Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If a good RB slips.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

: April 24, 2013, 09:03:33 AM

IMO, we really do need another RB as part of a rotation with Doug Martin. He does take care of his body well, so maybe all the hits he takes won't be a problem, didn't seem to bother him at all last season, but still... it is a risk carrying only ONE really reliable every-down type RB on the roster, given the fact we're a professed RUNNING team. Could we nab one in the 2nd round?  3rd? 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 24, 2013, 09:09:13 AM

Good RB's slip every year.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 24, 2013, 09:41:04 AM

Good RB's slip every year.

yep, turfmonster gets them all the time......................wait what were we talking about?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 24, 2013, 09:44:11 AM

RB is not a important position in the NFL which is why they are easy to find late in the draft and undrafted.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#4 : April 24, 2013, 09:46:47 AM

I don't see Dom reaching for a Lacy or Bernard, but I do see us grabbing one in the 4th possible the 3rd.  Everyone seems to be high on this Christine Michael guy.  His highlight reel looks like he fits the bill, then again everyone looks good on highlight reels.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 24, 2013, 09:55:39 AM

Chris tin got nicked up quite a bit for sharing the workload in college.  Yes the measurables are impressive and he was fairly productive when he did play but the injuries really concern me and why did he get in the doghouse? 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 24, 2013, 10:00:39 AM

RB is not a important position in the NFL....

Blah, blah, blah....

Martin goes down and we ask Freeman to carry the team with no running game, and we'll see just how important a good RB still is.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 24, 2013, 10:02:13 AM

theres plenty of mid round guys that we could get to be a backup rb. Lacy will go too high and will probably be a bust anyway. Bernard will be a great runner but will go in the 2nd. we need to be looking at guys that can play on 3rd down like kenjon barner that we can get later on. theres no point in spending a high pick on a back when weve already got a feature guy

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 24, 2013, 10:09:03 AM

I think if Monte Ball or Stepfan Taylor is there at the end of the 2nd/early 3rd....we have to think about going after them. With one of those two paired with Martin we'd have a backfield comparable to the Texans. For a run first team, that is big. Especially late in the season and into the post season.

Other than those two, there is a plethora of solid RBs that will be available in the later part of this draft. They aren't special like Ball or Taylor, but we should be able to get a solid upgrade over what we have in the 5th or 6th round.

youngone

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 24, 2013, 10:14:56 AM

Blah, blah, blah....

Martin goes down and we ask Freeman to carry the team with no running game, and we'll see just how important a good RB still is.
How would we go to no running game? Martin runs and blocks for himself?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 24, 2013, 10:15:33 AM

theres plenty of mid round guys that we could get to be a backup rb. Lacy will go too high and will probably be a bust anyway. Bernard will be a great runner but will go in the 2nd. we need to be looking at guys that can play on 3rd down like kenjon barner that we can get later on. theres no point in spending a high pick on a back when weve already got a feature guy

I agree, and I highly doubt that we will.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 24, 2013, 10:17:47 AM

Blah, blah, blah....

How quickly you forget what it was like when we had Kregg Lumpkin running for us. You forget how special Doug is already? You think we can plug in Michael Smith and get the same production? Reality check.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 24, 2013, 10:20:50 AM

i like stepfan taylor a whole lot and would like him with our 2nd 4th rounder or the 5th. kid is a good runner and can catch the ball very well. stanford emphasizes the run and taylor was very successful in theiy system. the only knock on him is he isnt exactly a burner

youngone

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 24, 2013, 10:21:00 AM

Blah, blah, blah....

How quickly you forget what it was like when we had Kregg Lumpkin running for us. You forget how special Doug is already? You think we can plug in Michael Smith and get the same production? Reality check.
Doug is special but our offensive line does a damn good job too. I never said same production but we wouldn't be dead in the water either.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 24, 2013, 10:25:08 AM

I think if Monte Ball or Stepfan Taylor is there at the end of the 2nd/early 3rd....we have to think about going after them.
That would be awful.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If a good RB slips.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools