I'll bring you some glasses

See u tmrw

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 20, 2013, 09:34:43 PM

If Blount is not going to be "that guy",  pick up an UDFA somewhere. I wouldn't spend a high pick on a RB, or any pick for that matter. Just need a guy to spell Dougie. We don't need Adrian Peterson.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 20, 2013, 11:23:28 PM

If Blount is not going to be "that guy",  pick up an UDFA somewhere. I wouldn't spend a high pick on a RB, or any pick for that matter. Just need a guy to spell Dougie. We don't need Adrian Peterson.

It's might be worth taking a chance on a guy in the 4th-6th rounds if there happens to be a guy there who has slipped or has aspects that the team feels would not be there in UDFAs. Those later round picks are pretty much teams flinging sh*t at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 21, 2013, 02:37:18 AM

It's might be worth taking a chance on a guy in the 4th-6th rounds if there happens to be a guy there who has slipped or has aspects that the team feels would not be there in UDFAs. Those later round picks are pretty much teams flinging sh*t at the wall and hoping something sticks.

I hear ya brother, but I would prefer they do the slinging at defensive players.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Assessing Bucs at running back « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools