Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#60 : April 29, 2013, 11:45:08 PM

Cam's completion percerntage was down compared to his rookie year and he threw 2 less TD's.  Only redeeming quality of Cam's 2nd season was he threw less INT's.

As for Wilson, a lot of his weaknesses are masked by PC and his staff, but most NFL teams have enough film on him now to pretty much negate what he did in 2012.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#61 : April 29, 2013, 11:45:48 PM

Wilson's going to come crashing back down to reality this season just like what happened to Cam this past season.

What is this genius statement based on? He's probably the smartest QB drafted last year and they added Percy Harvin to an already impressive offense. Please enlighten me.

Also, Cam not only had a better season statistically this year than as a rookie, but the Panthers also had a much better record. So....wut dafuq r u talkin bout?
Talking out of his arse..

Cam only crashed or was exposed mentally not statistically.... and mentally Russell already has him beat in that category by a mile.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#62 : April 29, 2013, 11:47:22 PM

Cam's completion percerntage was down compared to his rookie year and he threw 2 less TD's.  Only redeeming quality of Cam's 2nd season was he threw less INT's.

As for Wilson, a lot of his weaknesses are masked by PC and his staff, but most NFL teams have enough film on him now to pretty much negate what he did in 2012.

what weaknesses? his height?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#63 : April 29, 2013, 11:47:43 PM

The Vikes dumped Harvin while they could because they needed to upgrade flanker and split end spots.  The dilemma with Harving was he wasn't a split end or flanker so the Vikes cut bait while they could instead of dealing the headaches down the road.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#64 : April 29, 2013, 11:48:40 PM

All that says is Geno had two amazing receivers and a cutting edge offense that college defenses couldn't keep up with.
Thats part of my point. The stats actually don't say that at all, but if you watch the game look at all circumstances and see what is actually happening, than you'll know the true story. My main point is throwing these Freeman stats at me and saying that those stats are too good to come from a average to below average QB is completely false.

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#65 : April 29, 2013, 11:49:21 PM

what weaknesses? his height?

Exactly...if Wilson was 6'2''+, he's a 1st rd pick correct?

I'm thinking the PC and staff comment is just another way to excuse Freeman of his inconsistencies.

Jutt

Starter
#66 : April 30, 2013, 12:04:38 AM

I wanted Barkley but after watching every game of Glennon I can find, I actually think he is better than Freeman already. He makes about 2 or 3 throws a game that are better than any throw I've ever seen Freeman make. He still isn't ready to be an NFL starting QB though. He throws too many dangerous passes. It's going to be interesting at One Buc practices because Glennon will easily out perform Freeman at practice in front of all the fans. Anyone who's been to those practices the last couple of years knows that Freeman looks like garbage at those. This will be the first time that a back up isnt someone who will look worse like Orlov and Brett Ratliff. Should be interesting..

So hes better than Freeman already....but hes not ready to be a starting NFL QB, which Freeman is?

What the fukk!?

Yea its not that complicated. It pretty much means I don't think Freeman is a good quarter back, and he's only starting because Raheem and Dom made a bad choice in 2009. I should have said "good" quarter back in my previous post. Let me rephrase.

I don't think Glennon will be ready to be a good starting QB as a rookie, and I dont think Freeman is or will be a good QB at all. None the less, our team is going to be really talented on offense and defense now, talented enough so that a below average QB can easily succeed.

Good QBs dont throw for 4,000 yards and 25+ touchdowns.

Your logic is still flawed, theres no way this guy is better than an established Freeman, i dont care how inconsistent. .

I should have stopped reading after "I dont think Josh Freeman is a good QB"

Ah another stats tell the truth young blood. You'll learn one day.

Geno Smith threw for 4,205 yards 42 TDs, 6ints and an outstanding 71% completion percentage. In Andrew Luck's last year at stanford he threw for 3517 yards 71% completion as well, 37 TDs and 10 ints. The stats say Geno is a better prospect than the best QB prospect in the last decade, Andrew Luck. The reason why it was not the case and Geno is not even close to Luck is because stats don't show you anything about what made luck such a good quarter back and the major flaws in Geno Smiths game.

So were comparing college to the pros now? Cool story. You clearly have an agenda here.

The fact still remains.There is no way that Glennon is a better QB than Freeman right now. Odly enough his scouting report reads eerily similiar to Josh's but nooo those scouts cant be right.

And since youre so hard on stats, why is it that EVERYBODY uses stats to guage where a player is? Surely everybody is wrong and youre right.
: April 30, 2013, 12:06:19 AM Jutt

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#67 : April 30, 2013, 12:27:23 AM

Glennon will make a fine back up......to Teddy Bridgewater in 2014.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#68 : April 30, 2013, 12:36:08 AM

I think the greatest example of Glennon NOT being a threat to Freeman is the fact that someone needed to start a thread just to try to convince everyone that he is.

As they say on the Red Board...........BOOM!!!!

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

White Tiger

Starter
#69 : April 30, 2013, 12:46:07 AM

Wow.

Why debate with anyone in this thread? The OP illustrates that he's made an emotional decision - emphatically. He posts a video and spouts some stuff he heard someone say - adds PERIOD (although instead of a period "." - the poster used an exclamation point>>>)!

You can't use fact or reason with this kind. Even if he were to see evidence to the contrary with his very OWN eyes - he still wouldn't believe, himself...

He's trolling for a fight, well insulated from facts, stats, winning percentages of QB's - or even the percentages of 3rd (AND 4th) round QB's starting in the NFL since 2008 (14%).

He's figured out how to make gold from lead...lets leave him to it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#70 : April 30, 2013, 01:10:54 AM

Interesting article from Justin P., aka The Commish...

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2013/04/29/tampa-bay-buccaneers-select-nc-state-qb-mike-glennon-as-the-right-guy-at-the-right-time

Commish: Mike Glennon was the Right Pick at the Right Time for the Bucs

I refused to fall trap to all of the negativity that clouded Tampa Bay on Friday night, and after extensive research on Sunday night, Im glad I did.

Unfortunately, Im limited in what actual research and film I can actually watch. I went to youtube and watched every one of Mike Glennons throws in games against Florida State, Clemson, and North Carolina.  I was pleasantly surprised at what I found.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#71 : April 30, 2013, 07:38:18 AM

Cam started the season pretty horribly . Most of his stats came towards the end , after they were already out of the playoff hunt, and they were just slinging it around with nothing to lose .  He was definitely not as good last year as he was his rookie year , despite what the final stats may say.

Also , count me in as one of the ones not sold on Wilson yet. There's a reason that there's never been a good QB in this league under 6'0 tall in our lifetimes , and it's not coincidence. It's a major disadvantage that is going to creep up on him in the future in a number of ways.
: April 30, 2013, 07:54:11 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#72 : April 30, 2013, 07:46:24 AM

I wanted Barkley but after watching every game of Glennon I can find, I actually think he is better than Freeman already. He makes about 2 or 3 throws a game that are better than any throw I've ever seen Freeman make. He still isn't ready to be an NFL starting QB though. He throws too many dangerous passes. It's going to be interesting at One Buc practices because Glennon will easily out perform Freeman at practice in front of all the fans. Anyone who's been to those practices the last couple of years knows that Freeman looks like garbage at those. This will be the first time that a back up isnt someone who will look worse like Orlov and Brett Ratliff. Should be interesting..

So hes better than Freeman already....but hes not ready to be a starting NFL QB, which Freeman is?

What the fukk!?
he's already better than Freeman? Why was he around in the 3rd round in a historically week quarterback class? To me that would suggest he want even better than Freeman in college, let alone right now.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#73 : April 30, 2013, 08:33:54 AM

A few observations
- Glennon scans the field lightyears better than Freeman.
- Nicer touch on his throws.
- Doesnt hold onto the ball as long.
- Quicker release.

With that being said,  let the kid sit for a year and soak up the playbook.
You know...most people complain about Freemans inconsistency, and while thats frustrating,  his trait that makes me want to smash my tv in every Sunday is when he gets on his streak.  You know what im talking about...everygame, usually in the mid game,  Free will go on an incompletion streak and single handidly kill 4-5 drivesand throw like 7 or 8 incomplete passes in a row.  My tv cant handle those anymore.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#74 : April 30, 2013, 08:41:37 AM

Freeman also goes on streaks where he is on fire and virtually unstoppable. I think its safe to say he's a pretty streaky guy.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools