Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 32

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #300 : May 19, 2013, 09:06:59 PM »

Its amazing to me this thread continues...   

Glennon starting any games this turns this franchise into a tailspin for a minimum of two seasons.

Freeman not being resigned will make Dominik go away...   

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

« #301 : May 19, 2013, 09:11:41 PM »

Offseason.

Glennon starting any games this turns this franchise into a tailspin for a minimum of two seasons.
Wasn't Freeman's 1st full season his best...so far?

WooHoo!

We will be Carolina ready when we are Carolina ready.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #302 : May 19, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »

Lol...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

« #303 : May 19, 2013, 09:20:18 PM »

How did you come up with that? In case you haven't noticed there has been a bevy of rookie QB's who have done great in their 1st season the past few years.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #304 : May 19, 2013, 09:23:43 PM »

OoOoooo....  Compare them those rookies to MG, their production, their draft grades and arm strength for me.   Hard to compare NFL and college for now.

BigSombrero1

Rookie

« #305 : May 19, 2013, 09:58:33 PM »

Again, Free hasnt been lighting up the win column himself.  I wouldn't lose sleep if Glennon got the job this season.  Wouldn't make a big difference in my mind from what I have seen.  At worst Glennon is a turnover machine that leads us to a losing season while having the potential to improve.  The same could be said of Free.  Whats the big difference? 
« : May 19, 2013, 10:00:30 PM BigSombrero1 »

gone

Hall of Famer
« #306 : May 19, 2013, 10:04:30 PM »

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-5760.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

That article should be its own thread. After he was drafted, PR told us Glennon was a threat to Dan. O. and  not to Free.

From that article:

No one expects Glennon to beat out Freeman this year. But it’s not out of the question.

Schiano said he believes Glennon “can play quickly” if he is needed. “But our situation will be only if he’s needed,” he said. “Or if he wins the job. Look, I’m not against that. We have a starting quarterback. It’s not like we’re looking to find a starter. But competition is competition. Mike Glennon is a fierce competitor. I knew that when he was coming out of high school. Now being able to work with him a little, you can see it on the practice field.”

Glennon will get a chance. Maybe this year. Maybe next, after Freeman’s contract expires. Maybe farther on down the line.

But when that chance comes for Glennon, his head coach is pretty confident he will do well with it.

You didn't bold the first part of the quote (now in red)

Has Schiano said "we have a starting LBer" or "we have a starting S"  Pretty sure PR was not far off

The fact he seems to feel he needs to constantly confirm Josh is the starter is a bit of an indicator there, Vin.  Kind of like how owners are always sticking up for lame duck coaches with one year left, "yeah, Bob's our coach, we're 100% behind him, absolutely"

I have no doubt that's how you take his comment (in bold). You may be right, who knows?

Schiano pronounce any other player the starter?

I don't think it makes any sense to start Glennon this year, outside of injury Vin.  It makes no sense, the job is (or at least should be) Josh's to lose, and to lose during the season.  But Schiano's comments are downright bizarre, and he's talking out of both sides of his mouth.  And once someone starts compulsively reassuring people he's not cheating on his wife, well, let's just say there's likely a reason for it.

one reason is because Schiano wins if Freeman wins . .  its not that complicated.

In all seriousness, you need to put down your " I HATE JOSH" sign when you type . . . here's an example, even when you describe Schiano's comment as "talking out both sides of his mouth" (when he says Free is the starter-lol)  the only interpretation you see is "Schiano is lying about the Pro-Free part" 

Schiano and everyone in OBP wants Josh to succeed because if he does they do

I don't hate Josh Vin, I will be as happy as any of the Freepologists if he turns it around.  So feel free to stop with the "you hate too much" here.

And my feelings either way about Josh have absolutely NOTHING to do with this, You should stop your new crusade and think about it.  On the one hand he says Josh is the starter, but then every time he says that he qualifies it.  If in his mind Josh is the undisputed starter, why the hell does he feel the need to both keep saying it without being asked, and to immediately add a 'but' at the end of it?  You don't hear other coaches going on about how their QB is definitely the starter over and over unless there is already a controversy.  And you never ever hear them say their guy is the guy but competition is good. 

I don't agree with what Schiano is saying being a good thing - he should STFU about all this already, if nothing else he is creating drama were there shouldn't be any.  I don't think in any way shape or form should Glennon be handed the reins before the season (barring the more outlandish scenarios), so it's not an "I hate Josh" wish-fulfillment reading of what Schiano says.  I'd honestly be completely floored if Josh wasn't the undisputed starter this year, and I would have very serious reservations about Schiano's decision making on this if he wasn't -- regardless of anything else, Glennon is a rook and if you start him there is no going back to Josh if he stinks, you will burn that bridge. But if you don't see anything unusual about his statements then you're blind as a bat.  At this point he's gone beyond making one clumsily-phrased statement, there is a pattern.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #307 : May 19, 2013, 10:08:31 PM »

"Glennon starting any games this turns this franchise into a tailspin for a minimum of two seasons."

We know next to nothing about this guy, so before we say that, let's see how he plays before declaring him a loser.  And frankly, I agree he should not (and almost assuredly will not) be starting this year.  It would be a huge mistake to hand it over unless he is the second coming of every great QB rolled into one in camp.

"Freeman not being resigned will make Dominik go away.."

You say that like it would be a bad thing.  Jury is still out on Dom, but early returns have not made me a fan.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #308 : May 19, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »

OoOoooo....  Compare them those rookies to MG, their production, their draft grades and arm strength for me.   Hard to compare NFL and college for now.

Since you asked, here's a comparison of Wilson and Glennon at NC :

2009    Wilson       3,027   31   11       
2010    Wilson       3,563   28   14 
2011    Glennon    3,054   31   12   
2012    Glennon    4,031   31   17

There's no way to really compare, we all understand that.  But I'm not going to declare the guy a bust when he's got very similar numbers when in the same system and team talent as Wilson did.  Wilson made the leap, hopefully Glennon can to. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #309 : May 19, 2013, 10:49:43 PM »

How exactly would you describe the last 6-7 years? We've been in a state of flux since '03.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

« #310 : May 19, 2013, 11:09:12 PM »

Many a b/u got his chance when a starter had an injury. If the b/u is lightin' it up, that starter may not see the field in the same uniform again. It's happened many times...
And Wilson & Glennon both had the same coach in college as Matt Ryan...

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #311 : May 20, 2013, 06:49:17 AM »

Honestly, why does anyone care who the QB is as long as we win? At this point, it's fine to root for Glennon/against Free BUT doing so is effectively rooting for failure this season because Glennon only gets in if Free fails (or perhaps by injury). Every fan should want Free to succeed, shouldn't they?  Not sure that's what one finds in these threads.

Amazing that Free is such a divisive figure.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #312 : May 20, 2013, 07:15:27 AM »

Its because his inconsistency is maddening!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #313 : May 20, 2013, 07:17:35 AM »

+1

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #314 : May 20, 2013, 07:24:47 AM »

I get that, but part of being inconsistent is being good and when was the last time the Bucs had a good young QB?

Better yet, since when do Bucs fans accept having the worst pass defense ever? I don't see any threads about the defense. It's like everyone has forgotten 1995 to 2002. Maybe it's just simpler to blame the QB? He is inconsistent, but more inconsistent than having a great run defense but NO pass defense? With a defensive-minded coach.

I guess I just don't get the scope of the "hate"

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center
  Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools