Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jersey numbers of the new acquisitions.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 30, 2013, 12:47:23 PM

Revis should get 24. Barron should go to his old college number 4.

Jutt

Starter
#16 : April 30, 2013, 02:03:52 PM

DBs cant wear single digit numbers

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#17 : April 30, 2013, 02:13:49 PM

How is it possible to have almost 17000 posts and not know how number assignments work in the NFL?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 30, 2013, 02:15:44 PM

lol you got me.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 30, 2013, 02:24:54 PM

Nothing official on the Bucs website but Banks said on his twitter feed that he had chosen #27. Glennon mentioned donning #18 because Punter Chas Henry has #8.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 30, 2013, 02:32:49 PM

Whoa whoa Glennon.. If youre a QB with a QB mentality there is no way in hell he should give his number up for a punter. He needs to go the Brian Price school of getting sh|t done.

cryptfiend

Starter

#21 : April 30, 2013, 02:42:45 PM

You can wear whatever number you want in the NFL, there is just a 5000 dollar per game penalty for doing so.

I heard a rumor (I think some dude read it in the local paper, im out of town), that Revis was considering wearing the number 1 and taking the 5k hit each game.  That would still give him a 15.9mil/year salary

Also, there are some weird rules about all the normal numbers being taken...so like wr are the teens and the 80's, but if all those numbers are taken, they can also taken 1-9 and i think 20-30 (1-9 i know).  DB's are 20-49...if all those numbers are taken, he can theoretically choose any number he wants :).

...hire a bunch of scrubs, have them pick all the numbers, then he gets his number, then fire the scrubs with a nice severance package.
: April 30, 2013, 02:45:49 PM cryptfiend

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 30, 2013, 05:51:31 PM

You can wear whatever number you want in the NFL, there is just a 5000 dollar per game penalty for doing so.

I heard a rumor (I think some dude read it in the local paper, im out of town), that Revis was considering wearing the number 1 and taking the 5k hit each game.  That would still give him a 15.9mil/year salary

Also, there are some weird rules about all the normal numbers being taken...so like wr are the teens and the 80's, but if all those numbers are taken, they can also taken 1-9 and i think 20-30 (1-9 i know).  DB's are 20-49...if all those numbers are taken, he can theoretically choose any number he wants :).

...hire a bunch of scrubs, have them pick all the numbers, then he gets his number, then fire the scrubs with a nice severance package.
I don't believe any of this is true.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 30, 2013, 07:54:56 PM

I heard a rumor (I think some dude read it in the local paper, im out of town), that Revis was considering wearing the number 1 and taking the 5k hit each game. 

LOL , that would be awesome.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#24 : April 30, 2013, 08:22:38 PM

Whoa whoa Glennon.. If youre a QB with a QB mentality there is no way in hell he should give his number up for a punter. He needs to go the Brian Price school of getting sh|t done.
Not a big deal. Glennon can always take 5 next year.

cryptfiend

Starter

#25 : April 30, 2013, 08:23:07 PM

I don't believe any of this is true.

There were several pieces to what I said...

If you do not believe that this is true, then you should do some research into keyshawn johnson who wore the number 19 when the only numbers available to receivers were in the 80's.  He took a penalty every game to wear the number.  There are several other examples, but that is one that is close to home and you should be able to dig that information up without me holding your hand too much.

I said it was a rumor.  For a dude who is so focused on money like revis, and who seems to be as professional as revis is...I don't believe it either.

Also, there are some weird rules about all the normal numbers being taken...so like wr are the teens and the 80's, but if all those numbers are taken, they can also taken 1-9 and i think 20-30 (1-9 i know).  DB's are 20-49...if all those numbers are taken, he can theoretically choose any number he wants :)

If you did not know that numbers are restricted by player position, there are many articles you can read.  I believe the practice was started in 1973.  The idea is to help refs see who is an eligible receiver and who isn't.  In general if a player changes their position, they are allowed to keep their number (like from safety to linebacker in the case of jermaine phillips who retained 23 after the switch).  However if you switch from an ineligible position like tackle, to an eligible position like tight end, they generally make you change your number.  If all of the numbers for our particular section are taken (which can happen because, for instance, the 20s, 30s, and 40s are all used by running backs and defensive backs, and some of those numbers for tight ends) you can use an alternate number other than 0 or 00.  You can look this information up anywhere, and this should require even less hand holding than the other issue.

The part about the scrubs was a joke and not intended to be taken seriously.

So my question to you now is...which part of my post do you not believe?  That way I can go out, get more information and make you a believer (if you couldnt get it on your own)

youngone

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 30, 2013, 08:27:52 PM

Not a big deal. Glennon can always take 5 next year.
Freeman's new fat contract with us is going to come with a new number? I didn't know that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : April 30, 2013, 10:01:16 PM

This post is pure garbage!! Do people think they can post crap like this and not get called out on it??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#28 : May 01, 2013, 09:44:16 PM

Bucs Team store did an Oopps. Revis is #24 and Barron #23. wonder what that means for Myron Lewis.

JennaLaineBucs ‏@JennaLaineBucs 2m
Oops! RT @2EvilDead: @JennaLaineBucs  Looks like the Bucs team store leaked the new numbers for Revis and Barron. http://shop.buccaneers.com/Catalog/Jerseys
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jersey numbers of the new acquisitions.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools