Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Predict the record for the 2013 season « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : April 19, 2013, 01:20:46 PM

so we have 3 or 4 prediction threads and 5-6 "the schedule it out whaddah think?" threads.......

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 19, 2013, 02:26:05 PM

11 and 5, NFC South champs, No. 3 seed.

In Verner We Trust

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 19, 2013, 02:29:10 PM

With Revis:
1. Jets        W
2.  Saints    L
3. Pats        L
4. Arizona   W
5. Bye
6. Philly       W
7. Falcons  W
8. Carolina  W
9. Seattle    L
10. Miami    W
11. Falcons W
12. Detroit   L
13. Carolina L
14. Buffalo   W
15.  SF         L
16. St. Louis W
17. Saints    W

10-6

I agree with all of it except I'd change the pats loss to a win, and split the two falcons games with a home field loss. That's also assuming revis is a buc and healthy the entire season.

Pats usually come on strong later in the season, while the bucs light usually turns on after the first couple of games (if at all). If I'm going to have an "upset" game, this one would be it.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#18 : April 19, 2013, 03:21:29 PM

As I have stated before in the other prediction thread - this team is somewhere between the 6-8 wins column.  If the Bucs are lucky then perhaps they can snag 9 wins which may not be enough to tip the wildcard scale this year in the NFC.

Again, reason for that is our pass rush and pass defense is simply not good enough to disrupt offenses such as NE, NO, ATL, SEA, SF (at least they are coming to TB), and to some extent CAR and DET.  Also, the lack of depth along the DL, LB, CB positions ain't gonna get it done.  Who's our starting NT and SLB this year?

On offense, we are in a bit better shape with the exception of TE position (unless TE Stocker wakes up).  I think that between WR Olgetree and WR Underwood the slot position should be covered.  Unlike popular opinion, I very much support QB Freeman as I think that he has all the tools to get the job done.  He just needs to be more confident within himself and believe in his abilities.  And as I mentioned before, I am not a supporter of the current coaching staff as I do not think they will lead this team to the playoffs much less a championship, hopefully I am wrong and will gladly eat crow if/when that day comes.

So bottomline - 6-8 wins for the Bucs 2013 season.

ingey1968

Starter

#19 : April 19, 2013, 04:00:51 PM

+1

As I have stated before in the other prediction thread - this team is somewhere between the 6-8 wins column.  If the Bucs are lucky then perhaps they can snag 9 wins which may not be enough to tip the wildcard scale this year in the NFC.

Again, reason for that is our pass rush and pass defense is simply not good enough to disrupt offenses such as NE, NO, ATL, SEA, SF (at least they are coming to TB), and to some extent CAR and DET.  Also, the lack of depth along the DL, LB, CB positions ain't gonna get it done.  Who's our starting NT and SLB this year?

On offense, we are in a bit better shape with the exception of TE position (unless TE Stocker wakes up).  I think that between WR Olgetree and WR Underwood the slot position should be covered.  Unlike popular opinion, I very much support QB Freeman as I think that he has all the tools to get the job done.  He just needs to be more confident within himself and believe in his abilities.  And as I mentioned before, I am not a supporter of the current coaching staff as I do not think they will lead this team to the playoffs much less a championship, hopefully I am wrong and will gladly eat crow if/when that day comes.

Native Buc

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 19, 2013, 04:05:58 PM

With Revis:
1. Jets        W
2.  Saints    L
3. Pats        L
4. Arizona   W
5. Bye
6. Philly       W
7. Falcons  W
8. Carolina  W
9. Seattle    L
10. Miami    W
11. Falcons W
12. Detroit   L
13. Carolina L
14. Buffalo   W
15.  SF         L
16. St. Louis W
17. Saints    W

10-6

I agree with all of it except I'd change the pats loss to a win, and split the two falcons games with a home field loss. That's also assuming revis is a buc and healthy the entire season.

Pats usually come on strong later in the season, while the bucs light usually turns on after the first couple of games (if at all). If I'm going to have an "upset" game, this one would be it.

We have always smashed them in preseason. Not that, that means a whole lot :/

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 19, 2013, 04:08:28 PM

+ 1

When given the opportunity I don't think Stocker is all that bad. It just seems like after Winslow the TE position hasn't been used much.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#22 : April 19, 2013, 07:27:27 PM

+ 1

When given the opportunity I don't think Stocker is all that bad. It just seems like after Winslow the TE position hasn't been used much.

Oh don't get me wrong, I like TE Stocker just fine...he is an all around TE (block and catch).  The reason why I said "wakes up" is because he still has much room for improvement with being able to beat his man on his routes.  I certainly do not want to compare him to TE Winslow (nothing against him, TE Stocker isn't a pass catching TE) just hope he stays healthy and increases his game.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 19, 2013, 08:21:38 PM

id wait till after the draft and revis drama

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#24 : April 27, 2013, 12:12:53 AM

After a strong showing at day 2 of the NFL draft, the Bucs picked up a position of need (CB Banks) during the 2nd round.  Then, QB Glennon which I suppose will challenge QB Freeman for the number 1 spot.  I understand that HC Schiano and GM Dominik wants to ensure that they are supporting the right guy under center, but perhaps that could have been addressed in a later round??  Who knows - there is no exact science to the NFL draft and teams miss up and down.
What still is a concern is the defensive pass rush.  Going in with DE Bowers, DE Clayborne, DT McCoy, OLB David, and MLB Foster as the affecters to the pass rush is solid and they all have what it takes to get the job done, but if one of them were to sustain an injury, that would be hard to overcome.  The depth behind them is terrible..BOTTOMLINE -

Stick by my original post of 6-8 wins for the Bucs in 2013.  If I am wrong (and I really hope that I am) gimme my crow with a side of  hot sauce and a Makers Mark Manhattan, please (no ice served in a tumbler!!). 

Sailing2smth

Starter

#25 : April 27, 2013, 12:15:53 AM

Lastly - and this is off topic to the OP, but I would have preferred DE Werner and CB Slay....for the record.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Predict the record for the 2013 season « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools