Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Outside of the secondary did the Bucs improve this offseason? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#150 : April 29, 2013, 09:53:37 PM

Anyone who was doing the live chat during the 3rd Round knew the board was perfectly set up to take a really good DT or DE.

Then Rutgers took Giraffe....

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#151 : April 29, 2013, 10:03:50 PM

No. Resounding.

BTown, that's just hopeful speculation on your part. Most people would call them a wash at this point. Probably better at back-up RB, just because of Schiano's choice.

Yes, it is hopeful speculation.  Trying to see some of the positives of what we've done and not look at the glass half empty.  There are lots of negatives to how the draft played out too.  But I honestly think we did improve ... again, not by much, but I do think we did.

Wasn't saying Gholdson was an upgrade to Bennett - or didn't mean to make it sound that way at least.  I think Bowers full time is the upgrade to Bennett.  I think Bennett had reached his ceiling and there wasn't going to be much more growth.  Gholdson, added good depth IMO, with high potential.

Afterall, its all speculation until we get to see them on the field and how they perform.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#152 : April 29, 2013, 10:13:03 PM

WT. I won't quote that whole thing, cause it would be a hell of a long post. To the first portion, I completely agree. No one can put the blame on one person. It would be inaccurate, unfair, and idiotic. Not sure if you are directing that at me, but I can direct you at dozens of posts where I state that most of the blame is NOT on Freeman.

To the next portion, I will start off by saying that I would rather have Freeman over any of those QBs you mentioned. Now unless you can find a quote, I am sure that I have never said that the ONLY thing that matter is the W/L record. Where did you get that from? That whole second portion of your retort is not inaccurate or anything, but it is not addressing anything that I brought up or anything relevant to what we have talked about in our Freeman discussions. You keep asking me who I would prefer out of a select group of QBs, over and over, but I haven't even been talking about replacing Freeman. Also, just because Freeman is a better QB than the QBs you keep bringing up, doesn't make Freeman any more of a lock to be "the guy" who leads us to the promised land.

To the last part. Who do we have a better chance of winning with...Glennon or Freeman? I mean..do I seriously have to say/type that one..?

Freeman.

Even though he is the best QB on the roster, though, doesn't mean that I am sold that he will be the franchise QB to get us where we need to be. Right now, who is our best option? Freeman....but that doesn't mean that if he fails next year and is allowed to walk, that a guy will be out there who can. I don't know, those answers, but I amexcited to let it play out.

I hope this clarifies things, because so far you have misinterpreted a lot of what I have stated. I could be that I haven't been clear, it could be that you see red when someone doesn't praise Freeman. Either way, hope that clears it up a bit.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

White Tiger

Starter
#153 : April 29, 2013, 10:22:58 PM

Probably why the "Robo QB" body type (and playing type) are in style right now: 6' 5" (or taller) & 235lbs to 245lbs.

...also maybe why "escapability" is more highly valued than "mobile/running" QB's - takes a little time to build a line - but should buy your QB more time?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#154 : April 29, 2013, 11:34:28 PM

NFl pundits and draft gurus acknowledge the Bucs reached with most of their picks.  Even fans that follow the draft admit the Bucs reached on their picks.  When there is such consensus that isn't good.

usatoday gave the Bucs an A, kiper a B, fox sports an A-.  im not sure if consensus is the word you should use.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#155 : April 29, 2013, 11:34:54 PM

It's a lob-sided question for me, as my draft consisted of revis, banks, a corner, another corner, and then some more corners.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#156 : April 29, 2013, 11:36:29 PM

Anyone who was doing the live chat during the 3rd Round knew the board was perfectly set up to take a really good DT or DE.

Then Rutgers took Giraffe....

+1.

The playoff teams gobbled up all the DL in the third.  It was like watching a slow motion train wreck unfold.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#157 : April 29, 2013, 11:43:23 PM

The playoff teams gobbled up all the DL in the third.  It was like watching a slow motion train wreck unfold.

damontre moore, jon jenkins, jordan hill, corey lemonier, brandon williams and sam montgomery.

those guys?  all of them have issues as well.    would i have liked them? sure.  but i sure dont believe they are slam dunks.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

White Tiger

Starter
#158 : April 30, 2013, 01:17:25 AM

WT. I won't quote that whole thing, cause it would be a hell of a long post. To the first portion, I completely agree. No one can put the blame on one person. It would be inaccurate, unfair, and idiotic. Not sure if you are directing that at me, but I can direct you at dozens of posts where I state that most of the blame is NOT on Freeman.

To the next portion, I will start off by saying that I would rather have Freeman over any of those QBs you mentioned. Now unless you can find a quote, I am sure that I have never said that the ONLY thing that matter is the W/L record. Where did you get that from? That whole second portion of your retort is not inaccurate or anything, but it is not addressing anything that I brought up or anything relevant to what we have talked about in our Freeman discussions. You keep asking me who I would prefer out of a select group of QBs, over and over, but I haven't even been talking about replacing Freeman. Also, just because Freeman is a better QB than the QBs you keep bringing up, doesn't make Freeman any more of a lock to be "the guy" who leads us to the promised land.

To the last part. Who do we have a better chance of winning with...Glennon or Freeman? I mean..do I seriously have to say/type that one..?

Freeman.

Even though he is the best QB on the roster, though, doesn't mean that I am sold that he will be the franchise QB to get us where we need to be. Right now, who is our best option? Freeman....but that doesn't mean that if he fails next year and is allowed to walk, that a guy will be out there who can. I don't know, those answers, but I amexcited to let it play out.

I hope this clarifies things, because so far you have misinterpreted a lot of what I have stated. I could be that I haven't been clear, it could be that you see red when someone doesn't praise Freeman. Either way, hope that clears it up a bit.

Perhaps I was thinking of a time when you seemed to see red when someone suggested Freeman didn't have anything to worry about from Glennon?

Perhaps I misremembered?

The reason I have argued for a balanced review of Freeman is because - as I started my conversation off with I am extremely frustrated by those alleging Freeman is the problem with the team. I believe that's where you and I locked horns - when I was trying illustrate some things to consider regarding his ACTUAL performance. I can no longer remember if you were the one that told me "stats don't tell the whole story"...or just one that "+ 1'd" it...?

Because if we aren't going to use FACTS/STATS like - Freeman set the FRANCHISE record for passing in 2012, led his team to a NFL Top 10 ranking in passing & total offense, and by throwing for 13,000 yds in his first 4 years he achieved something only 7 other QB's in NFL history have achieved - to establish whether or not Freeman is a "good", "great", or franchise-type QB - well then, I was trying to figure out what in blue blazes would tell the whole story (for you)?

I could only imagine you meant Wins/Losses..so I gave you the W/L and winning percentage for THE ONLY QB OPTIONS from the same timeframe that Freeman was drafted by the Bucs - because when I asked which QB you'd rather have - you couldn't/wouldn't answer me. So I generated a list of QB's that are currently starting for other NFL teams since we drafted Josh Freeman.

Maybe I misunderstood or misremembered - or maybe you did - any of this ringing any bells?

If I did misunderstand/misremember - I am sorry.

If  I did not, what are we discussing?
: April 30, 2013, 01:33:13 AM White Tiger

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#159 : April 30, 2013, 01:47:00 AM

First. Yes, you are misremembering when you say that I didn't like that someone didn't look at Glennon as competition for Freeman. You are confusing me with someone else, or your are projecting something onto me that I never said nor implied. Sorry you get frustrated when people look at Freeman as the problem. That is also something I never said nor implied. I have said that he is not blameless, while maintaining that he was not the primary culprit. Yes, I am the one who was saying "stats don't tell the whole story". Still stand by that and explained my position until I was blue in the face in that other thread, so I won't do that again.

You figured wrong with the wins/losses thing. So in the future I would appreciate it if you would treat an assumption as an assumption instead actual words\opinions that came straight from me.

I literally answered every question you asked when you kept bringing up "who would you rather have" scenarios. To say that I didn't is either a lie, or you just flat out ignored it. Actually, I'll break down the exact order of questions you asked. First you asked who would I prefer out of Freeman, Sanchez, Stafford or Tebow. I answered Freeman. Then you said that I refused to answer the question, "if freeman is so bad, then who is better". I then replied that the only question you asked was who was better out of the 4 and re-answered your original question. Freeman. You then came back and said that I was not answering your question, which was different than the original question you asked. So then I answered your new question that you changed mid conversation. I listed all the QBs that I would rather have over Freeman. All my answers are there in that thread. http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1305041.0.html

So just because I didn't provide you with an answer that you must have wanted, which was probably me taking a crappy QB over Freeman, doesn't mean that i didn't answer both of your questions. I dodged none of them.

So yes, a lot of misremembering on your part.
: April 30, 2013, 01:53:08 AM chace1986

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Outside of the secondary did the Bucs improve this offseason? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools