Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This could be our year! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Codmons

Hall of Famer

: April 29, 2013, 03:25:46 AM

Everything is all falling in line for a super bowl run in my eyes...

We've taken time and investments in building the core of our team, surrounding #5 with talent and it feels so right to me.

When Freeman stepped in for us in 09 and took over, we seen hope. Despite all the negativity surrounding the guy, he showed he has the potential to be the franchise Quarterback.

We've built from the ground up and guys like Revis, Nicks, Martin, Jackson, David, Williams, Joseph, Freeman, Goldson, Barron, McCoy all have me fired up!...

Not only do I feel the team's chemistry will gel and we'll be a strong team, I think we have the potential to have the best defense in the entire NFL and top 10 at worst.

The fundamentals are in place, the skill players are in place (you can always upgrade, anything is possible)... but we have a good enough team that makes me confident it could be our time!...

They say it all starts upfront, well having Penn, Nicks, Zuttah, Joseph, and Doston all grading the way for Martin and keeping Josh clean... I expect an even better offensive year this year, than last!

Gerald McCoy is stepping up and assuming a leadership role, it seems like the game is slowing down majorly for him and expect major disruption from the guy.

Think about how excited the fan base actually is for the first time in years!!!... It feels like the 02 Super Bowl year to me again, I look at all of our weaknesses (not that many left)... and I realize how much our strengths outweigh them!

How many teams do you feel, are sitting there wishing they had our secondary?... I mean afterall... that was our weakness right?!... Now it's one of our strengths!!!

Lack of pressure on the QB?... That's going to change... Mark my words.

We haven't even seen our players get on the field and show what they are capable of as a unit but I don't think Atlanta is all that better than us to be honest.

The only two teams I see in our way right now... would be Seattle and New Orleans.

I might be overly optimistic, but with all the maneuvering by Dominik + The Glazers... I feel I have every right to be excited, and I no longer feel the Buccaners are rebuilding!

Our time is now!.... Just the potential alone is outstanding and the more our guys play together and build respect, we become an even bigger threat!

It'll be an amazing year and I don't think any of us will be disappointed!... Pray to god our key pieces stay healthy this season and we can make it happen!

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 29, 2013, 03:46:37 AM

I agree with many of your points.

I haven't been this excited since the offseason between the '05 and '06 seasons.

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 29, 2013, 03:59:44 AM

Everything will be great until Josh faces a decent defense.  Then we are left praying our team can carry him to (and through) the playoffs.

If (big IF) the team stays healthy AND reaches it's potential, they could carry Chris Simms to the playoffs.  What happens then is up to Josh.  And that inspires ZERO confidence in me.

Buc45

Starter
#3 : April 29, 2013, 06:54:10 AM

Josh is the key this year...Our defense will be much improved.  Josh is in a contract year and has a young prospect right behind him...if this does not fire him up and get him to perform, nothing will.

blackat1515

Second String

#4 : April 29, 2013, 07:41:01 AM

Why is everyone so on Freeman, I know he had some bad games but so did every other QB in the league, I think he is very good, remember the Gaints game, that was at the time the SUPERBOWL champs, he brought us back everytime our secondary gave up a TD, I will say it as its been said, he wasn't our problem last year, our pass Def was, so I have a great feeling about the Bucs this year, I can't wait until the season starts, the only thing that scares me is a injury to a key player.. Lets go BUCS

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#5 : April 29, 2013, 07:45:13 AM

We've taken time and investments in building the core of our team, surrounding #5 with talent and it feels so right to me.

When Freeman stepped in for us in 09 and took over, we seen hope. Despite all the negativity surrounding the guy, he showed he has the potential to be the franchise Quarterback.

We've built from the ground up and guys like Revis, Nicks, Martin, Jackson, David, Williams, Joseph, Freeman, Goldson, Barron, McCoy all have me fired up!...

Not only do I feel the team's chemistry will gel and we'll be a strong team, I think we have the potential to have the best defense in the entire NFL and top 10 at worst.

The fundamentals are in place, the skill players are in place (you can always upgrade, anything is possible)... but we have a good enough team that makes me confident it could be our time!...

They say it all starts upfront, well having Penn, Nicks, Zuttah, Joseph, and Doston all grading the way for Martin and keeping Josh clean... I expect an even better offensive year this year, than last!

Gerald McCoy is stepping up and assuming a leadership role, it seems like the game is slowing down majorly for him and expect major disruption from the guy.

Think about how excited the fan base actually is for the first time in years!!!... It feels like the 02 Super Bowl year to me again, I look at all of our weaknesses (not that many left)... and I realize how much our strengths outweigh them!

How many teams do you feel, are sitting there wishing they had our secondary?... I mean afterall... that was our weakness right?!... Now it's one of our strengths!!!

We haven't even seen our players get on the field and show what they are capable of as a unit but I don't think Atlanta is all that better than us to be honest.

The only two teams I see in our way right now... would be Seattle and New Orleans.

I might be overly optimistic, but with all the maneuvering by Dominik + The Glazers... I feel I have every right to be excited, and I no longer feel the Buccaners are rebuilding!

Our time is now!.... Just the potential alone is outstanding and the more our guys play together and build respect, we become an even bigger threat!

It'll be an amazing year and I don't think any of us will be disappointed!... Pray to god our key pieces stay healthy this season and we can make it happen!

WHOA!  Wait a minute...are we allowed to make posts with positive feelings?  I thought we could only start threads if we had sand in our virginia?  *Sarcasm Over*

I agree...this year will ultimately be made by health and #5.  Hard to get upset at a GM who put us in such a position.

Every time I see last post JC5100, I have to click on it.... Pure comedy.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 29, 2013, 07:46:04 AM

While I understand that this is a quarterback driven league, I respectfully disagree that Josh is the key to this year anymore than he was the key to last season's defeats.

Football is a team game and it takes everyone doing their job correctly and a little luck for the team to be successful. Here are some other 'keys' if you will:

• Revis needs to be healty, all season long.
  • McCoy needs to play even better than he did last season
  • Doug Martin can not fall into a slump and turn into Eric Rhett
  • Nicks and Joseph need to play at a pro-bowl level
  • Penn needs to kept his weight down, Dotson has to improve his run blocking
  • Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams need to have another set of good years
  • Sheridan needs to call a better defense, more like what was done in the Atlanta game
  • Sullivan needs to learn from his mistakes with handling Josh last season and help him make better decisions. Those back to back 4 INT games were as much his fault as they were Freemans.
  • Clayborn and Bowers MUST play like the 1st and 2nd round picks that they were and stay healthy. Clearly, the FO is betting the farm that both will.

JMO.
: April 29, 2013, 07:47:49 AM nitey

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 29, 2013, 07:51:41 AM

While I understand that this is a quarterback driven league, I respectfully disagree that Josh is the key to this year anymore than he was the key to last season's defeats.

Football is a team game and it takes everyone doing their job correctly and a little luck for the team to be successful. Here are some other 'keys' if you will:

• Revis needs to be healty, all season long.
  • McCoy needs to play even better than he did last season
  • Doug Martin can not fall into a slump and turn into Eric Rhett
  • Nicks and Joseph need to play at a pro-bowl level
  • Penn needs to kept his weight down, Dotson has to improve his run blocking
  • Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams need to have another set of good years
  • Sheridan needs to call a better defense, more like what was done in the Atlanta game
  • Sullivan needs to learn from his mistakes with handling Josh last season and help him make better decisions. Those back to back 4 INT games were as much his fault as they were Freemans.
  • Clayborn and Bowers MUST play like the 1st and 2nd round picks that they were and stay healthy. Clearly, the FO is betting the farm that both will.

JMO.

I agree that all of these things would be nice.  9 things falling into place would negate marginal play by #5...or he could just play up to his ability and then the rest of these things kinda take care of themselves.  Im not a Freeman hater by any means, but I do believe he is better than what we have seen.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 29, 2013, 08:10:33 AM

My biggest hope is that McCoy can just continue to stay healthy and finish the season. When he's off the field, our defense struggled. If he can stay healthy, I think we'll do just fine.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 29, 2013, 08:20:59 AM

My biggest hope is that McCoy can just continue to stay healthy and finish the season. When he's off the field, our defense struggled. If he can stay healthy, I think we'll do just fine.

Agreed.  Karma owes us another healthy year of GMC

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#10 : April 29, 2013, 08:43:21 AM

It would be nice to have a year when we don't have a major player on this team go to the IR. Seems we have been cursed, especially along the lines, the past few seasons - McCoy, Bowers, Clayborn, Joseph, Nicks, Price

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#11 : April 29, 2013, 08:52:50 AM

It would be nice to have a year when we don't have a major player on this team go to the IR. Seems we have been cursed, especially along the lines, the past few seasons - McCoy, Bowers, Clayborn, Joseph, Nicks, Price

Exactly, things are bound to change at some point you'd hope.

Also big hope that guys progress and develop at the next level to provide quality depth.

Feels like guys are going to be pushing each other with the way Schiano is coaching them up and everybody has a fire lit under their ass.

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 29, 2013, 08:59:58 AM

Until freeman BEATS a good/great team handily, people are going to be on freeman. I think that happens this year.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 29, 2013, 10:40:38 AM

WHOA!  Wait a minute...are we allowed to make posts with positive feelings?  I thought we could only start threads if we had sand in our virginia?  *Sarcasm Over*

I agree...this year will ultimately be made by health and #5.  Hard to get upset at a GM who put us in such a position.

THIS. I am totally expecting the nattering nabobs of negativity to come rushing into this thread to crush your dreams.

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 29, 2013, 10:50:00 AM

Some people can be negative all they want, it's them who is lost and have no hope...

If people don't have hope with how we are built and our potential... then they need to either quit watching football or become a fan of a team they feel won't let them down.

It gets old hearing the same old crap from people and regardless of what we do to improve... it's like we are slated as a 3 win team in their mind. IDK... I'm pumped tho!
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This could be our year! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools