Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik refuse to overpay Cody Grimm « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

The Freeman

Starter

: April 22, 2013, 11:30:58 PM

Cody Grimm - DB - Buccaneers

Bucs S Cody Grimm agreed to a $500,000 salary slash to keep his roster spot in Tampa Bay.
The Bucs have loads of cap space, but GM Mark Dominik is smartly still keeping tabs on every small detail, refusing to overpay even for bottom-of-the-roster players. Grimm was owed $1.2 million and slashed his salary to $500,000. A 12-game starter his first two seasons in the league, Grimm is now entrenched as a backup and special teamer. He'll compete to keep his roster spot in camp.
Source: ESPN.com
Apr 22 - 9:49 PM

rotoworld.com

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 22, 2013, 11:37:32 PM

Can't have a team full of high rollers now can we? Lol

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 23, 2013, 12:17:09 AM

I had such high hopes for this kid before his injury. I still think his intangibles could lead to him being good depth.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 23, 2013, 12:23:20 AM

I had such high hopes for this kid before his injury. I still think his intangibles could lead to him being good depth.

Agree 100%. Dam Aqib, had he not rolled his leg I think Grimm could have been the difference in us making the playoffs in 10'.  Grimm did seem cursed for freakish injuries those first 2 years; will be interesting to see if he makes the roster this year. He is a guy I'm really pulling for.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#4 : April 23, 2013, 12:23:55 AM

love Cody still, 700K to be a 3rd sting safety isn't bad. Glad he's still with the team

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 23, 2013, 12:28:19 AM

As did I...   Thought he was our next Johnny Boy.  Honestly, I think the guy is good depth, and a solid STer, but he is just lacking that little bit of speed he needed to be great.  Gutsy kid who is not afraid to put his nose in there and get nasty...  (Sit down Cheerios...)

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 23, 2013, 12:50:08 AM

The Bucs are going big at S. I wouldn't be surprised if Grimm and Black days are numbered.

I'd love to get a guy like TJ McDonald in the 4th as a backup to Goldson and Barron. Too bad we already have too much committed to the position. Can't really justify picking a S this year.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 23, 2013, 01:46:48 AM

I think he would be solid depth for a game or two.

BucsFTW

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 23, 2013, 02:03:15 AM

The Bucs are going big at S. I wouldn't be surprised if Grimm and Black days are numbered.

I'd love to get a guy like TJ McDonald in the 4th as a backup to Goldson and Barron. Too bad we already have too much committed to the position. Can't really justify picking a S this year.

Agreed on both Grimm (related?) and Black...

Dump both of them and you can justify a S that drops and is high on your board.  BPA versus drafting for need, will mean a lot with our last 4 picks IMO.

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#9 : April 23, 2013, 08:15:23 AM

Grimm gets hurt in the line of duty and Dominik cuts his salary for it.   Seems fair.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#10 : April 23, 2013, 08:17:31 AM

Grimm and Black will be fighting for a spot. Black will probably make it over him, which sucks really liked Grimm.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 23, 2013, 08:20:55 AM

Grimm gets hurt in the line of duty and Dominik cuts his salary for it.   Seems fair.

You must be a democrat my friend. NFL isn't about "Fair" and if you think it is, you are severely mistaken. It's about can you be replaced by someone better or cheaper.

Dom is obeying the golden rule of finance which most of the US has completely forgotten or never knew about, just because you can afford to, doesn't mean you should. Save in times of surplus those days WILL disappear and you'll be glad you saved the extra during crunch time.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 23, 2013, 08:22:47 AM

Honestly, I didn't know overpaying Grimm was an option.

Dom is going to have to scrimp for awhile to make sure we're cap happy going forward, so this is a good thing.

Now, on to restructuring Wright's sorry ass again and cutting Myron.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 23, 2013, 08:25:56 AM

It's a business. Regardless of his injury, Grimm is a third string safety. You can't pay a 3rd stringer $1.2mil. Can't do it. And I'm a VT Hokie fan. I'd love to see Grimm succeed. But his days as a starter, and probably even as a backup, in TB are over.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 23, 2013, 08:33:05 AM

You must be a democrat my friend. NFL isn't about "Fair" and if you think it is, you are severely mistaken. It's about can you be replaced by someone better or cheaper.

Dom is obeying the golden rule of finance which most of the US has completely forgotten or never knew about, just because you can afford to, doesn't mean you should. Save in times of surplus those days WILL disappear and you'll be glad you saved the extra during crunch time.
  Good comment!!  Saving pennies over a period of time lets you spend dollars when there's something available WORTH those dollars! Glad to hear we're keeping him, which must mean he's recovering well.
I think of Grimm as a b/u SS and STer, and Ahmad Black as a b/u FS. I think Ronde's gonna be strictly a nickel corner this season...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mark Dominik refuse to overpay Cody Grimm « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools