Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 32

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#405 : May 21, 2013, 03:56:04 PM

The Great White Ostrich

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#406 : May 21, 2013, 09:25:53 PM

I'm merely going on what the internet scouts say, but the common theme is he has poor mobility and thus can't throw on the run, can't adjust in the pocket, can't escape pressure, and loses his mechanics when there are bodies around him.

Well I don't know how those so called scouts get paid because from what I've seen of Glennon is different. Yes he has poor mobility but, he sits in the pocket well and will hold the ball as long as possible and get rid of it accurately. He also has great pocket awareness and is able to maneuver around to buy time to find second and third options unlike Freeman. He also throws quite well on the run from what I've seen but, I'm sure there are exceptions. I seem to recall a couple of QB's named Brady and Manning who are quite statuesque. Bottom line is you don't have to be mobile to be a great QB and Glennon's potential is through the roof with the right coaching.

ingey1968

Starter

#407 : May 22, 2013, 07:31:26 AM

there is a difference in being mobile and having pocket presence. you dont have to be mobile to be a good qb.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#408 : May 22, 2013, 07:49:39 AM

The Great White Ostrich

Nice to see how Jdouble evaluates talent : Guys he finds physically attractive and guys he doesn't find physically attractive.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#409 : May 22, 2013, 07:53:35 AM

Nice to see your homo erotic obsession with me is going strong this morning. Not even 8 AM and you are following me around. I'm gonna call you shadow from now on.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#410 : May 22, 2013, 08:15:43 AM

Nice to see your homo erotic obsession with me is going strong this morning. Not even 8 AM and you are following me around. I'm gonna call you shadow from now on.

Don't flatter yourself kid . You're one of the most frequent posters on this board . You comment in nearly every thread , and we rarely agree. Of course I'm going to comment often , so man up and stop crying about.

If you'd like me to make you a list of links to all the posts I've made not concerning you , let me know . I can get that together for you and assuage your paranoia.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#411 : May 22, 2013, 08:32:11 AM

I'm merely going on what the internet scouts say, but the common theme is he has poor mobility and thus can't throw on the run, can't adjust in the pocket, can't escape pressure, and loses his mechanics when there are bodies around him.

Well I don't know how those so called scouts get paid because from what I've seen of Glennon is different. Yes he has poor mobility but, he sits in the pocket well and will hold the ball as long as possible and get rid of it accurately. He also has great pocket awareness and is able to maneuver around to buy time to find second and third options unlike Freeman. He also throws quite well on the run from what I've seen but, I'm sure there are exceptions. I seem to recall a couple of QB's named Brady and Manning who are quite statuesque. Bottom line is you don't have to be mobile to be a great QB and Glennon's potential is through the roof with the right coaching.
There's a big difference between being Drew Bledsoe and Drew Brees. Which one is Glennon? I don't know. But most people seem to think he's Bledose and not Brees.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#412 : May 22, 2013, 08:53:00 AM

Bledsoe wasnt a bad QB.  What's the problem?  Not like we spent the number 1 pick in the draft on the kid.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#413 : May 22, 2013, 08:57:17 AM

There's a big difference between being Drew Bledsoe and Drew Brees. Which one is Glennon? I don't know. But most people seem to think he's Bledose and not Brees.

Since Bledsoe went to 4 probowls, voted all pro twice, and got his team into the superbowl twice, I'd gladly take a Glennon that resembled Bledsoe.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#414 : May 22, 2013, 09:21:21 AM

I hope he can be Drew Bledsoe, too, but there's probably a reason Bledsoe was drafted #1 overall and Glennon went in the 3rd round. And Bledsoe's lack of mobility was a huge hindrance to his career.

1. Over the course of his career, he was sacked every 14 times he dropped back. As a comparison Josh Freeman is sacked every 18 times he drops back and Tom Brady is sacked every 20 times he drops back.

2. Bledsoe was a fairly low percentage passer, arguably because he threw so many passes with defenders around his ankles. For his career he threw at a 57.2% rate. Josh Freeman is currently at 58.8% and Tom Brady is at 63.7%.

3. Bledsoe also threw a lot of INT's, arguably because he lost his mechanics and made bad decisions when he was about to be hit. For his career he threw TD's to INT's at a rate of 1.22. Josh Freeman throws TD's to INT's at a rate of 1.24 and Tom Brady is at 2.72.

Four Pro Bowls or not Bledsoe is really close to being Josh Freeman.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#415 : May 22, 2013, 10:28:04 AM

Don't flatter yourself kid . You're one of the most frequent posters on this board . You comment in nearly every thread , and we rarely agree. Of course I'm going to comment often , so man up and stop crying about.

If you'd like me to make you a list of links to all the posts I've made not concerning you , let me know . I can get that together for you and assuage your paranoia.

You're a gnat on the ass JDouble and the others that have pwned you in the past, Simpy.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#416 : May 22, 2013, 11:01:56 AM

You're a gnat on the ass JDouble and the others that have pwned you in the past, Simpy.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#417 : May 22, 2013, 11:24:15 AM

I hope he can be Drew Bledsoe, too, but there's probably a reason Bledsoe was drafted #1 overall and Glennon went in the 3rd round. And Bledsoe's lack of mobility was a huge hindrance to his career.

1. Over the course of his career, he was sacked every 14 times he dropped back. As a comparison Josh Freeman is sacked every 18 times he drops back and Tom Brady is sacked every 20 times he drops back.

2. Bledsoe was a fairly low percentage passer, arguably because he threw so many passes with defenders around his ankles. For his career he threw at a 57.2% rate. Josh Freeman is currently at 58.8% and Tom Brady is at 63.7%.

3. Bledsoe also threw a lot of INT's, arguably because he lost his mechanics and made bad decisions when he was about to be hit. For his career he threw TD's to INT's at a rate of 1.22. Josh Freeman throws TD's to INT's at a rate of 1.24 and Tom Brady is at 2.72.

Four Pro Bowls or not Bledsoe is really close to being Josh Freeman.

Stat wise, yes, and as soon as Josh wins two NFC championship games, I'll agree with your statement fully.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#418 : May 22, 2013, 12:41:39 PM

You can quote all the sacks/ pressures per drop backs you want, but much of this revolves around the QB's decision making while reading the coverage.
It still comes down to making the critical throws that win games.
I'd be elated if Glennon even remotely resembles Bledsoe.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#419 : May 22, 2013, 04:33:52 PM

Was there a missing "of" in there?  ;)

Page: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools