Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 32

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#15 : April 29, 2013, 07:17:18 PM

FSU fans love them some Mike Glennon :

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 29, 2013, 07:41:44 PM

Good God Almighty. Bucs fans are never happy with the QB they have. Josh sets records in passing yardage and TD's and Bucs fans are clamoring for a QB change. The Defense relinquished 3-4 late game leads. Yeah Josh had 3 very bad games. But every QB in the NFL has bad games from time to time.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 29, 2013, 07:49:05 PM

This would be a non-starter if the dude was picked in round 4.  I believe they pulled the trigger to get the guy that most
Fits the scheme before the run started on QB's...

Bottom line.   He is not ready.  He won't be ready for a minimum of a season or most likely two.w

He's injury insurance and a developmental project...  all good teams have someone in the wings being developed.

If you look at it from an organizational view point it makes perfect sense.  If you look at it from the viewpoint of a fan who doesn't like freeman then you start threads thats title ends in PERIOD.   Why discuss it if thats the case.  (See what I did there.)

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#18 : April 29, 2013, 07:51:56 PM

glennon homer or troll?

this cant be for real.

It's for real as is Glennon.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 29, 2013, 07:53:09 PM

Bottom line.   He is not ready.  He won't be ready for a minimum of a season or most likely two....

He's injury insurance  

If he isn't ready and won't be for a year or two.....how does he provide insurance?

Draft Aaron Donald

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : April 29, 2013, 07:53:30 PM

This would be a non-starter if the dude was picked in round 4.  I believe they pulled the trigger to get the guy that most
Fits the scheme before the run started on QB's...

Bottom line.   He is not ready.  He won't be ready for a minimum of a season or most likely two.w

He's injury insurance and a developmental project...  all good teams have someone in the wings being developed.

If you look at it from an organizational view point it makes perfect sense.  If you look at it from the viewpoint of a fan who doesn't like freeman then you start threads thats title ends in PERIOD.   Why discuss it if thats the case.  (See what I did there.)

EXACTLY

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#21 : April 29, 2013, 07:55:57 PM

Not a threat to him this year.

If Freeman starts stinking up the joint like he did in a few games last year Schiano won't hesitate to replace him because he has a legitimate backup.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 29, 2013, 07:56:25 PM

Bottom line.   He is not ready.  He won't be ready for a minimum of a season or most likely two....

He's injury insurance  

If he isn't ready and won't be for a year or two.....how does he provide insurance?

Arguably he is a much better fit in this scheme.   (Insurance is ALWAYS the last thing you rely on in everything in life, including NFL QBs)

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 29, 2013, 07:57:58 PM

If Freeman starts stinking up the joint like he did in a few games last year Schiano won't hesitate to replace him because he has a legitimate backup.

I don't think legitimate is the right word...   season lost, no hope for playoffs?  Glennon is taking real snaps with Free on the bench.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#24 : April 29, 2013, 08:00:40 PM

I wanted Barkley but after watching every game of Glennon I can find, I actually think he is better than Freeman already. He makes about 2 or 3 throws a game that are better than any throw I've ever seen Freeman make. He still isn't ready to be an NFL starting QB though. He throws too many dangerous passes. It's going to be interesting at One Buc practices because Glennon will easily out perform Freeman at practice in front of all the fans. Anyone who's been to those practices the last couple of years knows that Freeman looks like garbage at those. This will be the first time that a back up isnt someone who will look worse like Orlov and Brett Ratliff. Should be interesting..

All of Glennon's faults are easily fixed with good coaching and there has been a run of great rookie QB's and hopefully Glennon can join that group if Free doesn't improve.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#25 : April 29, 2013, 08:05:27 PM

I wonder how well he'd actually handle pressure in an NFL game with the heat on...

Pick six!!! Oh crap, we benched Freeman in favor of this guy and we have a New York Jets situation part 2.

The kid will have to come in and earn his stripes.

Freeman was a first round pick on a bad Buccaneers squad and still didn't get into the starting role until half the season was over and we are winless....

I'd bet any amount of money that these Bucs win atleast 1 game before the end of the first half of the season.

Philly drafts QBs all the time and even into the second round and they don't come in as a big threat to start.... Pittsburgh drafted Landry Jones, is he now a threat to Ben's job?...

Philly even used a 4th round pick on Barkley when he has no shot to start considering Vick, Foles, and Dixon are all ahead of him on the depth chart as it is...

Glennon obviously handles pressure well as he stands in the pocket and fires the rock with guys in his face with regularity. Watch the tape and you'll see.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : April 29, 2013, 08:07:09 PM

Lol. There are no words.....

Draft Aaron Donald

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#27 : April 29, 2013, 08:07:36 PM

If you put "PERIOD!" at the end of a sentence, it makes it true.

PERIOD!

Way to go Captain Obvious!

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#28 : April 29, 2013, 08:11:23 PM

Bucs coach Greg Schiano clarified that No. 73 pick Mike Glennon is not being viewed as immediate competition for Josh Freeman.

Glennon is more likely to sit and watch as a rookie behind Freeman and Dan Orlovsky, and perhaps push for playing time in 2014. (Both Freeman and Orlovsky have one year left on their contracts.) "I think thats hard with any rookie quarterback," said Schiano of Glennon playing right away. "Its going to be a matter of how fast he grasps our system and all those things. And the fact of the matter is, we have a starting quarterback."

He provides no threat to Freeman at all. This is a make or break year for Freeman. If he doesn't do well, he won't be on the team next year which has nothing to do with Glennon being here and if he does do well, we have our franchise QB and Glennon is riding the bench for his entire career in Tampa.

This thread sucks.

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#29 : April 29, 2013, 08:12:11 PM

IF, and I mean IF that is the case, the season is toast. Schiano will be fired and we will be picking in the top 3 overall.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools