Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 28, 2013, 05:10:58 PM

The only thing thats exploding on bowers is one of his knees.
probably more likely than him getting 15 sacks at LDE. 

ingey1968

Starter

#16 : April 28, 2013, 05:12:22 PM

I deleted it, thought i might have been a tad cruel. i agree 100 percent, I hope he does well but counting on him to last the entire season is very risky.

El Diablo

Starter

#17 : April 28, 2013, 05:18:43 PM

I like the 15 sack idea. Lets see if he can at least stay healthy before the what ifs. Reminds me of the at&t commercials where the guy asks the kids questions. If you had enough money what would you do with it? I would buy an island made out of candy. If banks isn't fast enough we can tape a cheetah to his back. What if your tongue was ten feet long? Then you could lick the back of my balls from across the room.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#18 : April 28, 2013, 05:22:00 PM

Isn't he going into year 3 of a 4 year deal?
He is, but because he was drafted after the 1st round he will be a restricted free agent.
so if he blows up this year, he's under contract for another year and when he finally is a Free Agent, he'll be RFA. This isn't something to worry about at this point. He'll be here for a long time.

No, after this year we either have to sign him to a long term contract, franchise him, or place the restricted tag on him in which case another team could sign him to a contract that we would either have to match or receive a 1st round pick from that team.
if he's heading into the 3rd year of a 4 year contract, then he's under contract for two more years. Not one more. He's a Free Agent in 2015. Not 2014. This is the year 2013.
: April 28, 2013, 05:24:24 PM MUSCLE_HAMSTER

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#19 : April 28, 2013, 05:24:01 PM

This article disputes the notion that Bowers will be an RFA after 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7820396/nfl-restricted-free-agency-verge-extinction

Key points are

"Restricted free agents -- three-year players with expiring contracts -- can receive offers from other teams, but the incumbent team has a right to match."  Bowers' contract expires after 2014.

"And soon there may be no more RFAs of consequence at all.

The new CBA requires all rookie contracts to have a term of four years. Thus, any players of value will now be under contract through their fourth seasons. The only remaining RFAs will be undrafted players or players who washed out before the fourth year. With every drafted player between 2011 and 2020 -- more than 2,500 players -- signing for four years, the NFL and NFLPA have eliminated this entire class of free agent."

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 28, 2013, 05:26:17 PM

I gotta great idea...how about we wait and see what happens?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Da'Quan Bowers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools