Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Props to Mark Dominik « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
« #30 : April 21, 2013, 07:44:13 PM »

Dominik frequently has cited “rare’’ and “unique’’ opportunities to get Pro Bowl players in their prime.

Teflon Dom, salute.

Capt Kidd

Starter
« #31 : April 21, 2013, 07:46:27 PM »

Reports were that Revis was looking for 13-15 mil per season. I'm sure Dominik said something like, "we'll guarantee $13 per year for 3 years or if you really believe in yourself, we'll give you 16 every year but not guaranteed". A guy like Revis has the pride to say "I can do that".  He has all the money he really needs, now it's about proving things.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
« #32 : April 21, 2013, 07:48:53 PM »

Props to MD for sure, but I think calling this a 'successful move' is a bit premature; for all we know Revis could re-injure his knee in the preseason and never play a down for the Bucs in 2013.

But I digress, as I think this move will turn out to be one that is very beneficial for the franchise.......

So could the 13th pick they would have taken. At least with Revis you KNOW what you have when healthy.

Yes, but the point is Revis is just coming off the type of major injury that significantly increases his chances of re-injury.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #33 : April 21, 2013, 10:07:37 PM »

Well done Dom!! Kudos on the deal and contract.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

« #34 : April 21, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »

All the Dominik haters can suck it.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

« #35 : April 21, 2013, 10:19:05 PM »

Props to MD for sure, but I think calling this a 'successful move' is a bit premature; for all we know Revis could re-injure his knee in the preseason and never play a down for the Bucs in 2013.

But I digress, as I think this move will turn out to be one that is very beneficial for the franchise.......

So could the 13th pick they would have taken. At least with Revis you KNOW what you have when healthy.

Yes, but the point is Revis is just coming off the type of major injury that significantly increases his chances of re-injury.

No it doesn't.  The extent of the ACL damage was NOT that significant according to what I have read. Re-injury, dues to the past injury, would be due to a similar type of hit - which was rare, to say the least.

But that's not the point, nor the most important TWO aspects which I think have to be acknowledged, have been put on the table...

Its like this Bucs fans...  You could have picked up a Dee Milliner (or player X defensive back of your choice - THIS draft of course) at the 13th selection, and then... Prayed like HELL his game would translate well to the NFL level required.

OR.......  Remove all doubt, in terms of NFL skill level, and bring in the games BEST friggin DB on the market...!  Whether or Revis has healed, and can perform at (or even 85%) of his previous level, is the ONLY risk - IF you can even call acquiring the BEST player at such a critical position in todays NFL, a risk?

ZERO guaranteed moolah is incredible, and basically makes Revis expendable the minute he cant play at an elite level.  Such a friggin coup!

For those thank disapprove of this deal, do you think the 13th pick (whoever the hell it is) of this years draft will ever have these amongst their credentials:

4× Pro Bowl (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
3× All-Pro (2009, 2010, 2011)
AFC Defensive Player of the Year (2009)
AFC Interception Return yards leader (2011)
Ranked #5 in the Top 100 Players of 2012
Ranked #8 in the Top 100 Players of 2011
College awards and honors

Tell me the last player in Buccaneers history to have this many accolades (and the guy IS only 28 years old...!)

SOFA KING...!    Sofa king stoked we got Revis!

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #36 : April 21, 2013, 10:41:52 PM »

^^^ Awesome

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

« #37 : April 22, 2013, 03:01:34 AM »

Adrian Peterson's injury was worse than Revis's and he came back and almost broke Eric **CENSORED**erson rushing record..   

I also agree he has motive to come back at an elite level.. Stick it to the Jets and that Seattle Seahawk player that was trashing him.. 

The fact that he is playing with no guaranteed money is a huge deal as well..
« : April 22, 2013, 08:06:20 AM ToddyBuc »

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #38 : April 22, 2013, 03:17:25 AM »

MARK DOMINANT.

THE GM OF THE FUTURE!

Yes, i said it!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #39 : April 22, 2013, 06:29:16 AM »

MARK DOMINANT.

THE GM OF THE FUTURE!

Yes, i said it!

Good thing he had Dr Benny Hill, orthopod, to check out Revis knee.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #40 : April 22, 2013, 06:32:08 AM »

I love this deal. Great time to be a Bucs fan. In OUR sense we basically traded a 3rd rounder for Revis, we were gonna use the 13 on a CB anyways. To get one of the best, if not the best CB in football is awesome. Trades like these almost never happen in the NFL. Can't wait till Week 1 now. Eric Wright is gonna have his work cut out for him now.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #41 : April 22, 2013, 06:34:18 AM »

I think the biggest plus in the deal is that the money isn't guaranteed - that the Bucs can walk away from the deal if needed.

flaitguy

Starter
« #42 : April 22, 2013, 06:45:11 AM »

Right and #13 picks , many time do not work out or are mediocre. Another plus here is that in Revis position, you dont need to have gelled with the team so much. Your responsible for taking out one receiver.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #43 : April 22, 2013, 07:31:02 AM »

That's pretty lame to blame him for what two head coaches and a whole team of players couldn't do.

He picks the players, no?

Also, the guy gets the glazers to open their wallets, which is a negotiation initself.
Like for Winslow, Ward, Clayton, Black, Trueblood and Ryan freaking Sims?

I seriously doubt one bit that you, or most of the GM's in the league could do much better even on that level alone, let alone sign arguably the three best FA's the bucs have ever had in less than two years. Being a jackwagon armchair GM is one thing, but to actually manage a muti million dollar business like that, is a completely different monster.

Doesn't take a genius to throw top money at the biggest names on the Free Agent market, which is his claim to fame on here. But everyone forgets he offered Haynesworth $100M+  with $30M guaranteed.

Nicks only played 7 games, Goldson hasn't even played but yet you crown them better than Simeon Rice, Hardy Nickerson and Brad Johnson?  Where are the successful mid-tier free agents? Where are the successful mid-round picks, other than the guy who fell in the draft because he quit the team and has had some issues here (Mike Williams). That takes more skill than signing pro-bowl free agents.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #44 : April 22, 2013, 07:40:22 AM »

MARK DOMINANT.

THE GM OF THE FUTURE!

Yes, i said it!

I like it. No longer is he Mark Dummynik . He is Mark Dominant . LOL

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Props to Mark Dominik « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools