Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 32

freddy

Hall of Famer
#390 : May 21, 2013, 12:58:41 PM

QB1: 59.7%, 9715 yards, 7.0 YPA, 87 TD, 37 INT   Chad Henne

QB2: 59.1%, 8078 yards, 7.0 YPA, 44 TD, 34 INT

QB3: 60.0%, 8343 yards, 7.8 YPA, 66 TD, 25 INT

QB4: 62.6%, 8148 yards, 7.3 YPA, 60 TD, 27 INT

All have adequate or better size and arm strength and all played for BCS programs. Which do you want starting for your NFL team?

QB1 = Chad Henne - Michigan
QB2 = Josh Freeman - Kansas State
QB3 = Tyler Palko - Pittsburg
QB4 = Jimmy Clausen - Notre Dame

Do I win a prize?

You are the proud recipient of the "Too Much Time on your Hands" trophy!  :P

If stats were everything, this guy would be god.....

69.4% 19,217 yards, 155 TDs, 46 Int, QB rating of 160.6

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#391 : May 21, 2013, 12:58:54 PM

Bottom line is MG is a Buc.   A baby Buc at that...    He gets my support until proven otherwise.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#392 : May 21, 2013, 01:04:12 PM

What about  68.2% completion rate, 9177 passing yards, 106 TDs, 14 Ints, QB rating of 178.7.....and 1740 rushing yards with 17 rushing TDs? That guy is the #1 pick in the draft right?

Nah. Just Josh Johnson's three year college career stats.
: May 21, 2013, 01:05:43 PM JDouble

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#393 : May 21, 2013, 01:27:29 PM

I know why Schiano likes Glennon. He is very tall and he throws big bombs down field. Ideal for this offense. And I can admit, when you watch his tape he does look impressive at times. My problem is that if you watch him, especially his highlights, he usually has absolutely zero pressure and a receiver wide open with no defender within 15 yards. That makes for great college stats, but it does nothing to convince me he will translate to the NFL.

I fully expect him to look good in preseason verse 2s and 3s, which will fuel this debate even further, but until he plays against some NFL starters and has to deal with very tight coverage and pressure....I don't think anyone really knows what to expect. He looks good at times in college tape with 5 to 6 seconds to throw the ball and wide open receivers, but can he keep his cool and make quick decisions and accurate throws with 2 to 3 seconds and much smaller windows? I am in the camp that thinks not, others say he can....to say you know for sure is just asinine. We'll all find out together eventually.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#394 : May 21, 2013, 01:40:29 PM

I know why Schiano likes Glennon. He is very tall and he throws big bombs down field. Ideal for this offense. And I can admit, when you watch his tape he does look impressive at times. My problem is that if you watch him, especially his highlights, he usually has absolutely zero pressure and a receiver wide open with no defender within 15 yards. That makes for great college stats, but it does nothing to convince me he will translate to the NFL.

I fully expect him to look good in preseason verse 2s and 3s, which will fuel this debate even further, but until he plays against some NFL starters and has to deal with very tight coverage and pressure....I don't think anyone really knows what to expect. He looks good at times in college tape with 5 to 6 seconds to throw the ball and wide open receivers, but can he keep his cool and make quick decisions and accurate throws with 2 to 3 seconds and much smaller windows? I am in the camp that thinks not, others say he can....to say you know for sure is just asinine. We'll all find out together eventually.
i dont watch highlight tapes, and to be honest the only time i saw glennon really play was against FSU.  i very much disliked the guy...thought he was scared and just threw checkdowns all game.  that was against a quality defense with bigtime pressure, right?  i have read that NCSt didnt have a great OL, not sure if thats true.  but back to the FSU game, when i started reading he does like to pump the ball downfield i realized he was just taking what the defense was giving him.  the Bucs have a strong OL and quality skill players...all the QB has to do is find the right guy...

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#395 : May 21, 2013, 01:44:40 PM

GT, you can watch this link and see what I am talking about. On average, a QB in the NFL has less than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball. Glennon has 5 to 6 easy. Plus his receivers are wide open, which rarely happens in the NFL. I think my concern is reasonable.

He does occasionally have some nice plays though. I will say that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPipSLtM-GE
: May 21, 2013, 01:46:44 PM JDouble

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#396 : May 21, 2013, 01:55:23 PM

GT, you can watch this link and see what I am talking about. On average, a QB in the NFL has less than 3 seconds to get rid of the ball. Glennon has 5 to 6 easy. Plus his receivers are wide open, which rarely happens in the NFL. I think my concern is reasonable.
He does occasionally have some nice plays though. I will say that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPipSLtM-GE
i understand what you are saying, on many plays he does seem to take an extra hop in the pocket. but is it because you believe he cant process the defense?  doesnt know his offense?  cant scan the field quick enough?

i think its a couple different factors.  these are highlights, so the run of the mill 7 yard slant probably isnt shown, nor is the 5 yard out.  that would be boring, but those are the plays where the QB fires it off his 3rd, 5th step.  plays where you have protection and find the right guy are highlight reel.  i also wonder what the offense was calling for?  was he supposed to be dinking it down the field once his backfoot hits?  or was the plan to trust your OL and look long?

no one knows how he'll turn out.  but i really havent heard a single bad thing about his play.  fans hate his face, his draft status, his college...but there arent many negatives about his play.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#397 : May 21, 2013, 02:00:54 PM

Those quick slants and comebacks are actually the things he does well imo. I'm not enamored with his deep ball like so many others though, because I simply don't see anything that translates to NFL success when watching his big deep pass plays. I just don't see guys get that open or QB have that much time in the pocket in the NFL. Even on teams with great o-lines.

With all of Freeman's faults (there are a lot) at least I know he can throw it deep with multiple defenders in his face and still put the ball where the receiver can catch it. I haven't seen too much of that from Glennon. I guess if he shows he can do that, I'll change my opinion on him.
: May 21, 2013, 02:03:04 PM JDouble

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#398 : May 21, 2013, 02:05:14 PM

Those quick slants and comebacks are actually the things he does well imo. I'm not enamored with his deep ball like so many others though, because I simply don't see anything that translates to NFL success when watching his big deep pass plays. I just don't see guys get that open or QB have that much time in the pocket in the NFL. Even on teams with great o-lines.
i just dont think its wise to downgrade his play because he had a good pocket and let a play develop.   if he can throw the quick short stuff, and he can find the right guy when given time...i think he'll be a winner.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#399 : May 21, 2013, 02:06:07 PM

With all of Freeman's faults (there are a lot) at least I know he can throw it deep with multiple defenders in his face and still put the ball where the receiver can catch it. I haven't seen too much of that from Glennon. I guess if he shows he can do that, I'll change my opinion on him.
guess we'll get to see what he can do with vjax and mike will soon!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#400 : May 21, 2013, 02:07:28 PM

I'm merely going on what the internet scouts say, but the common theme is he has poor mobility and thus can't throw on the run, can't adjust in the pocket, can't escape pressure, and loses his mechanics when there are bodies around him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#401 : May 21, 2013, 02:16:12 PM

guess it depends on how it was written considering mobility.  i think brady and the mannings and flacco have poor mobility...but not sure if it means one cant adjust in the pocket.  he does have some highlight throws on the run, but some of that can be attributed to wide open guys.  ive read many times he stands firm in the pocket...but possibly he loses his mechanics when he does.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#402 : May 21, 2013, 02:25:03 PM

The perception I get is Glennon isn't one of the non-scramblers who can still move around in the pocket; he's more of a Drew Bledsoe best case scenario.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#403 : May 21, 2013, 02:51:23 PM

The Bucs think he's smart and coachable. We'll soon see if this results in success on the big kids field.
Freeman is predisposed to mental lapses, regardless of the coach or offense we are running. He needs a sports psychologist more than a QB coach.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#404 : May 21, 2013, 02:53:37 PM

Glennon put up better stats at NC State than Russell Wilson did. Jdouble mad.
: May 21, 2013, 02:58:32 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools