Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's to hoping for a more "free" Josh Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 28, 2013, 05:15:28 AM

Name all the running qbs that have been in the league at least 4 years. Even vick has become more of a pocket passer. Teams dont want their qbs running that much to avoid injury as pretty much every teams destiny is tied to the health of their starting qb. Most qbs quit running as much to preserve their health as well.

Being more mobile, sure. Being a running qb, no thanks. Rg3 is probably thinking hard about running so much after getting beat down this year. You could argue his injury cost the redskins quite a bit.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#16 : April 28, 2013, 07:17:14 AM

Consistently inconsistent aka Josh Freeman.

- Played well enough for the Bucs to be 11-2
- #32 pass defense made them 6-7
- Blame the QB!

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 28, 2013, 01:45:47 PM

Name all the running qbs that have been in the league at least 4 years. Even vick has become more of a pocket passer. Teams dont want their qbs running that much to avoid injury as pretty much every teams destiny is tied to the health of their starting qb. Most qbs quit running as much to preserve their health as well.

Being more mobile, sure. Being a running qb, no thanks. Rg3 is probably thinking hard about running so much after getting beat down this year. You could argue his injury cost the redskins quite a bit.
Since when was Freeman a running QB? He's nothing like Vick or RG3. He was mobile, and he took advantage of it which led to helping his team win.

Now he just sits in the pocket throwing **CENSORED**ty passes and missing wide open receivers.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 28, 2013, 02:38:01 PM

Since when was Freeman a running QB? He's nothing like Vick or RG3. He was mobile, and he took advantage of it which led to helping his team win.

Now he just sits in the pocket throwing **CENSORED**ty passes and missing wide open receivers.

ummmm, never. people seem to think he is. at the very least they are expecting him to do what he did in 2010 and rack up 70 carries for over 300yds.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : April 28, 2013, 02:49:12 PM

Freeman is going to show up the freehaters something fierce this season.

Heck, he wasn't that bad last year, considering playing 'catch up" all the time, a new system, and his OL obliterated.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 28, 2013, 02:52:12 PM

Shouldn't we be mad at the OC for not putting more designed roll outs in the offense?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#21 : April 28, 2013, 02:56:23 PM

I think that's a factor. I think Freeman and the staff collectively have reduced his runs. I think that the Oline being a mess most of the year contributed...nowhere to run when guys are on top of you in under 3 seconds.

Theres a bunch of factors really and I think people are being silly expecting him to return to his early "run for your life" QB.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 28, 2013, 03:24:17 PM

also, Freeman hasn't drastically dropped his run like many lead on.

2009- 30 carries, 9 games, 161yds, 3.3 carries per game
2010- 68 carries, 16 games, 364yds, 4.3 carries per game
2011- 55 carries, 16 games, 364yds, 3.4 carries per game
2012- 38 carries. 16 games, 139yds, 2.4 carries per game

We are talking the difference of 1-2 runs a game or at its most drastic difference 30 carries in a year. He also looks down the field longer to try and find someone open, especially with a more downfield passing attack so that's likely to eat a few carries right there. I think he needs to be more mobile in the pocket, but I don't think he needs to run anymore than he has been really.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 28, 2013, 03:31:58 PM

- Blame the QB!

Freeman threw 9 interceptions the last 3 games. Please explain to me how that is the defenses fault.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#24 : April 28, 2013, 04:08:24 PM

Funny that this question comes up. At the PR get2gether where Freeman was present, I asked him this very question.

Here's his answer: Basically last year he wasn't as comfortable in Sullivan's offense as he was in the offense that was run by Olsen. It's not that Sully's was harder, just different and he was very concerned about doing all the right things all at the right time. As a result, he was slower to react to situations than he was before. He said that he should be more comfortable in the offense this year and should be able to use his instincts more. My guess it that you will see him take off a bit more (or throw the pass away) than he did last year. I got a very strong sense that Josh was just trying to do exactly what his coaches wanted him to do, perhaps a bit to the extreme. He mentioned that all off season he's been working with Sully in the film room and talking out various situations with him.

I really do feel you'll see more of that relaxed, confident Josh that we saw in 2010 this year now that he's entering his 2nd season with Sullivan.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#25 : April 28, 2013, 05:08:20 PM

- Blame the QB!

Freeman threw 9 interceptions the last 3 games. Please explain to me how that is the defenses fault.

He's only 24 25!

ingey1968

Starter

#26 : April 28, 2013, 05:13:23 PM

i  would like to freeman be "free"... A free agent

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : April 28, 2013, 06:35:15 PM

I just think a lot of you forgot the Sims and gradkowski days.

Probably the same people who thought brooks "lost a step," so he should be canned.

I got one word for that. Spoiled.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 29, 2013, 05:50:01 AM

Please explain why you guys care so much about what happened in meaningless games when the whole team stunk and the QB coach and WR coach took college jobs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#29 : April 29, 2013, 06:14:56 AM

Injuries, in game play calling (still not certain about S's ability to adapt to a fluid situation), the health of Revis Island, and the play of QB1.

What has Free improved on in four seasons as a professional?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Here's to hoping for a more "free" Josh Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools