Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two Primetime Games AT HOME « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

gobuxfla

Pro Bowler

#15 : April 18, 2013, 08:24:12 PM

Dolphins on MNF? I mean the Bucs are a young team on the rise, but the Fins? o_O

There's no love on MNF with the Fins and Bucs. Last time that game was on MNF, it was fight city in the stands and just plain nasty on the field.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 18, 2013, 08:26:40 PM

Honestly....it might be the NFL throwing us a bone.  Bucs/Dolphins would probably get a bigger attendance than usual simply because of the Dolphins proximity, but not enough to get over the blackout.  Make it primetime, boom, insta-attendance, and no worries about blackout on MNF.  They wanted to get us on MNF, but were worried about something like the Eagles not selling tickets.

LuckyLarry

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 18, 2013, 08:28:46 PM

Rough schedule. Four of last six on road with one of the two home vs. SF. Bad.

All the road games are against teams that are no better (and I think worse) than us. Every one of those games is winnable.

I'm not so sure about that Patriots game.   But it's better to play them early when it's still hot.

I think this is an easy schedule.   Like you said, the away games are not against tough teams.   It's best to have the away games against the weaker teams and home games against the teams you will have a tougher time against since you have the home field advantage.   No cold weather games at all.   

This schedule couldn't have been arranged much better in our favor other than the bye week being a little too early.

LuckyLarry

Pro Bowler

#18 : April 18, 2013, 08:29:29 PM

Dolphins on MNF? I mean the Bucs are a young team on the rise, but the Fins? o_O

There's no love on MNF with the Fins and Bucs. Last time that game was on MNF, it was fight city in the stands and just plain nasty on the field.

When was that?   1983?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#19 : April 18, 2013, 08:30:11 PM

The Fish and the Bolts got more prime-time games than us.  That is a slight in my opinion as we've got the better team.  Guess the size of the market has a lot to do with it.  Money talks and Tampa mostly plays on Sundays afternoons.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 18, 2013, 08:30:22 PM

Agree that I'm happy to see all the cold-weather cities in the beginning of the season. If have to be on the road last two weeks at least they're in domes.

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#21 : April 18, 2013, 08:31:22 PM

I agree Todd that the bye is a little earlier than ideal.

BucsGlory

Second String

#22 : April 18, 2013, 08:34:42 PM

I really think that a bucs-falcons game should have been on mnf. There close tough entertaining games, where the bucs could beat the media hyped falcons and show football fans nationwide what we're capable of.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 18, 2013, 08:35:39 PM

I really think that a bucs-falcons game should have been on mnf. There close tough entertaining games, where the bucs could beat the media hyped falcons and show football fans nationwide what we're capable of.

They are always close games, too. You have a good point.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 18, 2013, 08:37:08 PM

Flex to SNF?

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 18, 2013, 08:37:45 PM

Great to see getting some prime time love at home, but Atlanta gets 5 games? Over-rated!

5 opportunities for the nation to see them as the frauds that they are

djkladfjkldfav They made the NFC Championship Game last year and were a play away from the Super Bowl. I know as Bucs fans we hate them, but get the **CENSORED** out of here with that calling them frauds and over-rated bull **CENSORED**. They're 100% legit.

With that being said, **CENSORED** em and I hope they go 0-16.

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 18, 2013, 08:38:08 PM

Don't forget, MNF isn't the featured game any more.  Sunday Night Football is the featured game.  It's hard to argue that we should've gotten the game week 7.  Vikings/Giants is definitely a sexier matchup.  Week 11 is possible, but it's possible that Fox blocked it.

BucsGlory

Second String

#27 : April 18, 2013, 08:41:49 PM

And whats up with all the earlier byes recently,  who did we piss off  at nfl headquarters. Damn

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 18, 2013, 08:43:45 PM

Great to see getting some prime time love at home, but Atlanta gets 5 games? Over-rated!

5 opportunities for the nation to see them as the frauds that they are

djkladfjkldfav They made the NFC Championship Game last year and were a play away from the Super Bowl. I know as Bucs fans we hate them, but get the **CENSORED** out of here with that calling them frauds and over-rated bull **CENSORED**. They're 100% legit.

With that being said, **CENSORED** em and I hope they go 0-16.

If you watched their games as closely as i did, you'd have seen that they had every bounce go their way. That doesn't happen every year. Last yr was their time.... and they choked it away per usual.

I call them frauds..... your falcon loving self will just have to deal with it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 18, 2013, 08:46:23 PM

If we don't get Revis this off-season, perhaps we can trade for him at halftime of week one.  :P
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two Primetime Games AT HOME « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools