Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY 3 THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 27, 2013, 02:45:53 PM

nfldraftscout has him as the 44th OLB and 527th prospect overall.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Psych

Starter

#16 : April 27, 2013, 02:54:38 PM

He will apparently play DE for us. Still, it was the biggest reach. He wasn't going to get drafted.

shawn731

Starter

#17 : April 27, 2013, 03:03:37 PM

Well thats it folks our last pick is at the end of the 6th.  Defense was our focus this year.  I hope there are some great WR's and Olinemen coming out next year.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#18 : April 27, 2013, 03:07:13 PM

nfldraftscout has him as the 44th OLB and 527th prospect overall.

Maybe Schiano recruited him out of high school :)

Huge reach. Dom must leave the building after the 4th round.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 27, 2013, 03:12:04 PM

The 49ers have a stacked roster.  They can draft BPA for the next 2 years and still have a decent roster.

i think they are overrated.  theyve done very well the last couple seasons, but i think they have lost a lot recently.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

shawn731

Starter

#20 : April 27, 2013, 03:25:13 PM

The lack depth at Oline but the roster is pretty young.  They have talent at every position.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 27, 2013, 03:34:53 PM

The 49ers have a stacked roster.  They can draft BPA for the next 2 years and still have a decent roster.

i think they are overrated.  theyve done very well the last couple seasons, but i think they have lost a lot recently.

Walker, Goldson? Wont be huge losses.

Actually, one of the local radio personalities here is a 9ers die-hard. He said that he was actually pretty excited about the Reid pick, because Goldson was vulnerable in the passing game in one on one coverage and some of his deep half coverages. Hopes that Reid could be more than just a thumper.

They are young, studly, got loads of potential. I would say they are pretty far from overrated.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 27, 2013, 03:44:09 PM

Actually, one of the local radio personalities here is a 9ers die-hard. He said that he was actually pretty excited about the Reid pick, because Goldson was vulnerable in the passing game in one on one coverage and some of his deep half coverages. Hopes that Reid could be more than just a thumper.

They are young, studly, got loads of potential. I would say they are pretty far from overrated.

sopaoago?  RJF?

no one wanted reid on this board...no one clamored how good he was.  it was all about how poor his last season was and how he was a 2nd round pick at best.   justin smith is old and aldon looked average without him.  do they have any scary WR's?  will the pistol/read-option be as potent with an offseason of film study?

theyve got harbaugh.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 27, 2013, 03:45:37 PM

sopaoago?  RJF?

no one wanted reid on this board...no one clamored how good he was.  it was all about how poor his last season was and how he was a 2nd round pick at best.   justin smith is old and aldon looked average without him.  do they have any scary WR's?  will the pistol/read-option be as potent with an offseason of film study?

theyve got harbaugh.

Good post. While i dont necessarily think the 49ers will struggle, I agree they digressed a bit on defense

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 27, 2013, 03:50:39 PM

Last pick coming up soon.  It looks like we are going with "Schiano" choices the last few rounds.  You think they take RB Jawan Jamison?

ctymniak

Second String

#25 : April 27, 2013, 03:55:47 PM

I would like to see the tall TE from UCLA. Joe Fauria

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#26 : April 27, 2013, 03:58:02 PM

I would like to see the tall TE from UCLA. Joe Fauria

That's what I'm hoping.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 27, 2013, 04:20:26 PM

I'm still gonna say the best player left in the draft is Wake Forest FB TOmmy Bohanon. I can vouch for him as a player and as a person, and looking at his combine numbers alone I would take a flier. Hes the strongest person ive ever seen in a weight room.

Honestly he has the skill set to be the next Lorenzo Neal. Please take him!

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#28 : April 27, 2013, 04:23:03 PM

Updated for the Demps/Blount deal. I still think we need to sign a DE like Freeney or Abraham. They will go a long ways to beefing up that pass rush and with adding Revis and Banks...I think we'd be much better in the passing game. I'd still like to see us add a TE, RB (as we are now very thin there behind Martin), and maybe another LB or OT. I think out biggest needs right now in the draft are TE and RB. DE will need to be a free agent.

QB: Freeman, Orlovsky, Glennon
RB: Martin, Leonard, Smith
FB: Lorig
WR: Jackson, Williams, Ogletree, Underwood, Smith, Demps
TE: Stocker, Crabtree, ****
OT: Penn, Dotson, Hardman
OG: Nicks, Joseph, Meredith
C: Zuttah, Larsen

DE: Bowers, Clayborn, Te'o-Nesheim, Gholston
DT: McCoy, Gibson, Spence, Landri
LB: David, Foster, Casillas, Hayward, Watson, Means
CB: Revis, Wright, Banks, Leonard, Gaitor
S: Goldson, Barron, Barber, Black

LS: Economos
K: Barth
P: Koenen

4 open
: April 27, 2013, 04:25:57 PM Kodiak

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : April 27, 2013, 04:25:22 PM

Whatever they have lost doesn't matter (safties don't win or lose games) and the "addition" of Kapernick over what Smith brings is huge for them.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OFFICIAL DRAFT DAY 3 THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools