Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

pljlsplltt

Second String

#45 : April 23, 2013, 01:01:22 PM

Another DE I wouldn't mind moving up for is Datone Jones, I think he's gonna be a good one. Can backup our ends than move to DT on passing downs, he looked really good at the Senior Bowl and will probably be chosen toward the end of round 1.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#46 : April 23, 2013, 04:25:57 PM

With $16M/year tied up at CB in Revis, we can'r afford another highly paid CB, so I think we try to draft Wright's replacement in the 2nd round. We'll probably draft several CBs throughout the draft, because honestly we have to find cheap options that are valid starters. Otherwise we'll be in trouble next year.

Draft Aaron Donald

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 23, 2013, 04:37:57 PM

With $16M/year tied up at CB in Revis, we can'r afford another highly paid CB, so I think we try to draft Wright's replacement in the 2nd round. We'll probably draft several CBs throughout the draft, because honestly we have to find cheap options that are valid starters. Otherwise we'll be in trouble next year.

I dont think the trouble is the secondary anymore. Revis, Goldson, Barron, Wright and the last years newbies in their 2nd year is more than solid. If we want them to have 0 question marks what so ever for short term and long term then yes, we'll need potential starters from this draft. Bigger focus should be pass rush. I imagine with our first pick its one of these scenarios on their minds. A)we need to shore up the Dline. B)we need to lock this secondary completely down with studs. 2 days until we know

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#48 : April 23, 2013, 04:48:20 PM

Well if we don't draft a good CB this year, we'll be right back to drafting a rookie CB to start opposite Revis next year. Makes sense to do it now.

Draft Aaron Donald

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#49 : April 23, 2013, 04:53:18 PM

Well if we don't draft a good CB this year, we'll be right back to drafting a rookie CB to start opposite Revis next year. Makes sense to do it now.

Definately, thinking there might be that run on CB's early in the 2nd so might be a decent idea to use a 4th and get to the front of day 2 when we know what's left after the 1st round.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#50 : April 23, 2013, 04:54:48 PM

Yeah, I think the 2nd round is going to be huge for CBs, RBs, and QBs.

Draft Aaron Donald

STULAAKE

Hall of Famer

#51 : April 23, 2013, 04:58:16 PM

According to Dominik this draft is "thick" with CBs...do we know what next year's draft thickness is like for CBs?

You must be accountable for your actions!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#52 : April 23, 2013, 06:49:54 PM

The problem is that it would take our 2nd and 3rd t to get into the 1st round.

Our 2nd and both 4th rounders would get us the 33rd pick in the draft.

Check out this cool trade value chart. When you enter the team it highlights all of the picks in the draft with values.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=TB

Chart isnt as accurate anymore. The value of the higher picks has gone down some due to the new salary structures. Its still a good barometer, but based off of last year its a little chaeper to move up (outside of the first 5 picks).

Yea, we really didn't even give up a pick to move up into the 1st to grab Martin, but just flipped picks in 2 rounds. I would say that there are quite a few trades that don't use the value system to the T.

We didn't move that many spots up for Martin. We swapped picks with them giving them value. The last pick in the 2nd is worth half of the 1st pick in the 2nd, so you did give up value to get Martin last year.

This value chart is the revised version that teams base their trades off of. Depending on the situation you may pay more or less. I just cringe when I see posts that suppose we will trade away our 4th rounder to move into the 1st when both 4th rounders would not even get us to no.32.

Nobody should propose a trade without at least seeing if it is in the ballpark.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

ErnieBuc

Rookie

#53 : April 23, 2013, 07:01:23 PM

If we're moving up, I'm good with any of the FSU guys (Werner, Carradine, Menelik Watson, Rhodes).

Personally, I think we could stand pat with all of our picks, and still come away with 2-3 starters, and solid depth. 
I tend to like the aggressive style that Dom applies at the draft, so I'll probably be on board with whatever he chooses to do, as long as it's not picking Hunt in the 1st round.

CaliBucsFan

Second String

#54 : April 23, 2013, 07:04:48 PM

Another DE I wouldn't mind moving up for is Datone Jones, I think he's gonna be a good one. Can backup our ends than move to DT on passing downs, he looked really good at the Senior Bowl and will probably be chosen toward the end of round 1.

Coming from the LA area I can say that Datone can play, the problem in college for him was staying healthy. Jones was utilized exactly that way effectively at UCLA.  He would be ideal because Jones could play upwards of 60% of snaps as a backup end and pass rushing dt in nickel and dime for the Bucs.

Mike Evans in the first and Sua-Filo in the second.

swamp_bats

Starter
#55 : April 23, 2013, 07:36:05 PM

saw on ESPN that Bucs are expected to try very hard to trade back into first round.
Really hope it is for Zach Ertz or a really good WR like Keenan Allen, Robert Woods or the Clemson kid. Bjorn Werner would be nice too.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#56 : April 23, 2013, 07:41:28 PM

The Bucs aren't going to trade up to draft a WR.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#57 : April 23, 2013, 07:44:07 PM

Nor a TE.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

swamp_bats

Starter
#58 : April 23, 2013, 07:47:37 PM

The Bucs aren't going to trade up to draft a WR.
Well we were rumored to be looking at Tavon if we didn't make the trade. The Giants style offense is run largely thru the slot position and we need a good slot receiver. I don't care how many trash pile receivers we signed this offseason we still need an upgrade there.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#59 : April 23, 2013, 07:51:20 PM

I sure hope not
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools