Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Shakeup on Mayock's CB Rankings « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 19, 2013, 05:17:38 PM

If he is available in the second round the bucs could do a lot worse...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 19, 2013, 05:42:06 PM

I would love to revisit these threads in 2- 3 years. Everyone's rankings are so different. I re-watched all the games on youtube I could find on all the top corner prospects and still have Rhodes #1 on my list.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 19, 2013, 06:10:45 PM

He looks alright....good size, physical player, soft spoken, good kid, team captain. Sounds exactly like what we drafted last year so you can definitely tell he's a Schiano player. I still don't care what any of these rankings say...I like Jordan Poyer better than all of these guys. And he could be had in the late 3rd most likely.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 19, 2013, 07:07:36 PM

so nobody is here to refute my claim that his resume isnt impressive? nobody?

still waiting for someone to tell me im wrong on this one. probly wont happen because it cannot be refuted. i want to see 1st round players against 1st round players. he piled up stats in a weakass conference and has decent measurable so me must be a 1st rounder. solid logic

Sailing2smth

Starter

#19 : April 19, 2013, 07:15:46 PM

I still like CB Darius Slay - the guy has skills and has plenty of room to improve.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#20 : April 19, 2013, 07:33:23 PM

still waiting for someone to tell me im wrong on this one. probly wont happen because it cannot be refuted. i want to see 1st round players against 1st round players. he piled up stats in a weakass conference and has decent measurable so me must be a 1st rounder. solid logic
So by your logic, no 1st round player should ever come from a small school?  So Roethlisberger and Demarcus Ware were bad picks? Regardless of competition teams can assess technique, instinct, and athletic ability from gametape.  They can evaluate character, work ethic, and ability to learn from interviews and background checks.  We know he has speed to keep up with even the fastest WR's.  The one area that you could question would be ability to press or win jump balls against bigger, stronger WR's.  An alternate way of looking at this could also be that he didn't have much help around him either.  Milliner and Rhodes both had some pretty good defenses around them. 

FWIW, I'm just playing devil's advocate.  I don't think he should be in play at 13, but may be an option if we trade back in the 1st or up from the 2nd.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 19, 2013, 07:53:22 PM

So by your logic, no 1st round player should ever come from a small school?  So Roethlisberger and Demarcus Ware were bad picks? Regardless of competition teams can assess technique, instinct, and athletic ability from gametape.  They can evaluate character, work ethic, and ability to learn from interviews and background checks.  We know he has speed to keep up with even the fastest WR's.  The one area that you could question would be ability to press or win jump balls against bigger, stronger WR's.  An alternate way of looking at this could also be that he didn't have much help around him either.  Milliner and Rhodes both had some pretty good defenses around them. 

FWIW, I'm just playing devil's advocate.  I don't think he should be in play at 13, but may be an option if we trade back in the 1st or up from the 2nd.

no. by my logic a guy who hasnt done much should not be rising this much this close to the combine. there is literally no basis for it and hes purely hype at this point. theres no recent substance to base his move upward. this is sort of like ansah and his ridiculous rise after the combine and dontari poe last year. poe played in the same conference and put up mediocre numbers and then some dumbass draft evaluators decided hes a 1st round talent. 

once that garbage comes out the casual fans decide they see something when theres really nothing there and all clamour for their team to draft him. the ensuing threads and hype proceed to clutter up the board with garbage and said casual fans begin to get uppity and decide that when someone like myself who watches a ton of college ball and film doesnt like him that im wrong. therefore i bring in hard evidence and the **CENSORED**roaches dissappear like when a light is turned on.

it happens every year like clockwork. the week of the combine and the week right before the draft

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 19, 2013, 07:54:25 PM

The knock on Revis was that he never faced a good receiver.   I read somewhere that Mario Urrutia was the best he played against in college. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 19, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Never saw Hayden play , so I can't really comment , but I think it's clear alot of these draftniks like to make outrageous/controversial claims close to the draft just so they can get people talking about them.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 19, 2013, 08:15:30 PM

Never saw Hayden play , so I can't really comment , but I think it's clear alot of these draftniks like to make outrageous/controversial claims close to the draft just so they can get people talking about them.

yep. generating traffic and readers. making an outrageous claim about a guy nobody had ever head of being talked as a 1st rounder late in the process piques interest.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#25 : April 19, 2013, 08:19:57 PM

no. by my logic a guy who hasnt done much should not be rising this much this close to the combine. there is literally no basis for it and hes purely hype at this point. theres no recent substance to base his move upward. this is sort of like ansah and his ridiculous rise after the combine and dontari poe last year. poe played in the same conference and put up mediocre numbers and then some dumbass draft evaluators decided hes a 1st round talent. 

once that garbage comes out the casual fans decide they see something when theres really nothing there and all clamour for their team to draft him. the ensuing threads and hype proceed to clutter up the board with garbage and said casual fans begin to get uppity and decide that when someone like myself who watches a ton of college ball and film doesnt like him that im wrong. therefore i bring in hard evidence and the **CENSORED**roaches dissappear like when a light is turned on.

it happens every year like clockwork. the week of the combine and the week right before the draft

@dexmonkey...

Solid points/posts, but as you said this type of thing happens every year. 

bucray1

Rookie
#26 : April 19, 2013, 08:35:32 PM

if mayock thinks this kid is that good , that's good enough for me. he has a proven track record at recognizing talent , unlike the ass-clowns that  spout their ill informed opinions on this board, boom!!

bucray1

Rookie
#27 : April 19, 2013, 08:42:34 PM

@dexmonkey...

i suppose jerry rice was a nobody , huh. i'll take mayock's opinion over yours 100% of the time until you can provide credentials as good as his. what an ass-clown!!

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 19, 2013, 09:00:00 PM

@dexmonkey...

i suppose jerry rice was a nobody , huh. i'll take mayock's opinion over yours 100% of the time until you can provide credentials as good as his. what an ass-clown!!

haha wow way to entirely miss my point. go to bed youre drunk

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 19, 2013, 09:11:16 PM

I watched him play the first 9 games and he is a low first round type of talent. I don't give a crap what Dexmonkey says, he has never seen the kid play. The Houston defense gave up tons of yards and tons of points... however those were always opposite of Hayden.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Big Shakeup on Mayock's CB Rankings « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools