Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#30 : April 23, 2013, 10:40:44 AM

Saw a tweet by the commish or holder saying the bucs were interested in getting back into the 1st round. Only reslasonably priced picks are going to be in the 30s....maybe late 20s.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#31 : April 23, 2013, 10:55:41 AM

I like it. Low twenties is where AI expect us to start making calls.

I'm not sold on The German DE from FSU. I'd like Banks, Taylor or Trufant if we go CB. Or Jarvis Jones if we go LB. A RT, stud TE or monster NT wouldn't be bad IMO, either.

The quest for .500 begins...

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#32 : April 23, 2013, 10:58:28 AM

I imagine it would be for Werner, Taylor, Eifert, Hunt, or Jarvis Jones. Maybe Trufant but I kinda hope not.  I hope they try for Jamar Taylor or Jarvis Jones.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#33 : April 23, 2013, 11:05:20 AM

anyone doubting Werner's ability needs to stop listening to the talking heads on TV. he was a top 5 pick until everyone decided he isnt impressive at the combine, kinda like jarvis jones. dont look at workouts, look at production on field. anyone can look good in shorts and a tv shirt. idiot groupthink will push guys like werner and jones down and the hype machine will push guys like ansah up.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#34 : April 23, 2013, 11:05:21 AM

Hayden or Carradine would be worth it....can't think of anyone else that might be there that would be worth it.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#35 : April 23, 2013, 11:14:05 AM

I get that some may think we will go DE, and try to follow the NYGiants model of stock piling edge rushers, but I think we would be better off getting a TE, CB, NT, or SLB...IF we traded back into the bottom of the first.

The quest for .500 begins...

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 23, 2013, 11:15:24 AM

The problem is that it would take our 2nd and 3rd t to get into the 1st round.

Our 2nd and both 4th rounders would get us the 33rd pick in the draft.

Check out this cool trade value chart. When you enter the team it highlights all of the picks in the draft with values.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=TB

Chart isnt as accurate anymore. The value of the higher picks has gone down some due to the new salary structures. Its still a good barometer, but based off of last year its a little chaeper to move up (outside of the first 5 picks).

Yea, we really didn't even give up a pick to move up into the 1st to grab Martin, but just flipped picks in 2 rounds. I would say that there are quite a few trades that don't use the value system to the T.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#37 : April 23, 2013, 11:19:21 AM

As long as they don't trade up for Margus Hunt, I'd be OK with it.  I'm praying Jarvis Jones somehow tumbles, and we are able to snatch him up.  Otherwise Taylor, Werner, Tank Carradine, or Datone Jones would be acceptable to target in a trade up.  Another player I'd like to add, even though it wouldn't come at a position of great need would be Arthur Brown.  I think he's going to be a special LB, and could be a 3 down MLB moving Foster to SAM.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : April 23, 2013, 11:22:00 AM

As long as they don't trade up for Margus Hunt, I'd be OK with it.  I'm praying Jarvis Jones somehow tumbles, and we are able to snatch him up.  Otherwise Taylor, Werner, Tank Carradine, or Datone Jones would be acceptable to target in a trade up.  Another player I'd like to add, even though it wouldn't come at a position of great need would be Arthur Brown.  I think he's going to be a special LB, and could be a 3 down MLB moving Foster to SAM.

To the bold...

+Ten Million. So many better players will be available. Let someone else make that mistake.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 23, 2013, 11:34:35 AM

I would definitely get behind a trade back up for Jones...

Would not hurt my feelings at all.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#40 : April 23, 2013, 11:46:57 AM

I wonder who they will target. They need to continue to be aggressive. Thats the direction they are going.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#41 : April 23, 2013, 12:08:30 PM

That's the $64m question....

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#42 : April 23, 2013, 12:20:54 PM

Banks is the only CB I'd trade up for. He's a guy that has more upside as a #1 than most guys that are projected to fall(Taylor, Hayden, and possibly Trufant) Every other player I can sit here and wait for....Banks would be a #2 on this team but in reality would really be a potential #1 on most teams. You aren't going to find guys 6'2 that run like him(omit his 40 just a sec.) I'm speaking on his fluidity as a CB in and out of his breaks. With his KR/PR abilities to boot. He is going to be great value, hopefully, we make that move to get him.

Ka'wann Short vs Sheldon Richardson tbh isn't that big of a difference in talent drop off. So I'd say if can't get Banks, we might as well just sit where we're at unless a top DE slips up. I'm not a fan of Werner but I do think highly of Jarvis Jones and Tank Carradine.

: April 23, 2013, 12:28:45 PM Detrimental

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 23, 2013, 12:30:45 PM

If Jarvis Jones doesn't fall far enough for the Bucs to make a move up for him, then I'd be happy to settle for Jamie Collins in the 2nd round. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#44 : April 23, 2013, 12:36:05 PM

Hopefully for some defense/pass rush. They need it badly.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools