Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike James Career Highlights - Miami Hurricanes « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rocko23

Hall of Famer
: April 29, 2013, 04:22:08 PM

Not bad http://youtu.be/N7FDZmGvXzQ

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : April 29, 2013, 04:32:11 PM

a UM fan sent me this - "He's not that great of a runner. He's just one of those guys you can always depend on to show up everyday, work his ass off, and never let you down. Unfortunately heart is only going to get so far in the NFL. But yeah, he can pass protect and catch it well out of the backfield. But what he does when he gets the ball in his hands is nothing elusive.  We use to sit with his Mom, Sister, and Nephew at all the games when we went to watch my brother play. Then one day all 3 of them were in a horrible car accident...mother and sister died...nephew barely survived. So the kid has been through a lot...has a lot to play for. He probably has custody of his nephew now. He's a great kid too, I've met him a few times. Not even close to being a thug.

im pretty happy with that.  and the comparisons to EG by dominik?  what more could we want?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#2 : April 29, 2013, 04:33:51 PM

lol, they have to be career highlights because his 4 years total about what most college RBs get in a year or two. I hope he pans out, but this was one of the picks that I don't like. Seems like he would've went undrafted and the Bucs spent 2 picks and lost a reasonable backup in Blount just to get him.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 29, 2013, 04:34:09 PM

He's the Anti-Blount .... that's why we wanted him so bad.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

blackat1515

Second String

#4 : April 29, 2013, 04:40:11 PM

He looks like a good back to me in this highlight film, I understand its a highlight film but he still did it, so as a player I like him a Martins back up and love the type of kid he is in the above post. Great fit for the Bucs

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 29, 2013, 04:45:25 PM

What more could we want?  How about talent?  Seems like a good guy and all and I'll root for him to do well but can anyone see this guy starting for half a season if Martin gets injured? 

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 29, 2013, 04:53:51 PM

Quote from: Skull and Bones
What more could we want?  How about talent?  Seems like a good guy and all and I'll root for him to do well but can anyone see this guy starting for half a season if Martin gets injured?

"Well... you have to look at the core fundamentals and how sound they are, and when you are there, you can begin to understand philosophy. With fundamental philosophy at your core, you begin to see how the talent can develop fundamentally sound. Without that, you're just a fundamental core without a philosophy, in a boat. I hope that this helped you understand why James can handle the load should Martin go down"

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#7 : April 29, 2013, 05:03:23 PM

can anyone see this guy starting for half a season if Martin gets injured?

You mean can the 6th round pick replace the 1st round pick? I doubt that is what the Bucs were hoping for.  They were probably happy to have another RB that can play football -- you know, the actual game that includes blocking and passing and .  . special teams.

A couple years ago, LGB did fairly well running, but that (vanilla) offense and that coaching staff are long gone. He had all kinds of time since then to become a blocker and a pass catcher, he didnt even have to do special teams, and yet he FAILED.  He failed even where even Cadillac Williams, with two horrble knees, succeeded. That comes down to "want to" or better stated, the lack of "want to."

At some point, all teams will take "want to" and a broad skill set over talent IF that can't get off the bench. The Bucs didnt draft James to repalce Martin, they draft James to replace Blount, but also to be able to keep their offense going if Martin sits and to be able to improve special teams . .comparing Blount to James is . . . well . . .  an apple to an orange . . .  sort of like comparing James to Martin.
: April 29, 2013, 05:05:10 PM VinBucFan

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 29, 2013, 05:07:11 PM

No.  I mean does this guy have the talent to be a primary back in this league if forced into that role because of injuries.  No one would be expecting him to be as good.  Just not Kregg Lumpkin bad.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#9 : April 29, 2013, 05:25:29 PM

If our line stays healthy it's going to make any RB we put back there look good. I truly believe that.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 29, 2013, 05:26:03 PM

Let's say we did pick a "primary back" talent, which would've come much earlier in the draft. How many years do you figure he'd remain a Buc before bolting for more $$$ and PT elsewhere?
    Skills can be developed as well as improved on once a player hits the NFL and the very detailed coaching every player has access to. If he's got the "want to", he could develop into a much better player and be very productive. And maybe even remain a Buc...

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 29, 2013, 05:35:12 PM

The backup to Martin has to have the ability to fill in for him if he gets injured.  This James kid might have a role on passing downs but as a runner I don't see the talent.  And these days plenty of backs that can handle that role or more have come out if the later rounds. 

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

#12 : April 29, 2013, 06:02:58 PM

The guy had a combined 1000 yards from scrimmage and 10 tds last year all while splitting carries 50/50. Not bad at all

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

#13 : April 29, 2013, 06:16:12 PM

the guy looks like he can play FB/RB which is great to have in the NFL, Special for a QB who likes to audible from a pass play to a run play.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#14 : April 29, 2013, 06:21:54 PM

Sounds like he's of good character and is hardworking but he's also not exactly shifty and not exactly a bowling ball....kind of in between which means he'll likely be on ST duty and an emergency back. I suspect there will be another vet brought in to be the 2nd back...
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike James Career Highlights - Miami Hurricanes « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools