Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This could be our year! « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 29, 2013, 10:56:24 AM

Im excited to watch this team this year too. As long as they stay healthy, I think we will finally see a solid combo of good defense and offense. That should be a lot of fun to watch.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#16 : April 29, 2013, 11:03:30 AM

Looking only at the Bucs I say yeah it's a solid playoff team. Looking at the division it's more like maybe a wildcard at best and counting on the other divisions being not as good, but at least should be able to watch more competitive games.

JM2

Pro Bowler

#17 : April 29, 2013, 11:14:33 AM

If the Bucs aren't bitten by the injury bug anything could happen. I definitely see playofffs unless something goes really sidewise.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 29, 2013, 11:20:18 AM

Looking only at the Bucs I say yeah it's a solid playoff team. Looking at the division it's more like maybe a wildcard at best and counting on the other divisions being not as good, but at least should be able to watch more competitive games.

Funny thing is that this team was competitive until that 5 game losing streak. You have to also factor in the injuries during that 5 game losing streak and also factor in the new players we got with the returning injury players. Plus its year 2 now in the system so there should be more familiarity. This team is set up for success. They were in every game until that 5 game losing streak. If they are able to learn from that stetch at all and these new additions make the difference for the defense then damn. I think they will even handle our division rivals pretty well. I know the Saints and Atlanta are still the teams to beat and are talked about most but I cant wait to play them. I think we can beat them at their house, home game, playoffs. You name it. This team is capable of doing so. Will they?? Thats why they play the games.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#19 : April 29, 2013, 01:07:53 PM

Love the OP's optimism.
But there is one and only one burning question in my mind.
Can we outplay and outcoach  the Saints this season?
NOLA is the toll booth to the playoffs folks.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 29, 2013, 01:08:14 PM

Love the OP's optimism.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#21 : April 29, 2013, 06:36:38 PM

Rat, you can say that again!!!

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 29, 2013, 09:21:53 PM

Love the OP's optimism.

We are better than New Orleans on almost every phase of the game other than QB play (not many are better than Brees)... and Payton's coaching...

I feel like our skill players are better than their skill players as a whole and if our defense shuts Brees down... We know we'll have something special brewing!

Won't be surprised if they squeeze the first game out against us but then get their ass handed to them in the second game.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 29, 2013, 11:00:44 PM

Considering the QB of an NFL team is the single most important position in any of the 4 major team sports while also considering the amount of talent on this team headed into next season, the team goes as he goes in 2013...there are no more excuses.

Other than Freeman though, I think Bowers and Clayborn are also huge next season.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This could be our year! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools