Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers throwback game. « previous next »
Page: 1

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

: April 18, 2013, 10:13:24 PM

Should be one of those national primetime games. IHO.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 18, 2013, 10:18:23 PM

Should be one of those national primetime games. IHO.

Monday nite vs Fins would be perfect

-------------------------------------------------------

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 18, 2013, 10:22:46 PM

id rather it not be a national game. the old unis are gross and we always seem to lose when we wear them. id rather just beat the phins in the good old pewter and red

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#3 : April 18, 2013, 10:27:38 PM

id rather it not be a national game. the old unis are gross and we always seem to lose when we wear them. id rather just beat the phins in the good old pewter and red

Pewter and red is a boring combo anymore. Put the Bucs out in throwbacks for a Monday night game and everyone would buy up the throwback stuff.

crazybucfan67

Rookie
#4 : April 18, 2013, 10:33:16 PM

October 13th vs the Eagles... 1st playoff win. Ronde's final season against Eagles where he made the biggest play in Bucs history
: April 18, 2013, 10:34:52 PM indybucfan

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#5 : April 18, 2013, 10:36:18 PM

October 13th vs the Eagles... 1st playoff win. Ronde's final season against Eagles where he made the biggest play in Bucs history

A game that will only be shown in Philly.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 18, 2013, 10:49:12 PM

Um, I'm pretty sure we wrecked the Packers in 2009, the first time we wore orange in a LONG time AND Josh Freeman's first NFL start.

replica

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 18, 2013, 11:30:17 PM

I like the idea of throwback on MNF, but I also like the idea of inducting a certain HOF tackle into our ring of honor that night..he had a couple of years in the orange but I don't think of him that way

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#8 : April 18, 2013, 11:46:45 PM

Pewter and red is a boring combo anymore. Put the Bucs out in throwbacks for a Monday night game and everyone would buy up the throwback stuff.

Boring combo??? It's one of the best in the league. And we RARELY wear Red anymore, we always wear the white jersey more during a season

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#9 : April 18, 2013, 11:52:20 PM

Boring combo??? It's one of the best in the league. And we RARELY wear Red anymore, we always wear the white jersey more during a season

I know we don't, however IMHO the pewter and red is boring.

swamp_bats

Starter
#10 : April 19, 2013, 12:27:15 AM

They won't wear throwbacks in primetime because that is best chance to showcase the Buccaneer brand and we aren't the orange anymore.Also I'd rather see them save the throwback for another game to raise our chances at a sellout because we will sell out the primetime games no matter what.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 19, 2013, 12:33:34 AM

The game is typically done against an old NFC Central opponent (Lions, Packers, Bears, Vikings) or against a divisional opponent. I am betting the Nov 17 game against Atlanta will be the throwback game.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#12 : April 19, 2013, 08:20:58 AM

They won't wear throwbacks in primetime because that is best chance to showcase the Buccaneer brand and we aren't the orange anymore.Also I'd rather see them save the throwback for another game to raise our chances at a sellout because we will sell out the primetime games no matter what.

I am thinking that they will want to get as many eyes on throwback merchandise as possible. If they wear it against someone like the Falcons the game will only be on in Atlanta. The Glazers need to approach the season as though every home game will be blacked out and not have any reason to be shown to more than the opposing teams home city.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 19, 2013, 09:46:35 AM

It's gonna be the Philly game.

If you think about it, we will likely retire #99 this year since he was elected to the HOF, and there is no more perfect team to face that day than the Eagles...Sapp's most despised team.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#14 : April 19, 2013, 01:19:52 PM

I love the throwbacks. Wish we would make new unis with the old school colors with a new logo.

Hope its the Phins game.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Buccaneers throwback game. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools