Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2013 7-ROUND BUCS MOCK DRAFT 3.0 « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

youngone

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 24, 2013, 01:54:29 PM

I think PR is projecting who they think the Bucs will actually draft and not necessarily who PR would like to see us draft.

Based on who we have had visits with and reportedly shown interest in, I don't have high hopes for this draft.

You never know. Up until the 31st pick rolled around last year, I didn't have great feeling about the draft...then Dom pulls a Houdini and gets two more studs with our next 2 picks to go with the stud safety out of Bama we already had selected.
I agree 150% bro.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#61 : April 24, 2013, 02:02:50 PM

I think PR is projecting who they think the Bucs will actually draft and not necessarily who PR would like to see us draft.

Based on who we have had visits with and reportedly shown interest in, I don't have high hopes for this draft.

You never know. Up until the 31st pick rolled around last year, I didn't have great feeling about the draft...then Dom pulls a Houdini and gets two studs with our next 2 picks to go with the safety out of Bama who ended up just being average, but who we all hope improves.
I agree 150% bro.

Bout time you came around.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#62 : April 24, 2013, 02:18:53 PM

We had shown interest in Martin and David though. Had meetings with them both. I look at the list of meetings and interest this year, and I am prepared to be underwhelmed.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#63 : April 24, 2013, 02:20:44 PM

Make the best mock you can, only using players from the list of visits/interest shown....

Kiko Alonso, LB, Oregon (PRO)
Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin (PRI)
Justin Bell, DB, Eastern Kentucky (PRI)
Le'Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State (PRI)
Mike Catapano, DL, Princeton (INT)
Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State (PRO)
D.J. Fluker, OL, Alabama (PRI)
William Gholston, DL, Michigan State (PRI)
Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas (SR#)
Margus Hunt, DL, SMU (SR%)
Lane Johnson, OL, Oklahoma (INT)
Orhian Johnson, DB, Ohio State (PRI)
Dion Jordan, DL, Oregon (PRI)
Lindsey Lamar, RB, South Florida (PRO)
Corey Lemonier, DL, Auburn (PRI)
Tyrann Mathieu%, DB, LSU (PRI) (COM)
Vance McDonald, TE, Rice (SR)
Brendan Melanophy, DB, Fordham (PRO)
Christine Michael%, RB, Texas A&M (PRI) (INT)
Dee Milliner, DB, Alabama (PRI)
Sio Moore, LB, Connecticut (PRI)
Vinston Painter, OL, Virginia Tech (PRI)
Keith Pough, LB, Howard (INT)
David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose State (SR#)
Kyle Quinn, OL, Arizona (INT)
J.C. Tretter, OL, Cornell (SR#)
Desmond Trufant, DB, Washington (SR#)
Cornelius Washington, DL, Georgia (PRI)
Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR#)
Blidi Wreh-Wilson, DB, Connecticut (PRI)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#64 : April 24, 2013, 02:23:13 PM

Best I could do.....

2nd - Corey Lemonier
3rd - Gavin Escobar
4th - Tyrann Mathieu
4th -
5th - Mike Catapano
6th -
6th -
: April 24, 2013, 02:24:55 PM JDouble

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
#65 : April 24, 2013, 02:54:25 PM

JDub I gotta ask is that because they didn't interview/workout guys you approve of? Why so down on visits and interviews?

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

youngone

Hall of Famer

#66 : April 24, 2013, 02:56:33 PM

You never know. Up until the 31st pick rolled around last year, I didn't have great feeling about the draft...then Dom pulls a Houdini and gets two studs with our next 2 picks to go with the safety out of Bama who ended up just being average, but who we all hope improves.
I agree 150% bro.

Lol I'm there

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#67 : April 24, 2013, 02:59:28 PM

I agree 150% bro.

Lol I'm there, bro. Barron must improve.

Good. ;)

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#68 : April 24, 2013, 03:00:55 PM

JDub I gotta ask is that because they didn't interview/workout guys you approve of? Why so down on visits and interviews?

There are few guys I like on the list, most are "meh" to me, and there are several that I truly dislike. So yeah. I'm just afraid that it's going to be another Goode, Tandy, Smith type draft. In other words, head scratchers that I don't see doing anything in the NFL.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#69 : April 24, 2013, 03:01:03 PM

We had shown interest in Martin and David though. Had meetings with them both. I look at the list of meetings and interest this year, and I am prepared to be underwhelmed.

That is the draft class this year though, underwhelming. A few executives have called it one of the worst classes they've seen.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#70 : April 24, 2013, 03:03:22 PM

That is the draft class this year though, underwhelming. A few executives have called it one of the worst classes they've seen.

I strongly disagree with that. There is no elite talent at the top of this draft, which is why it was smart to use our 1st for Revis, but there is a lot of meat & potatoes in the middle rounds of this draft. Overall, I think this draft is solid.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#71 : April 24, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

This draft is deep as hell, but there is almost no elite talent at any position imo.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#72 : April 24, 2013, 03:40:32 PM

I strongly disagree with that. There is no elite talent at the top of this draft, which is why it was smart to use our 1st for Revis, but there is a lot of meat & potatoes in the middle rounds of this draft. Overall, I think this draft is solid.

Yup. I actually don't remember seeing a draft with so many talented players "in the trenches". There is talk by some that TWO Guards may go top 10 as well as three LTs in the top 10. Sure, this draft is lacking top tier skill players, but it is one of the deepest drafts in quite a while. There are a lot of safeties in comparison to last year. Same for CBs. The group of WRs is pretty good too. There are no megatrons, AJ Greens, etc...but there are 4-6 guys who will come off the board in the 1st and 2nd rounds who have the ability to come in and have a MW19 type impact for their teams. So just because the QB talent and RB talent don't match other years, it certainly doesn't make this a bad draft. I would say that this is a draft that goes far beyond "solid".

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT'S 2013 7-ROUND BUCS MOCK DRAFT 3.0 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools