Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 BUCS DRAFT RECAP: ANALYSIS, INFO AND GRADES « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: April 29, 2013, 12:51:46 PM

The Bucs added six new players over the course of the three-day NFL Draft and unlike in season's past the six new Bucs will not be pressured into having to become instant impact starters. Below is a recap and analysis of each player, along with a comment by management and grade from PewterReport.com.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8880

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : April 29, 2013, 12:57:03 PM

"you feel like you can develop"

Translation = Third string clip board holder. Burning a third for that seems iffy at best.

MD loves big backs but the problem is those type of RB's can be had as UDFA's.

The grade C+ is fair but I would lean towards a C- grade given draft value was off with how the draft board was going down.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 29, 2013, 01:00:26 PM

Nothing against James, but Earnest earned his respect from this fanbase. I think it's rather silly to try and equate a 6th round pick to a guy who had a Ring of Honor worthy career. I hope and pray James can be like Earnest Graham for us, but to do it right off the bat like that is uncalled for IMO. I like Dom a lot but I think it's a bad call.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 29, 2013, 01:07:59 PM

yeah its a bit premature to call him earnest graham like but i understand what hes getting it. i tihnk hes trying to say that James is similar to graham in that hes a team first guy and hes got a good attitude and demeanor and that hes a worker

id actually call that pick a B. James is one of the few guys that played for miami this year that i would want on this team. as a 6th round pick hes good value as a backup runningback and he has the tools to play 3rd down back for us. he catches the ball well and also can run it with authority. he should be a good complement to Martin and i wouldnt worry as much when he has to come in so martin can get a break

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#4 : April 29, 2013, 01:25:03 PM

The only comparison was that James is a four down player and selfless.

I thought that was pretty clear.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 29, 2013, 01:27:26 PM

Nothing against James, but Earnest earned his respect from this fanbase. I think it's rather silly to try and equate a 6th round pick to a guy who had a Ring of Honor worthy career. I hope and pray James can be like Earnest Graham for us, but to do it right off the bat like that is uncalled for IMO. I like Dom a lot but I think it's a bad call.

As a Gator fan, I'm pre-conditioned to like Earnest Graham and hate Mike James....but even I laughed at the "a guy who had a Ring of Honor worthy career"...really? Earnest Graham? Whose next - Lars Tate?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#6 : April 29, 2013, 03:09:40 PM

can't see how anyone can grade Revis until he's complete with his rehab - until then, he's damaged goods

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 29, 2013, 04:27:34 PM

can't see how anyone can grade Revis until he's complete with his rehab - until then, he's damaged goods

great.  does that make SF's pick carradine an F?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 29, 2013, 04:28:30 PM

pretty fair analysis imo.

we ended up with the positions most of the fans wanted, just not the names they wanted to hear.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 29, 2013, 04:54:21 PM

we ended up with the positions most of the fans wanted, just not the names they wanted to hear.

my thoughts as well. we filled the needs we had just not with the players we expected.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 29, 2013, 04:55:44 PM

As a Gator fan, I'm pre-conditioned to like Earnest Graham and hate Mike James....but even I laughed at the "a guy who had a Ring of Honor worthy career"...really? Earnest Graham? Whose next - Lars Tate?

The Ring of Honor is for guys like Earnest. This fanbase loved him, he worked his ass off for us, and produced at a time when this team was in shambles. I definitely think Earnest deserves a spot in the RoH someday.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 29, 2013, 05:02:54 PM

my thoughts as well. we filled the needs we had just not with the players we expected.
not really that simple.  We lost value on the DL ( 2 starters) and didn't replace them  until the 4,5, and 6 rounds.  Unless the Bucs scouting dept suddenly became a lot better than the other 31 teams the chances of this DL being better because of this draft is highly unlikely. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#12 : April 29, 2013, 05:07:24 PM

our fans are like every other teams' fans - we think we got the best players in the draft, that we're playoff/SB bound - happens after every draft........

meanwhile, these 4-6th that we're so hyped about are either cut, practice squaded, or sitting on the bench as backups.........too much hype after drafts.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 29, 2013, 05:30:10 PM

Banks was a great pick.

Very Intrigued by Gholston. Ton of potential there given his size and speed. Watch his highlights. That dude likes to hit people! Ranked 77 on Mayocks Top 100.

The rest of the picks were very questionable imo.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 29, 2013, 05:39:29 PM

The draft is not just about getting the most "top-rated" players by outside analysts. It's about evaluating players' CURRENT skillset translated into a team's offensive and defensive schemes, as well as their POTENTIAL for FURTHER development under a team's coaching staff.
As a retired coach once said when he was coaching "if you listen to the fans you will end up sitting with them"...
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 BUCS DRAFT RECAP: ANALYSIS, INFO AND GRADES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools