Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#435 : August 16, 2013, 11:19:04 PM

Whatever I said in this thread (I don't remember), I'm ready for Glennon to play now

All I know is that I have been calling for Glennon to start since we drafted him.

Don't lie you have always been a Free-fanatic.  Now you're backing Glennon????

Sure.

And before that you were a Tebow fan.

Like I said in the other thread ma'am you owe Buccaneer nation an apology.

I was NEVER a Freeman fan. Please quote me where I said I liked Freeman.

OMG every thread.  You and Nassib were slobbering over Freeman.  Now your on the Glennon bandwagon?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#436 : August 16, 2013, 11:20:36 PM

Lol pewter pirate stating the truth.

All The Way Tampa Bay

Hall of Famer
#437 : August 16, 2013, 11:25:49 PM

Whatever I said in this thread (I don't remember), I'm ready for Glennon to play now

All I know is that I have been calling for Glennon to start since we drafted him.

Sure.

OMG every thread.  You and Nassib were slobbering over Freeman.  Now your on the Glennon bandwagon?

Quote from: MyersFlyers on April 29, 2013, 10:44:21 PM
Glennon will and should take over the reigns for Freeman. Dude will be a straight stud.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#438 : August 16, 2013, 11:30:44 PM

Sure.

Quote from: MyersFlyers on April 29, 2013, 10:44:21 PM
Glennon will and should take over the reigns for Freeman. Dude will be a straight stud.

Now your making up fake quotes, C'monMan! Get a grip, you closet Free-fanatic

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
#439 : August 16, 2013, 11:34:08 PM

I'm not going to call Glennon a legitimate threat to Freeman just yet. BUT, I will say it felt like he grew from week 1 to week 2, and you can see all the things we were reading about pre-draft, seeing on the "Path to the Draft" type shows, etc. Dude's long ball is enough to make you drool. He has amazing touch and nice accuracy on intermediate balls, and his short game is also more accurate than I was led to believe. And he's really poised. My belief in him is reinforced and I think he has the makings of the perfect QB for our system.

He still has some things wrong with him that will come from experience, i.e. the stare down that resulted in a terrible pick 6. I can already hear the Freeman bashing starting; more sacks than completions. I'm in the minority here, but outside of maybe holding onto the ball a little long on one of those sacks (and I didn't see the coaches tape with the secondary/coverage view) I thought he just looked out of synch - not terrible.

Regardless of fan clamoring, Freeman is going to get every chance - plus one or two - that he needs to prove the Staff right about his potential before Glennon plays this year. We're only seeing the freckled bomber if there's an injury or we're 2-8 heading into week 12.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#440 : August 16, 2013, 11:38:16 PM

Freeman will get his shot but I will say Glennon is playing well right now and if Freeman plays bad in the early going we could see Glennon start. Could being the keyword.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#441 : August 17, 2013, 12:25:18 PM

To all of those people saying Glennon is a Freeman clone, you clearly have not watched any film on him. I have watched all of the available film I can find on Glennon and IMO the only thing Freeman can do better is scramble. I know Freeman has more experience but, I tell you what, he better watch his back because Glennon will be there ready to take over if he falters. The accuracy comparisons are also a joke. Iv'e included a link here of the NC State vs North Carolina game to give you an idea of his accuracy. He had at least 8 dropped passes which hurt his percentage and he put the ball right on the numbers most of the time with a few exceptions and also made a few incredible passes that very few QB's can make. Freeman cannot hit the broad side of a barn if he's standing right in front of it. IMO Glennon has a better arm, a quicker release, a higher pro style release, has better pocket awareness, better field vision and his upside is through the roof. Freeman wants to guide the ball and throws side arm too much which affects his accuracy. I am really excited about this pick. This was a smart move regardless of other needs.

Okay, here is my mid preseason evaluation of Glennon and Freeman. Basically nothing has changed from the above quote other than Freeman might even be worse than I thought and Glennon has done nothing to change my mind. Granted Freeman had little time to throw the ball Friday but, he still holds onto the ball way too damn long. Just look at Brady, he has the ball out of his hands in a couple of seconds. Freeman sits back there and stares down his 1st option and waits for him to get open as if he has all day. Numerous times I have seen Freeman sit back in the pocket all day long just to end up throwing an interception. Any good QB with eons of time to throw can complete a pass for a long gain. Freeman just looks downright lost out there and at this point in his career it shouldn't happen. How about finding your second or third option or hit the checkdown. Here's an example, on one of Freeman's sacks his 1st option was covered so he sits back in the pocket waiting and waiting when he had his running back right in front of him with a wide open field to rome. It would have been a big gain, instead Freeman takes a sack he had no business taking. Freeman is supposed to know this offense very well according to the experts but, to me he looks like he hasn't got a clue. I am all for giving Freeman one last chance but, I would only give him the first 3 games to prove he is worthy. If he is the same Freeman we saw the last several games of last year then there is no reason Glennon shouldn't be given a shot. Glennon has looked better in all facets of the game and just because he is a rookie doesn't mean he can't win. I see a lot of people have jumped on board the Glennon bandwagon and for good reason. He just looks confident out there as compared to Freeman. Good luck Freeman, you will need it because if you slip up your job is toast!

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#442 : August 25, 2013, 09:43:37 AM

Those quick slants and comebacks are actually the things he does well imo. I'm not enamored with his deep ball like so many others though, because I simply don't see anything that translates to NFL success when watching his big deep pass plays. I just don't see guys get that open or QB have that much time in the pocket in the NFL. Even on teams with great o-lines.

With all of Freeman's faults (there are a lot) at least I know he can throw it deep with multiple defenders in his face and still put the ball where the receiver can catch it. I haven't seen too much of that from Glennon. I guess if he shows he can do that, I'll change my opinion on him.

For all of the supporters out there of Freeman can you honestly say that you are not afraid of him failing? I've been watching this guy since day one and I've seen every game he has played. It's the same old story. He has flashes of brilliance and then he does something so stupid you just have to scratch your head and say WTF did I just see. I've never seen such a Jeckyll and Hyde QB in my entire life. It's the moments of brilliance that keep the Freeman fans coming back but, he has far more moments of utter ineptitude and I just can't support this guy anymore. This guy looked absolutely horrid last night. Granted there were a few dropped passes but, how many horrific throws can a QB make and how many times does he just not get the ball to an open check down receiver? This is basic stuff that he fails miserably at. Freeman is the ultimate drive killer. I'd like to know just how many 3 and outs are directly related to Josh not doing his job? I bet it's a high percentage and probably the highest in the NFL. This is Josh's last chance of course and IMO he has to play like he did in 2010 when he was scrambler. It's like he has amnesia or something. Josh is best when he buys time for himself and throwing on the run or just plain running for a first down. Who cares if he gets hurt, it's not like he is a hall of famer or something. Get Josh doing what he does best. Right now he is totally a confused mess out there and I'm tired of watching the circus. Maybe it's the coaching or maybe he is not cerebral enough. One thing is for sure, it's put up or shutup time and Josh needs to not read the criticism, relax and forget about the pressure and stress put upon him and just play like he doesn't care about the consequences. He seems like he is playing not to fail rather than just letting it loose. Where's the fire you had in 2010 Josh? I wanna see the fire in your eyes rather than the deer in the headlights look you have possessed for a long time now.

As for Glennon, there are a lot of great things I see out of this young man and his potential is unlimited although I am not sure if he is 100% ready so I'm depending on Josh. If the time comes though, I do think Glennon will get the job done as he is a fast learner and will only get better with more playing time. Maybe it's just false hope as the future looks dim with Freeman but, if Josh fails after a couple of games we have to pull the trigger and see what we have in Glennon. This team is uber talented and is just a couple of pieces away from a Super Bowl so it's not like our future is over if Glennon fails as well. We have another draft and free agency. We will be well below the cap with the release of Nicks and not having to pay Freeman.
: August 25, 2013, 09:46:09 AM TB-BucFan4Life

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#443 : August 25, 2013, 10:32:23 AM

I may not be excited about Glennon like some of you guys, but I do think he will get his shot this year.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#444 : August 25, 2013, 10:48:34 AM

I may not be excited about Glennon like some of you guys, but I do think he will get his shot this year.

From the looks of it yes. Josh hasn't shown otherwise and he seems to get worse and worse. Where is the progression? Some guys just don't get it.

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

#445 : September 08, 2013, 08:59:09 PM

BUMP

Its ok, Ive been here before... - Lovie Smith    ---------     Hes a great coach, hes been there before. - Lavonte David
Hes a great coach.  - Mike Evans

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#446 : September 08, 2013, 09:16:48 PM

BUMP

Josh didn't play well enough to win today. This sounds like a broken record.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#447 : September 08, 2013, 09:22:29 PM

BUMP

Josh didn't play well enough to win today.

Huh? He drove them for the winning field goal. By definition he played well enough to win. The team did not

Bucfest

Rookie

#448 : September 08, 2013, 09:22:48 PM

Come on really. I'm not a Freeman fan but Glennon sucks too atm. Maybe he might be something down the road but Josh is better than Glennon as of right now.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#449 : September 08, 2013, 09:22:52 PM

BUMP

Josh didn't play well enough to win today. This sounds like a broken record.
Yes - he did - needed one more stop from the d and it would have been a win.  Doesn't mean he played well - but he did better than the Oline, the TE and the RBs.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools