Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2013 7-ROUND BUCS MOCK DRAFT 3.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#30 : April 23, 2013, 01:18:29 PM

I find it hard to fathom that the Bucs would wait to add another CB until the 6th round. Wright is on a 1 year prove it deal. Until Revis knee tests out in 100% game condition then a CB in the 2nd or 3rd round might be a wise organizational decision.

#31 : April 23, 2013, 01:38:26 PM

Why move up to get Hunt?

He's raw but I think he'll learn quick, he's a Buccaneer man, but Minter or Hayden would be safer picks. Good place for a NT that might drop but I still like Brandon Williams in the 3rd.

No more late round project TEs please.

I really hope the Bucs don't turn into Big East/ Rutgers "South".

#32 : April 23, 2013, 02:17:09 PM

Ohh, and no guys named Christine.

I don't care how you pronounce it, too many question marks with this prospect.

big_JLB

Starter

#33 : April 23, 2013, 07:08:26 PM

if they're going to piss away a 3rd rounder on an OLB hoping to improve the pass rush at least give me cory lemonier. both met with the team IIRC. moore may be better in coverage but lemonier will knock you the f*ck out
funny you should mention him since he was a guy I was planning to bring up for discussion.  Seems like we both like the same prospects (ie: Steve Williams).

steve williams is going to be a steal. kid is fearless

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#34 : April 23, 2013, 08:53:09 PM

That mock is awful.  Remote at TV awful.  Who the hell wants a 26 year old DE that couldn't put up stats against the dregs of college football.  He'll be older than most of the guys on the team, and he's a project.

Sam is the least damn important position on defense and the 1st to come off in nickel. If we take one in the 3rd he'd better be exceptional.  It would be nice to have another quality OLB incase David is injured, but acquiring him here wouldn't be my preference. 

gone

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 23, 2013, 09:39:26 PM

Please stop
Also think taking a SLB in the third round is a waste. It's a 2-down position for the most part

Speaking of "please stop", please stop with the "well the sam always comes off on passing plays" stuff.  If we got a guy who is better than foster in coverage or pass rush, do you really think he'd come off the field just because hes the sam? 

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#36 : April 23, 2013, 09:59:41 PM

This mock draft is awesome.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 23, 2013, 10:29:10 PM

Please stop
Also think taking a SLB in the third round is a waste. It's a 2-down position for the most part

Speaking of "please stop", please stop with the "well the sam always comes off on passing plays" stuff.  If we got a guy who is better than foster in coverage or pass rush, do you really think he'd come off the field just because hes the sam?
You do realize Mason Foster was actually pretty good in coverage this year, while David was horrid?

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : April 23, 2013, 11:02:35 PM

Please stop

You do realize Mason Foster was actually pretty good in coverage this year, while David was horrid?

Then take David off.  The point remains the same, it's not the position, it's the player.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : April 23, 2013, 11:16:01 PM

Please stop

This isn't true. They both were not very good....especially in the red zone.

LVD - 79.2 completion % against, 5 TDs allowed, 8 yards per catch, 1 int, 3 pass deflections
Foster - 77.8 completion % against, 2 TDs allowed, 8.2 yards per catch, 1 int, 1 pass deflection.

Sure, the TD number for Foster is lower, but you also have to consider that Foster was only targeted 36 times, while David was targeted 77 times. So Foster's TDs allowed % when targeted was 5.55% while David's was 6.49%

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#40 : April 23, 2013, 11:22:29 PM

Wow.  You are like the Bill James of the NFL Chace..

Buc45

Starter

#41 : April 23, 2013, 11:29:27 PM

Sio is a incredible blitzer...We need that desperately.  I like this Mock actually...though I would have preferred a TE or WR with our second 4th round pick.  People keep complaining about lack of production (8 sacks) from Hunt.  Do you know how many sacks Ansah had?  Dion Jordan?  Mingo?   There are no sure things this year when it comes to pass rushers  (except for Jarvis Jones).  This year is seems to be all about measurables and potential...  Also, don't discount the special teams impact Hunt would make... That's taking points off the board, man...I don't want to trade up for him as I think he will be there when we pick but I think he would be a very good selection.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#42 : April 24, 2013, 09:31:04 AM

The mock is very good because it is realistic.

Margus Hunt has the size to develop into an NFL starter, and in the meantime he will be a special teams ace.

Sio Moore is the type of SAM they hoped QB would be when he was drafted. I think he is a bit more vicious as an edge rusher which is why I like this pick the most.  If he was a typical SAM LB that didn't have coverage ability or a poor blitzer then yes it would be  wasted pick on a 2 down player.  I see Sio though as a three down player so using a third is reasonable.  When the Bucs used a third on QB they had two capable nickel LB's on the roster, so it didn't make sense to burn a third.

Michael is the type of low risk/high reward guy Dom likes to go with in the 4th round. 

Painter is a project and Dom has a history of looking at projects at OL.

Davisand Anthony seem like the type of CBs that Schiano's staff covets.

Jefferson is the type of project TE you like late at this point in the draft.

Overall this is a well though out mock and if this is how it goes down on draft day I wouldn't be upset.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#43 : April 24, 2013, 09:38:28 AM

The mock is very good because it is realistic.

Margus Hunt has the size to develop into an NFL starter, and in the meantime he will be a special teams ace.

Sio Moore is the type of SAM they hoped QB would be when he was drafted. I think he is a bit more vicious as an edge rusher which is why I like this pick the most.  If he was a typical SAM LB that didn't have coverage ability or a poor blitzer then yes it would be  wasted pick on a 2 down player.  I see Sio though as a three down player so using a third is reasonable.  When the Bucs used a third on QB they had two capable nickel LB's on the roster, so it didn't make sense to burn a third.

Michael is the type of low risk/high reward guy Dom likes to go with in the 4th round. 

Painter is a project and Dom has a history of looking at projects at OL.

Davisand Anthony seem like the type of CBs that Schiano's staff covets.

Jefferson is the type of project TE you like late at this point in the draft.

Overall this is a well though out mock and if this is how it goes down on draft day I wouldn't be upset.

Im guessing you were a straight C average student in school because you apparently love average and  this is a very very average draft. nothing really good about it but it doesnt warrant an F either. underwhelming is the word id use

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#44 : April 24, 2013, 09:45:01 AM

Without a 1st rounder we probably aren't looking at a "a" draft.  Maybe 1 starter and some contributors and depth. 

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2013 7-ROUND BUCS MOCK DRAFT 3.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools