Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Haloti Ngata « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 24, 2013, 08:33:22 PM

The entire set up for the comparison with Ngata was without basis.  Bucs NEED a DE - not ready for a project imvho.  Having said that it could happen.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 24, 2013, 09:20:38 PM

Erm, Ngata went 12th overall, didn't he?  He started every game of his rookie season, didn't he?  Who exactly was it that was saying he had no motor and gave him bad reviews before the draft?  I am baffled by this comparison.
dont remember that either.  He was a top prospect. 

pewter_pirate

Rookie

#17 : April 24, 2013, 11:25:44 PM

OK I remember it. Its beside the point. Player A looks good on paper had a bad 40, time is dumb, has a hangnail then drops, and goes on to have a solid career. How many teams went past warren sapp because of his character concerns? Blount wasn't drafted. Clayborn had a condition. The whole he has the talent but is to old is dumb. I would rather have a solid player for 5 years than a safe pick (Hunt).  Safe pick is price or Williams. How did they turn out? Sammy stroughter did more as a 7Th than 2ND round wide receiver whats his name from app state. I hate hearing well he did this or that. You just dont know. Jpp didn't have the production but blew up because he was give a chance and had the talent. No one on this board is an authority and doesn't know what career anyone will have so dint be so rude.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 24, 2013, 11:39:57 PM

LOL

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#19 : April 24, 2013, 11:52:00 PM

If you work hard enough...you can convince yourself of anything.

Now Ngata = Hunt? Wow....

Just...wow.

Truly baffling that people are in love this this guy. I honestly wonder...If PR wouldn't have named him in their last two mocks...would anyone even be mentioning him...?
Probably. He's a fairly logical choice. We need DE depth, hes a big white guy like JJ Watt, and he's big and strong enough to be inside on 3rd downs.

pewter_pirate

Rookie

#20 : April 25, 2013, 12:30:51 AM

http://espn .go.com/video/clip?id=9206739

sammich

Starter

#21 : April 25, 2013, 07:21:25 AM

I think we need to take what the draft gives us (or trade up for a slipping gem) and avoid drafting for need.  Drafting for need is how you end up with that wr from App state.

As far as Hunt we would have to spend our 2nd to get him and I would not be happy about that.  He is too raw and too old.  His brute strength and athletic ability are enough to overcome one or the other, but I don't think it's enough to overcome both.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Haloti Ngata « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools