Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If a good RB slips.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 24, 2013, 10:26:52 AM

I think if Monte Ball or Stepfan Taylor is there at the end of the 2nd/early 3rd....we have to think about going after them.
That would be awful.

agreed. most mocks have Ball in the 4th and taylor in the 4th/5th. why overdraft a player if you dont have to? we arent the raiders its not our game

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#16 : April 24, 2013, 11:21:44 AM

If by any chance Bernard slips to the 3rd round we need to be all over that

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 24, 2013, 11:28:56 AM

I think if Monte Ball or Stepfan Taylor is there at the end of the 2nd/early 3rd....we have to think about going after them.
That would be awful.

That. I wouldn't even consider drafting a RB until the 4th round. We need to address the DL and grab another CB first.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 24, 2013, 11:30:47 AM

That would be awful.
I agree

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 24, 2013, 01:56:44 PM

That would be awful.

agreed. most mocks have Ball in the 4th and taylor in the 4th/5th. why overdraft a player if you dont have to? we arent the raiders its not our game

I'm not sure what sites you visit, but every where I look I see Ball as a lock in the 2nd round. Most likely the top of the 2nd round. Just about every site I see has him as the 2nd best running back in the draft now.

With Taylor their is more variance, but I see most rankings and mocks have him around the 6th best RB and a 3rd round guy. Personally, I think he'll go earlier than that...but time will tell. I think if he's there when we pick in the 3rd round, we have to seriously consider him. Dude is a Cadillac Williams clone. And to me, if you can get Caddy in the middle of the 3rd round, you take him.

This idea that either of them will be around in the 4th or 5th is comical to me. I guess we'll see soon enough. I ready for this draft!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 24, 2013, 03:08:10 PM

I guess I am biased though. To me.....Ball, Taylor, and Lacy are the best running backs in this draft and all worthy of being drafted in the late 1st round. I understand my opinion is very different from most others, so it makes sense that you guys think it would be awful. From my point of view though, we'd be getting a 1st round talent in the 3rd round.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 24, 2013, 03:13:08 PM

I wouldnt mind L. Bell from Mich St in 5th round.  He has some miles on the tires the way they used him in college, but would be a great 1-2 punch with Martin.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 24, 2013, 03:18:43 PM

That would be awful.

I'm not sure what sites you visit, but every where I look I see Ball as a lock in the 2nd round. Most likely the top of the 2nd round. Just about every site I see has him as the 2nd best running back in the draft now.

With Taylor their is more variance, but I see most rankings and mocks have him around the 6th best RB and a 3rd round guy. Personally, I think he'll go earlier than that...but time will tell. I think if he's there when we pick in the 3rd round, we have to seriously consider him. Dude is a Cadillac Williams clone. And to me, if you can get Caddy in the middle of the 3rd round, you take him.

This idea that either of them will be around in the 4th or 5th is comical to me. I guess we'll see soon enough. I ready for this draft!
Walter football has us getting Monte Ball in round 4.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 24, 2013, 03:21:07 PM

Well I'd love that, but I'd say Charlie and Walter are smoking crack.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 24, 2013, 03:26:05 PM

Ball is a good back, but he has a lot of wear on his tires already and I'm sure that is going to turn some teams off.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 24, 2013, 03:26:17 PM

Honestly, and I know I catch a lot of flack on late round RBs, but with Stepfan Taylor....I don't understand how people can watch him and not immediately see that he is a 1st round talent. I mean he might be the best RB in this draft. I felt the same away about Doug Martin last year. Back when he was a 4th round prospect, and I would watch him and think " Am I crazy? How dafuq am I the only one who sees this?" Well Doug had his stock shoot up and we all know we ended up moving up to get him in the first and he is awesome.....but it didn't happen with Taylor. Most sites are still pushing guys like Bernard and Ellington. Taylor is still under the radar, at least to the internet experts. I have a feeling actual NFL teams might see it differently.

All I am saying, is if this cat is there in the 3rd round....we gotta take em.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_00ziPxn0Os

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 24, 2013, 03:31:46 PM

Taylor goes at the top of round 6 in Scouts, Inc.'s mock. Ball is a late second-rounder in that one.

I'm guessing, but I think the rationale behind FRG's "that would be awful" isn't that Taylor or Ball are bad players necessarily (though he may believe that), but that taking another running back high would be a dumb opportunity cost for a team that doesn't appear inclined to run a committee backfield.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 24, 2013, 03:37:05 PM

Taylor goes at the top of round 6 in Scouts, Inc.'s mock. Ball is a late second-rounder in that one.

I'm guessing, but I think the rationale behind FRG's "that would be awful" isn't that Taylor or Ball are bad players necessarily (though he may believe that), but that taking another running back high would be a dumb opportunity cost for a team that doesn't appear inclined to run a committee backfield.

exactly. we dont need to spend a 2nd or 3rd on a backup RB when we could possibly be finindg starters or rotational guys who will see a lot of snaps at positions of need like DL. you can find a decent backup in the mid rounds

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 24, 2013, 03:37:25 PM

Ball is a good back, but he has a lot of wear on his tires already and I'm sure that is going to turn some teams off.

Maybe. I see it as a positive. Although he has had a LOT of touches in college, he has never had a serious injury or missed a game. To me that is a good thing.

Truth is, you are lucky to get 5 or 6 years out of a RB in the NFL. I don't think that number changes with Ball. You just know he is sturdy and can take it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 24, 2013, 03:39:01 PM

exactly. we dont need to spend a 2nd or 3rd on a backup RB when we could possibly be finindg starters or rotational guys who will see a lot of snaps at positions of need like DL. you can find a decent backup in the mid rounds

So say you agreed with me and felt Stepfan Taylor was a 1st round pick. You'd still pass on him in the 3rd round? Who is your top RB? Lacy? What if Lacy fell to 3rd....would you take him? Just curious.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If a good RB slips.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools