Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Props to Mark Dominik « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 21, 2013, 05:58:50 PM

Mad props Trae...

Amazing how many Dom-bashers don't have the stones to come in here asking for their (well deserved) plate of stuffed CROW...!

Folks...  You better be prepared for Dom to be pursued by other teams.  This guy is a young, brilliant, deal-brokering, genius IMNSHO.

Major Props. Jets got fleeced. Jets GM Idzik blinked. Bucs get a excellent contract with NO guaranteed money.

Bucs get the Best player from the Draft and can still build talent, depth and roll players. Not in my wildest dreams did I ever think that Dominik would pull off a deal of this nature.

I don't always agree with the moves that Dominik makes but on this one is truly amazing.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#16 : April 21, 2013, 06:00:24 PM

I'm currently in Vegas. As the reports started coming in...I ran down to the sports book and placed this little wager. I'm going to keep an eye out and see if the odds drop. At 50-1, we were in the bottom 5 long shots.

Wishful thinking....but I really would love to cash this in February.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 21, 2013, 06:04:21 PM

I wouldn't say the jets got fleeced.   They were lucky to get something for him.

Even though fans go to extremes regardless - this was a win-win-win deal.   

Now let's focus on the draft and get some depth and a starter or two.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 21, 2013, 06:08:27 PM

Props to MD for sure, but I think calling this a 'successful move' is a bit premature; for all we know Revis could re-injure his knee in the preseason and never play a down for the Bucs in 2013.

But I digress, as I think this move will turn out to be one that is very beneficial for the franchise.......

traew01

Pro Bowler

#19 : April 21, 2013, 06:12:57 PM

Props to MD for sure, but I think calling this a 'successful move' is a bit premature; for all we know Revis could re-injure his knee in the preseason and never play a down for the Bucs in 2013.

But I digress, as I think this move will turn out to be one that is very beneficial for the franchise.......

Injuries are always a possibility. But I hear that Revis is a lot like AP - a rehabbing freak. Combined with the advancements in this type of surgery and the fact the injury occurred in September, I feel pretty confident he will be fine in 4.5 months when it's time to take on the Jets.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 21, 2013, 06:14:34 PM

I keep telling people mark is a damn good GM. We're lucky to have the guy.

Homegrown, good people, and smart like a fox.

Yet finishes in 4th place, 3rd place, 4th place, 4th place

That's pretty lame to blame him for what two head coaches and a whole team of players couldn't do.

Also, the guy gets the glazers to open their wallets, which is a negotiation initself.

I seriously doubt one bit that you, or most of the GM's in the league could do much better even on that level alone, let alone sign arguably the three best FA's the bucs have ever had in less than two years. Being a jackwagon armchair GM is one thing, but to actually manage a muti million dollar business like that, is a completely different monster.

You would do well to learn that.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 21, 2013, 06:16:52 PM

I ain't scurred .

Give me my plate of crow !! Dom is a rock star !!

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 21, 2013, 06:17:11 PM

So could the 13th pick they would have taken. At least with Revis you KNOW what you have when healthy.

threadkiller

Pro Bowler

#23 : April 21, 2013, 06:45:22 PM

I love the deal, but it's exactly the trade that all the talking heads were saying would happen right from the start.  Maybe Dom "won" 3rd next vs this year?  We caved on the 13 pick, would have loved get Revis and keep that.  Think that was possible.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 21, 2013, 06:51:19 PM

I'm a fan of Dominik's, though not a huge fan of this move. I do think this makes the Bucs a playoff team, though.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 21, 2013, 07:16:57 PM

Not to throw cold water, but I for one will feel better the first time I see Revis play to his pre-injury standard.  At that point a very good trade will have been proven. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 21, 2013, 07:30:55 PM

Trae, I got Bucs at 30-1 at Caesars just to win the NFC. Liking that a whole lot more today!

ctymniak

Second String

#27 : April 21, 2013, 07:35:51 PM

I think he could of gotten it done for 2 seconds.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 21, 2013, 07:38:25 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if the owners called the shots.
: April 21, 2013, 07:43:29 PM CalicoJack55

My logo is bigger than your logo

Buc on the Move

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 21, 2013, 07:42:18 PM

Great job by Dom.  A good compensation, and contract stipulations.  I don't think the price was too high, more like just right.  Now to see Revis perform will be the next step, but I've got a good feeling about this one.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Props to Mark Dominik « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools