Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 23, 2013, 08:56:13 PM

The problem is that it would take our 2nd and 3rd t to get into the 1st round.

Our 2nd and both 4th rounders would get us the 33rd pick in the draft.

Check out this cool trade value chart. When you enter the team it highlights all of the picks in the draft with values.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=TB

Charts don't matter when you got 2 minutes to make a decision and Dom says take it or leave it.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 23, 2013, 09:02:25 PM

The Bucs aren't going to trade up to draft a WR.
Well we were rumored to be looking at Tavon if we didn't make the trade. The Giants style offense is run largely thru the slot position and we need a good slot receiver. I don't care how many trash pile receivers we signed this offseason we still need an upgrade there.
The only thing is Kennan Allen and that "Clemson kid "DeAndre Hopkins are better suited as outside receivers.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#62 : April 23, 2013, 09:36:28 PM

Well we were rumored to be looking at Tavon if we didn't make the trade. The Giants style offense is run largely thru the slot position and we need a good slot receiver. I don't care how many trash pile receivers we signed this offseason we still need an upgrade there.
The only thing is Kennan Allen and that "Clemson kid "DeAndre Hopkins are better suited as outside receivers.

Also add in the fact that the bucs move their guys around, is not worth a mess of picks to select a wr in the first with several vets and 2 good wrs. Vj and williams lined up in the slot several times. Bucs seem to like guys who can play every role and picked up several vets with possible upside. Theres no way they invest a high pick on wr.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 23, 2013, 09:39:30 PM

Bucs are going defense with the pick. Its going to be a de, dt, lb, or cb. Only other option might be a te or t depending on whats left on the board. Even ty en I think they would have to rate a decent amount above a guy at one of those defensive spots for the bucs to consider it.

Lb, a dt, and pass rusher are the only positions that havent been addressed. You could argue casillas, but I think hes depth.

I think they take a pass rusher to cover their butts on the possiblility of clayborn not being 100%. Maybe even go after freeny after the draft if hes willing to be a 3rd down rusher. Bottom line is they still need more to get to the qb and could try to shore up a few other spots as well long before wr or te.
: April 23, 2013, 09:44:39 PM tatmanfish

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#64 : April 23, 2013, 09:47:32 PM

It's going to be more Defense.   DL,LB,CB is most likely the target.   I'd guess that's the order ...  buthellifiknow who the target is...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
#65 : April 23, 2013, 09:58:11 PM

Would love if they go defense with the first pick, whatever round it it.

The quest for .500 begins...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 23, 2013, 10:09:28 PM

I also think they may target an elite special teams type of player early to help out Wannstedt . 

Anyone know what kind of ST flavor he leans toward?  Aggressive?  Must have type players?

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

spurzo

Second String

#67 : April 23, 2013, 10:20:16 PM

We need all the picks we can get, no point in trading back up.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#68 : April 24, 2013, 11:30:03 AM

Dom will trade up. Carradine, Hayden, Jones, Trufant.

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#69 : April 24, 2013, 11:31:21 AM

Except the guys you listed aren't slot receivers. We wasted our chance to get Austin, so hopefully we get to draft Bailey later

TomRiddle

Starter

#70 : April 24, 2013, 11:36:17 AM

Word on the streets is Dom will be trading up this draft, and more than once.

O-Ren Ishii:As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. If you\\\\\\\'re unconvinced that a particular plan of action I\\\\\\\'ve decided is the wisest, tell me so, but allow me to convince you and I promise you right here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except, of course, the subject that was just under discussion. The price you pay for bringing up either my Chinese or American heritage as a negative is... I collect your fu@king head. Just like this fu#ker here. Now, if any of you sons of biatches got anything else to say

swamp_bats

Starter
#71 : April 24, 2013, 01:21:46 PM

Except the guys you listed aren't slot receivers. We wasted our chance to get Austin, so hopefully we get to draft Bailey later
You guys know slot receivers aren't only white dudes and smurfs right? Anquan Boldin is slow as mud and he plays out of the slot, remember Joe Jurevicious? Victor Cruz is another good example. We need a better option from slot than the old tired vets we signed in FA or at least a TE or something to be a 3rd receiving option. Don't forget this is a points first offensive league these days, just cause we got Revis doesn't mean we are gonna hold the Saints and Falcons to 18 points every game. Atlanta may go out and get Eifert which gives them Julio, Roddy, Tony and Tyler not to mention Steven jackson to catch passes. The Saints have even been mocked a few times to look at Tavon or Cordarelle. V-Jax and Mike Will are great but you need a deeper offense than 2 good starters and a running back. In our division even with Revis and the revamped secondary expect to win games that are 31-28 or 42-35. Plus the more division games we win, the more likely we are to make playoffs so keep stacking the offense with play makers so we can take advantage of the Saints, Falcons and Panthers mediocre secondaries.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#72 : April 24, 2013, 01:24:12 PM

Quote from: bucs4eva
Dom will trade up. Carradine, Hayden, Jones, Trufant.

Been hearing Hayden in round 1 a lot more now? Is this is a consensus thing? There was concern he'd even be drafted a month ago. The draft has good depth at corner, I'm cool with waiting our turn or trading down to get more picks.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#73 : April 24, 2013, 01:30:43 PM

I have the feeling that Ogletree and Smith were brought in with the possibility of being a slight upgrade over kid-n-play...but are essentially stop gap players. I honestly think that they address WR next year when they feel they have a lot of the defensive holes plugged.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#74 : April 24, 2013, 01:40:15 PM

I have the feeling that Ogletree and Smith were brought in with the possibility of being a slight upgrade over kid-n-play...but are essentially stop gap players. I honestly think that they address WR next year when they feel they have a lot of the defensive holes plugged.

they are all guys that have potential, and they are all guys capable of grasping this system. Its not like these guys are has beens....you might be able to say never was, but all have shown something at some point wether it be behind a lot of other guys or injury. If they don't end up improving, they are still likely better than Underwood and add needed depth.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Trading back into the first round? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools