Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

CaliBucsFan

Second String
: April 22, 2013, 02:22:42 PM

With the Revis deal in the bag, I think Mark Dominik could be looking to move back into the first round.  MD always talks about how much he values the extra year on the contract attached to first rounders so you know hes interested.  We've still got the extra 4th so we have ammo.  Who do you all think might be there in the late 1st worth that would be worth the move up?  Me, I would jump at a chance for CB Desmond Trufant, CB DJ Hayden or DE Bjoern Werner

\\\"Im not afraid of anyone. They put their pants on just like I put my pants on.

-Kadeem Edwards

BucsGlory

Second String

#1 : April 22, 2013, 02:26:35 PM

For Hayden or Werner I'd be behind that as long as we dont give up too much if its a 2nd and 4th to get that late 1st for one of those guys then i think its worth it.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 22, 2013, 02:27:08 PM

I've said it before, New England is a prime target. They want to recoup picks. I think they only have 4.

Slipping in front of Atlanta and taking their player would make me happy.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#3 : April 22, 2013, 02:29:02 PM

I've said it before, New England is a prime target. They want to recoup picks. I think they only have 4.

I like the way you think.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 22, 2013, 02:32:48 PM

With the Revis deal in the bag, I think Mark Dominik could be looking to move back into the first round.  MD always talks about how much he values the extra year on the contract attached to first rounders so you know hes interested.  We've still got the extra 4th so we have ammo.  Who do you all think might be there in the late 1st worth that would be worth the move up?  Me, I would jump at a chance for CB Desmond Trufant, CB DJ Hayden or DE Bjoern Werner
Its possible Dom tries to do that. I really don't think Werner is anywhere near the end of the first, despite his slide in mock drafts. As for corners, I think Trufant is good but overrated. Hayden and Taylor are much more complete football players. Now that we have Revis I think the 3 corners that would work the best with us would be Milliner, Rhodes, and Taylor. Milliner and Rhodes our out of the question but perhaps not Taylor. Taylor is the most physical CB in the draft, he plays like he wants to kill you and is like adding an additional LB when the other team is running the ball or throwing short. That is something Trufant doesn't bring to the table. He also has the speed to keep up with the go route. Trufant can cover the deep ball which is a good strength to have but I'd rather add Taylor's skill set to the Revis backfield.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 22, 2013, 02:38:42 PM

I would rather trade back  in the second round Get Poyer and Alex Okafor/Margus Hunt.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 22, 2013, 02:40:44 PM

Any trade should be to target a specific guy who would be considered (and becomes) a starter no later than mid-season 2013...  I don't care what the name or position is...

MD has had success (at least recently) with that approach.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 22, 2013, 02:48:46 PM

would rather stay put and keep our picks but wouldnt mind sticking it to the falcons. i think those idiots are going to trade up though because they think theyre only a player away from the superbowl when they absolutly arent

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#8 : April 22, 2013, 02:49:23 PM

Werner would be great

CaliBucsFan

Second String
#9 : April 22, 2013, 03:04:19 PM

Any trade should be to target a specific guy who would be considered (and becomes) a starter no later than mid-season 2013...  I don't care what the name or position is...

MD has had success (at least recently) with that approach.

I agree with you.  Who would you target?

\\\"Im not afraid of anyone. They put their pants on just like I put my pants on.

-Kadeem Edwards

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 22, 2013, 03:06:04 PM

If they're trading back into the first, it better be for someone who rushes the QB....will the Bucs continue to be aggressive and go after "their guys" or sit tight and draft for depth? I personally think they should go after impact guys because let's face it...they guys that played last season as starters in the secondary can essentially be the depth guys now with a season under their belts in this system...I think they need a Ziggy or 2 to really get this defence popping.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 22, 2013, 03:28:34 PM

If they're trading back into the first, it better be for someone who rushes the QB....will the Bucs continue to be aggressive and go after "their guys" or sit tight and draft for depth? I personally think they should go after impact guys because let's face it...they guys that played last season as starters in the secondary can essentially be the depth guys now with a season under their belts in this system...I think they need a Ziggy or 2 to really get this defence popping.

Well Werner is the best DE in the draft, maybe he'll be within striking distance.

El Diablo

Starter

#12 : April 22, 2013, 03:35:18 PM

Do you think a second and fourth gets us a top 20 pick?  If so it would be worth it to grab a guy like Werner. I love this kids game and think it would help attendence too getting a white boy for our plant city and polk county fans.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 22, 2013, 03:36:36 PM

I like the way you think.

I'm a Rock Star Wannabe GM.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 22, 2013, 03:41:08 PM

Werner would be great

My ? In going to get Werner is who does he replace? Is Clayborn not 100%? Does he simply fit into the rotation on the DL
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools