Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We dont need to waste draft picks on.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #15 : April 24, 2013, 08:27:27 AM »

Exactly.  Outside the 2nd round and maybe the 3rd we are talking depth.  And why not a OG?  Our two starters both went down last year and we had to move our center.  And Joseph might very well be a goner next year.  This is a good time to draft one. 

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

« #16 : April 24, 2013, 08:40:07 AM »

RB would tick me off if Blount stays. A QB would be the worst. Get an undrafted one and hope he unseats Dan. Don't waste picks on non starters
you do realise we would be extremely lucky to get two starters out of our 7 picks?
If we end up with two starters from this draft and a little more depth this will have been another outstanding off season.  I want a pass rusher and a corner early and after that you kind of have to go BPA or they will more than likely be cut anyway.  There are exceptions to that but you get the intent.

acacius

Hall of Famer

« #17 : April 24, 2013, 09:34:11 AM »

Exactly.  Outside the 2nd round and maybe the 3rd we are talking depth.  And why not a OG?  Our two starters both went down last year and we had to move our center.  And Joseph might very well be a goner next year.  This is a good time to draft one.
That's pretty much exactly how I see it.  I wouldn't want to see the team spend a *high* draft pick on an OG, but between the injuries our starters had last year and the fact that the team is going to have to start picking and choosing who to hand out big-money extensions to, I don't see it as being on the "must not draft" list.  I certainly don't think the team *has* to draft one, but if there's a guy the team really likes in the fourth or later, I think it would be perfectly reasonable for the team to draft one.

Frankly, the team is getting to the point where they have some decent talent.  Their looking to draft depth guys with upside in the later rounds rather than trying to force every UDFA into a starting role would be a *good* thing.

Holy Facepalm

Starter
« #18 : April 24, 2013, 09:43:03 AM »

TE
Absolutely no need to waste a draft pick on Freeman's 5th read

“There is going to be a Buccaneer way and they’re going to be Buccaneer men.’’
“There are 1,440 minutes in a day. What you make of them, that’s going to determine our success.’’

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #19 : April 24, 2013, 09:50:52 AM »

Clark was his 3rd read last year.  Whether a TE out of the slot or a slot receiver we need that option.  Big part of the offense.  Don't know if we are going to use a pick to do do or just roll with what we got or sign a vet. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #20 : April 24, 2013, 10:01:18 AM »

I wouldn't want to spend a high pick on RT, SLB, TE, or QB.

..but I'm game with taking most positions the second 4th, 5th, and 6th rounders.

Teams are basically throwing sh*t out there and hoping it works, at that point in the draft.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #21 : April 24, 2013, 10:05:42 AM »

RB would tick me off if Blount stays. A QB would be the worst. Get an undrafted one and hope he unseats Dan. Don't waste picks on non starters
you do realise we would be extremely lucky to get two starters out of our 7 picks?

You do realise that's not what I said at all?

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #22 : April 24, 2013, 10:06:02 AM »

I'm far more nervous about depth at OT. If Penn goes down...

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #23 : April 24, 2013, 10:08:59 AM »

I was praying that we wouldn't take Ziggy Ansah at #13. I don't have to worry about that now.

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #24 : April 24, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »

Clark was his 3rd read last year.  Whether a TE out of the slot or a slot receiver we need that option.  Big part of the offense.  Don't know if we are going to use a pick to do do or just roll with what we got or sign a vet.

Actually Martin is really the 3rd option in Sullivan's offense. The only reason Clark was used so frequently is because the Bucs had no one reliable at Slot WR. As SR said in his latest Fab 5:
The hierarchy of Sullivan’s passing game is Jackson first, Williams second, Martin third and either the slot receiver or the tight end fourth in terms of opportunities or importance.
I think the Bucs will go into training camp with the current group of TE's.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #25 : April 24, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »

As compared to what?

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #26 : April 24, 2013, 10:10:41 AM »

As compared to what?

Compared to RB position.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

« #27 : April 24, 2013, 10:12:14 AM »

We absolutely need a quality RB to relieve Martin.  I just watched all 16 games last year (condensed version on NFL.com)  and the overuse of Martin made me wince.  He is an unbelievable talent who we need to keep around for a long time.  I think the 4th round is the prime spot for a RB...and I agree with SR's pick of Christine Michael at that slot.

Blount is a goner and is limited in what he can offer...  I would also like use to spend a 6th on a QB as well...

Agree Blount is gone one way or the other.  RB's are really a dime a dozen though.  They could pick up an UDFA RB later on after the draft.  We don't need Adrian Peterson to spell Dougie. Plenty of horses out there.

Marcus Lattimore.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #28 : April 24, 2013, 10:12:30 AM »

As compared to what?

Compared to RB position.

Gotcha.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #29 : April 24, 2013, 10:16:38 AM »

Could always move Dotson to LT I guess.  No worse than any other backup LT in this league.  Like to see him replaced at RT however.  He is never going to be a great run blocker at his height and that is what is team wants to be. 

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: We dont need to waste draft picks on.... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools