Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It has really begun to sunk in, this league has no idea whats brewing in Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 26, 2013, 12:33:05 PM

I'd personally love to have Clark back, he really got comfortable 2nd half of the season.

Agreed - not sure why all the angst on this board towards him but I thought he became a good option as the season wore on as well...he won't cost an arm and a leg so not sure what the problem is with re-signing him. Probably a disagreement with Myron...

yes, and shut up

I LOL'd...

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 26, 2013, 12:35:20 PM

honestly, Revis would have given us 4 additional wins last year. it wasn't Freeman holding us back against the Giants, Redskins, both Saints games, and the Eagles.

I'll quote myself in case you missed it....

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 26, 2013, 12:40:50 PM

Freeman has been surrounded by one of the best rosters in the league, he can't hold this team back this year.

Was there a year Freeman held back the team?

Last year he absolutely held back this team. Look at him in the first 10 games, then look at him in the 5 game losing streak that followed those. Completely different player. From 6-4 to 6-9 is something no QB in the NFL should be leading his team to.

When your QB throws 17 TDs and 3 INTs in an 8 game stretch and you only 4-4, it's not the QB holding you back.

When your QB has 26 TDs, 8 INTs with a 92 rating and you're 6-7 and done, it's not the QB holding you back.

#9 offense, #29 defense... and Freeman held us back? Buc fan logic.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 26, 2013, 12:42:48 PM

Freeman has been surrounded by one of the best rosters in the league, he can't hold this team back this year.

yes, and shut up

And that year was? I DARE you to say 2012.

Ok. 2012 he held the team back.

Freeman in wins: 58% completion, 15 TD, 4 INT, 97.6 QBR
Freeman in losses: 53% comepltion, 12 TD, 13 INT, 71.4 QBR

But lemme guess, "Stats are for losers?"

Give me the stats in the 7 first losses... WITH the defensive stats too.

And seriously only Buc fans would throw the completion % out there. Everyone wanted a vertical offense. He's completing bombs all over the place and now you hate on his completion %.

Do you people realize we scored the same amount of offensive TDs as the 49ers?
: April 26, 2013, 12:44:45 PM JC5100

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 26, 2013, 12:48:54 PM

LMAO

Ryan going 0 TD 5 INTs in a falcons wins proves his greatness, shows how he is not holding back his team, actually carrying it?

In your case... stats are for losers.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 26, 2013, 12:50:25 PM

yes, and shut up

And seriously only Buc fans would throw the completion % out there. Everyone wanted a vertical offense. He's completing bombs all over the place and now you hate on his completion %.

So you think a QB who averages more than 1 turnover a week is acceptable in the NFL? You don't think these picks had no effect on the defense and that they should have just bailed his ass out every time?

Freeman can take us where we want to go, but he needs to step his **CENSORED** up. We all know he can be the best QB on any given week but he needs to start being consistent. This is year 5 coming up, the growth period is over.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

meekerbeastman

Starter

#21 : April 26, 2013, 12:51:19 PM

the blame for 2012 was solely on the defence, we alomst lost a game in which doug martin ran over 250yds, freeman threw for another 250 with 2 TDs and no INTs and we were up by 35 at one point. that game was just an example like the giants game like the redskins game like a few more that the offence put us in a position to win and the defence choked. healthy Clayborne, added revis and gholston will make a huge huge difference going into the seaosn.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 26, 2013, 12:52:10 PM

Last year he absolutely held back this team. Look at him in the first 10 games, then look at him in the 5 game losing streak that followed those. Completely different player. From 6-4 to 6-9 is something no QB in the NFL should be leading his team to.

When your QB throws 17 TDs and 3 INTs in an 8 game stretch and you only 4-4, it's not the QB holding you back.

When your QB has 26 TDs, 8 INTs with a 92 rating and you're 6-7 and done, it's not the QB holding you back.

#9 offense, #29 defense... and Freeman held us back? Buc fan logic.

No, no you make too much sense for a Buc fan.

3 scenarios, where Revis helps us win: 1. Giants Loss; Eli doesn't throw for 200+ yards in the 4th quarter and lead his team to 25 points if revis is on the field. 2. Redskins Loss; Washington does not move the ball through the air with ease with less than a minute remaining to get into field position for the game winning FG if Revis is on the field. 3. Eagles Loss, Does maclin make that catch with no time left with Revis covering him? No.

That's just three scenarios in crucial moments where we saw defeat, not including his presence on the field for entire games. And you have to believe we win at least one of the shootouts against the Saints with Revis playing. But Freeman held us back?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 26, 2013, 12:55:31 PM

Freeman didn't hold this team back last season? Ignorance at its finest!!!

Either way, he's 24-34 in his career as a starter, but hey, let's just hold onto the excuse it's simply because the team was bad, has nothing to do w/his inconsistent play!!!

moose40

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 26, 2013, 12:56:01 PM

Yep, The offense had nothing to do with the loss to the Giants: 24-13 halftime lead,
Buc offensive drives in the 2nd half (AFTER THE BUCS D INTERCEPTED MANNING 3 TIMES!!!! in the first half)
CLOCK   QTR TOP     START  #of plays Yards Result
15:00   3   01:46   NYG47   5   14   Field Goal
10:46   3   04:18   TB9          6    40     Punt
00:39   3   00:11   TB24   2   0   Interception
12:22   4   04:41   TB26   6   26   Punt
06:48   4   01:05   TB24   3   4   Punt
03:59   4   02:01   TB20   5   80   Touchdown
00:31   4   00:26   TB36   3   19   Interception

Yep, Not one drive of more then 5 minutes, and only two drives consisted of 6 plays.

You have to be a complete idiot or Freeman's Mom to think that the loss was solely the defense.
That loss was shared equally across the team. Freeman is as much responsible for that loss as the d.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 26, 2013, 12:56:55 PM

yes, and shut up

So you think a QB who averages more than 1 turnover a week is acceptable in the NFL? You don't think these picks had no effect on the defense and that they should have just bailed his ass out every time?

Freeman can take us where we want to go, but he needs to step his **CENSORED** up. We all know he can be the best QB on any given week but he needs to start being consistent. This is year 5 coming up, the growth period is over.

Consider the opposite during that 5 week stretch. Freeman had watched how many games slip away in the waning moments after playing superb? At least two, the Giants and Redskins and he had to remember the stomping NO put on our pass defence. Freeman tried to make the most out of each series knowing the defense couldn't hold water even with a sizable lead. He was forcing it.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 26, 2013, 12:57:50 PM

We'll see if given team talent similar to Baltimore, if Freeman is really like Flacco.

Freeman had better offensive talent last season yet Flacco had a better season...hmmm, interesting.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 26, 2013, 12:59:59 PM

honestly, Revis would have given us 4 additional wins last year. it wasn't Freeman holding us back against the Giants, Redskins, both Saints games, and the Eagles.

BWAHAHAHA, for starters, Freeman was horrendous in the 2nd Saints game...and how did he play for 3 qtrs in the Eagles game?!

SMH

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 26, 2013, 01:00:08 PM

Yep, The offense had nothing to do with the loss to the Giants: 24-13 halftime lead,
Buc offensive drives in the 2nd half (AFTER THE BUCS D INTERCEPTED MANNING 3 TIMES!!!! in the first half)
CLOCK   QTR TOP     START  #of plays Yards Result
15:00   3   01:46   NYG47   5   14   Field Goal
10:46   3   04:18   TB9          6    40     Punt
00:39   3   00:11   TB24   2   0   Interception
12:22   4   04:41   TB26   6   26   Punt
06:48   4   01:05   TB24   3   4   Punt
03:59   4   02:01   TB20   5   80   Touchdown
00:31   4   00:26   TB36   3   19   Interception

Yep, Not one drive of more then 5 minutes, and only two drives consisted of 6 plays.

You have to be a complete idiot or Freeman's Mom to think that the loss was solely the defense.
That loss was shared equally across the team. Freeman is as much responsible for that loss as the d.

please stop, and look up the run/pass ratio and get back to us. the play calling got real conservative with the double digit lead, it was run on first and second down on nearly every series until the Giants took the lead.

awitron

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 26, 2013, 01:01:17 PM

the blame for 2012 was solely on the defence, we alomst lost a game in which doug martin ran over 250yds, freeman threw for another 250 with 2 TDs and no INTs and we were up by 35 at one point. that game was just an example like the giants game like the redskins game like a few more that the offence put us in a position to win and the defence choked. healthy Clayborne, added revis and gholston will make a huge huge difference going into the seaosn.

This is exactly why I'm saying only Freeman can **CENSORED** this up. Those type of losses should no longer be happening, and if this team is going to continue to lose games they have no business losing, defense more than likely not going to be the reason for it.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It has really begun to sunk in, this league has no idea whats brewing in Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools