Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now that the round is over, was staying put the right thing? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#30 : April 26, 2013, 07:23:59 AM

Since we have not been shy trading up in the past, it says the value was not there.
Good.
Don't be surprised if we trade up or down a couple of picks in the 2nd.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#31 : April 26, 2013, 07:31:55 AM

Yes  , once Eifert came off the board there was no one we could possibly need badly enough at 25-32 who won't still be there in the 2nd.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#32 : April 26, 2013, 07:33:04 AM

Since we have not been shy trading up in the past, it says the value was not there.
Good.
Don't be surprised if we trade up or down a couple of picks in the 2nd.

I think we'll go up a few picks to secure either Tank Carradine or Zach Ertz , which ever is within striking range.

CaptainStagger

Pro Bowler

#33 : April 26, 2013, 08:01:45 AM

Considering the cost I'm glad we stayed put. But when Floyd fell to the Vikes, with all the pre draft rumors of Minny wanting to trade back, I had my fingers crossed we were going to go get him. But my guess is that the Vikes had penciled in Sly Williams, but when Floyd falls in their lap, and their need for a DT, they hit the jackpot.

I'm with Tiger and Beatles in this DT/NT debate. Everything up front starts at the nose. He must draw doubles to free up McCoy and Clay....Miller wasn't doing that, so Miller is gone. McCoy even said that once Clay got hurt the doubles shifted to him.....with a stud NT neither get doubled. And if you can get a nose that can take on a double, and still push the pocket and penetrate....you take him. This is an aggressive attacking scheme that needs a stud nose not just a space eater. Floyd would have been great, Williams would have been nice....Hankins might be the next guy inline, but I have Tank ranked a little higher right now.

Per Te'o: funny that before the girlfriend and the Alabama game he was a sure fire top 15 pick. ....last year he and Keuchly were considered 1a and 1b....he is still that same player, just with a bad game on his resume and a little media BS. Jax, Tampa, Ten, or any other small market team would be a good fit for limited media exposure, or a team that has the respect of the league, Packers, Patriots etc...Boston media might try to skewer him but  with the hoodie behind you can you really doubt him? He does have some Teddy Brusci qualities to his game.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#34 : April 26, 2013, 08:07:48 AM

considering what the Vikings gave up to move back into round 1, damn right.... it was best to stay put!

Agreed, that was a big price to pay. Maybe if Eifert was there early in round 2 we would trade up but I think we stay put.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

nitey

Hall of Famer
#35 : April 26, 2013, 08:27:29 AM

Well, Miller was what he was and in the end, I don't think he was a bad 3rd round pick. He was drafted to plug the middle and last season he did exactly what he was drafted to do. In fact, I think Carolina got in Star, just Roy Miller 2.0.

I'm hoping that we get a DT in the 2nd and wait until the 3rd to pick a CB, but I'm not sure what the Bucs thinking is. They could package our 3rd and a 4th and move back into the 2nd for someone. At the moment, I would be happy to get either Short or Hankins as our DT draftee if we pick DT, but if both are gone, then I think that will push some good cornerbacks down. Either way, I think we stay at the 43 pick.

At least there is a reason to attend the PR draft party tonight, we will have at least one pick in the 2nd round to celebrate (and maybe two).

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#36 : April 26, 2013, 08:27:36 AM

It was, especially with all the offensive players going. Dallas had an epic fail in the first round. They could have got Fredrick in the third probably definitely could have got him in the second. There were some crazy  reaches imo. Pugh to the Giants, Reid to the 9ers, Long to the Bears. It was all about the OL last night.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : April 26, 2013, 08:58:06 AM

Btw : What was the deal with all the black guys in the green room wearing the nerdy Buddy Holly glasses? ?

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Now that the round is over, was staying put the right thing? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools