Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are we going to keep 3 QBs? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

: April 28, 2013, 12:10:05 PM

If not i feel bad for Dan since he has no shot at beating out the new 3rd rounder despite if he out performs him.  Neither guy is going to wins us any games if forced to start next year however so I guess it doesn't really matter if we keep him. 
: April 28, 2013, 12:13:56 PM Skull and Bones

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#1 : April 28, 2013, 12:11:33 PM

Are?

-ts

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 28, 2013, 12:46:07 PM

I think it all depends on how Glennon shows during TC and the other guys battling for that 53rd spot.

I don't believe Dan will make it though. And I don't feel bad for him.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#3 : April 28, 2013, 12:50:56 PM

Even though it would be a break from the norm, of late as the team has only kept 2 quarterbacks. as ts- mentioned above, it all depends on what Glennon shows on the field and behind the scenes...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 28, 2013, 01:00:18 PM

In sure in a fair competition there is no chance of Glennon beating out a guy with years of NFL experience and has started before.  Especially one that already knows the offense.  But honestly, could Dan O will games for us if Freeman gets injured?  Don't really see it.  So lose with Dan or lose with Glennon.  Doesn't really matter.  All I know though is Glennon isn't not making this team. 

youngone

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 28, 2013, 01:08:14 PM

In sure in a fair competition there is no chance of Glennon beating out a guy with years of NFL experience and has started before.  Especially one that already knows the offense.  But honestly, could Dan O will games for us if Freeman gets injured?  Don't really see it.  So lose with Dan or lose with Glennon.  Doesn't really matter.  All I know though is Glennon isn't not making this team.
So rookies don't come in and beat out experienced back up QBs anymore? Really? Since when?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#6 : April 28, 2013, 01:25:16 PM

So rookies don't come in and beat out experienced back up QBs anymore? Really? Since when?

They do. Just not Glennon.

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

youngone

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 28, 2013, 01:27:59 PM

And you know that he can't, how?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#8 : April 28, 2013, 01:28:39 PM

Not usually ones that need a lot of development.  If he was considered ready to play he would have gone first round.  He has NFL size and arm so that's not why he's a mid rounder.  And at one time Dan O was looked upon as we are looking at Glennon.  It's not like he is some ungodly talent. 

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 28, 2013, 01:36:39 PM

Most definitely. No way the Bucs go into the regular season with Freeman and Glennon as #1 and #2. There is also no way the Bucs let Glennon go through waivers to try and get him on the Practice Squad.

So the answer is yes. The Bucs will take 3 QB's into the regular season. Robert Marve will go on the Practice Squad after camp.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 28, 2013, 01:41:56 PM

Based on the available information it's incredibly unlikely. I get on airplanes because the odds of a hijacking and/or crash are incredibly unlikely. You draft Andrew Luck because it's incredibly likely he'll be good.  If Glennon gets hit by a meteor that imbues him with super strength and speed, then alrighty. Cool. We got superman.

Sig change requested by \"threadkiller\". I delivered with the most disturbing thing I came across on the college boards x)

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 28, 2013, 01:42:46 PM

Because he's from the internet.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#12 : April 28, 2013, 02:02:29 PM

They are both big strong armed pocket QBs.  Does Glennon have more arm talent?  Probably but QB is such a cerebral position I think Dans experience and sytem knowledge more than negates that at this time. 

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 28, 2013, 02:24:33 PM

If Freeman goes down in week 2...who do you want as the starting QB? I would prefer Orlovsky. This team has the talent to push for a playoff spot. I am not saying we will make the playoffs...but they have the talent to challenge for a spot. If Glennon has to play...we won't make the playoffs. I think you start with 3 QBs and with Glennon as the #3. At some point hopefully Glennon moves into the #2 spot. For this year though...I carry 3 QBs. If next season Glennon has started to develop and Freeman is back...then maybe you only go with 2.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 28, 2013, 02:30:15 PM

We should absolutely keep this guy on our team and should be ahead of Glennon. Clearly shows a lot of vision and awareness right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EZrpEdc0ZQ
: April 28, 2013, 02:32:22 PM TheGlennonCannon

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Are we going to keep 3 QBs? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools