Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnthan Banks, steal of the draft but why? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#45 : April 30, 2013, 12:51:16 AM

We let our most productive DE walk in FA
  this is true, but was he most productive because of the system of because of his talent?

I don't think it matters. The guy was great verse the run, had 18 TFL (which was top 5 in the entire NFL) and 9 sacks. We let him walk and now we have two injury prone DEs with no dependable 3rd guy. We created an unnecessary bad situation imo.

After having a great QB, having a pass rush is the most important thing you need to win games in the NFL. It's seems incredibly stupid to not focus on improving that aspect when we have been so bad. 50 sacks over the last two season ranks us dead last....so we let our most productive pass rusher walk and don't replace him with a clear upgrade. Just seems foolish.

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#46 : April 30, 2013, 05:50:16 AM

Maybe they should time the 40 for corners with them running backwards.

I think this is a great idea. Honestly I do. Thats how they do most of their running, so why not? The 40 is bull**CENSORED** anyways, and very unrealistic, but sign me up for this. Itd definitely make the combine more interesting to watch haha.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : April 30, 2013, 07:25:49 AM

Maybe they should time the 40 for corners with them running backwards.

I think this is a great idea. Honestly I do. Thats how they do most of their running, so why not? The 40 is bull**CENSORED** anyways, and very unrealistic, but sign me up for this. Itd definitely make the combine more interesting to watch haha.

Maybe it would be a new additional event and not replace the 40, but having DBs run the first ten yards backwards, and in pads, would be great!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#48 : April 30, 2013, 07:33:14 AM

I'm pretty excited still about getting Banks. Can't wait to see him step on the field in a Bucs uni. I have the feeling he will end up being an excellent pick.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Johnthan Banks, steal of the draft but why? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools