Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 30 31 32

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#465 : September 09, 2013, 09:46:46 AM

"By definition he played well enough to win."

We lost. You may want to look that definition up again.

If not for one penalty on defense he was good enough to win the game...Schiano seemed to think this the whole game aswell, playing this not to lose the game, trying to grind it out. But close games can be decided by one play and David was the unlucky one this time.

Nothing has changed from last year, we can only win games when our offense has a great day, putting 30+ on the board or when Freeman has the ball in his hands on last drive of a 1 score game. Once again the defense found a way to blow the game on last drive.
But Schiano still seems to think we can win the close games with a protect the ball offense, a game manager at QB.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#466 : September 09, 2013, 09:54:33 AM

Vin, Ogletree dropped two very catchable balls on the last drive, and we still got a FG...so it is not fair to blame Freeman for that. However, Freeman got outplayed by a rookie Geno Smith all day. We were only in that situation because we couldn't dominate what is probably the worst team in the league. There were many things wrong today, not just Freeman...but Freeman was part of the problem and we kept it close despite him, not because of him. They sold out verse the run all day and yet we couldnt get the passing game going. Stop the madness bro. Freeman sucks.

Freeman just played against the Jets pass defenes(#2in Yards, 7th in QBR and 10th in TD last year). Maybe he also should have testesd their run defense, but he(Schiano?) selected otherwise. The horrible offense of the Jets (17.5 points per game last year) just defined how many points he had to put on the board with his offense, else he did not play against them and could 'pad' his stats against.

We talked the whole off season about how bad Freeman is (just a back up caliber QB) and anyone really expected him to beat the Jets without any running game and below average pass protection with Vjax and MW(who dissapeared for most of the game aswell) alone...without a TE, without a 3rd or 4th WR?

Serioulsy, we are not just one QB away from the promised land.

Qaz, I agree to a point, I have my doubts with the coaching staff and their ability to get the team prepared, and make changes on the fly (Freeman's helmet goes out and the team looks like a pee wee team running around there lost).
But I wonder what an elite qb could do (I'm not bashing Freeman). I'm simply wondering,  if Tom Brady has Amendola and Edelman (and whoever else) and I would like to think VJax and MWill are better then those two, what could Brady do with VJax, MWill and D Martin?
Would we see the same sloppy play simply because of coaching?
I know Brady, Manning, Brees, etc are not available, but would upper tier qb's utilize the talent we have on offense and not squander it like we saw yesterday?
If a Brady/Manning/Brees like qb (who, again I know we don't have) wouldn't struggle, then can it be said we are a star qb away from being a contender?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#467 : September 09, 2013, 09:55:57 AM

"If not for one penalty on defense he was good enough to win the game..."

Yes, he would have played well enough to win if it wasn't for the fact that we lost. Thank you, Captain **CENSORED**ing Obvious.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#468 : September 09, 2013, 10:04:47 AM

"If not for one penalty on defense he was good enough to win the game..."

Yes, he would have played well enough to win if it wasn't for the fact that we lost. Thank you, Captain **CENSORED**ing Obvious.

Says the guy that came up with the obvious 'we lost'...look in the mirror

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#469 : September 09, 2013, 10:10:05 AM

"We would have played well enough to win if the Jets hadn't scored more points than we did."
   - Jibba Jabba Hut Hut

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#470 : September 09, 2013, 10:11:23 AM

Vin, Ogletree dropped two very catchable balls on the last drive, and we still got a FG...so it is not fair to blame Freeman for that. However, Freeman got outplayed by a rookie Geno Smith all day. We were only in that situation because we couldn't dominate what is probably the worst team in the league. There were many things wrong today, not just Freeman...but Freeman was part of the problem and we kept it close despite him, not because of him. They sold out verse the run all day and yet we couldnt get the passing game going. Stop the madness bro. Freeman sucks.

Freeman just played against the Jets pass defenes(#2in Yards, 7th in QBR and 10th in TD last year). Maybe he also should have testesd their run defense, but he(Schiano?) selected otherwise. The horrible offense of the Jets (17.5 points per game last year) just defined how many points he had to put on the board with his offense, else he did not play against them and could 'pad' his stats against.

We talked the whole off season about how bad Freeman is (just a back up caliber QB) and anyone really expected him to beat the Jets without any running game and below average pass protection with Vjax and MW(who dissapeared for most of the game aswell) alone...without a TE, without a 3rd or 4th WR?

Serioulsy, we are not just one QB away from the promised land.

Qaz, I agree to a point, I have my doubts with the coaching staff and their ability to get the team prepared, and make changes on the fly (Freeman's helmet goes out and the team looks like a pee wee team running around there lost).
But I wonder what an elite qb could do (I'm not bashing Freeman). I'm simply wondering,  if Tom Brady has Amendola and Edelman (and whoever else) and I would like to think VJax and MWill are better then those two, what could Brady do with VJax, MWill and D Martin?
Would we see the same sloppy play simply because of coaching?
I know Brady, Manning, Brees, etc are not available, but would upper tier qb's utilize the talent we have on offense and not squander it like we saw yesterday?
If a Brady/Manning/Brees like qb (who, again I know we don't have) wouldn't struggle, then can it be said we are a star qb away from being a contender?

I would also like to know what a great/elite QB could do for us...just i do not see us getting one any time soon, and bashing the 'best' one available to us wont get us any closer to.

We need to make the most out of what we have and stop dreaming. We need to look for a better QB, but aslong we have not found one we have to look for how to win with the QB we have. Ignoring our our below 2.0 rushing attack, trying to win games by just protecting the ball on offense wont win us many games...not the way our team is build or how good/bad our QB is right now.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#471 : September 09, 2013, 10:19:41 AM

"We would have played well enough to win if the Jets hadn't scored more points than we did."
   - Jibba Jabba Hut Hut

Lol, you seem to have issues with cause and effect here.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#472 : September 09, 2013, 11:14:23 AM

Schiano is a threat to freeman's period.

(No really! ...freeman's eggs are damaged and schiano just had a miscarriage yesterday)

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#473 : September 25, 2013, 05:02:25 PM

To all of those people saying Glennon is a Freeman clone, you clearly have not watched any film on him. I have watched all of the available film I can find on Glennon and IMO the only thing Freeman can do better is scramble. I know Freeman has more experience but, I tell you what, he better watch his back because Glennon will be there ready to take over if he falters. The accuracy comparisons are also a joke. Iv'e included a link here of the NC State vs North Carolina game to give you an idea of his accuracy. He had at least 8 dropped passes which hurt his percentage and he put the ball right on the numbers most of the time with a few exceptions and also made a few incredible passes that very few QB's can make. Freeman cannot hit the broad side of a barn if he's standing right in front of it. IMO Glennon has a better arm, a quicker release, a higher pro style release, has better pocket awareness, better field vision and his upside is through the roof. Freeman wants to guide the ball and throws side arm too much which affects his accuracy. I am really excited about this pick. This was a smart move regardless of other needs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URoXVwlayj8

Well the plan has come to fruition and I couldn't be more excited. All who have supported Freeman had to know this was going to happen. The only one to blame for this is Freeman as he has had every opportunity to prove he is legit. If Glennon fails, (I don't think he will) at least we know where the team stands at QB for the draft.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#474 : September 25, 2013, 05:06:23 PM

To all of those people saying Glennon is a Freeman clone, you clearly have not watched any film on him. I have watched all of the available film I can find on Glennon and IMO the only thing Freeman can do better is scramble. I know Freeman has more experience but, I tell you what, he better watch his back because Glennon will be there ready to take over if he falters. The accuracy comparisons are also a joke. Iv'e included a link here of the NC State vs North Carolina game to give you an idea of his accuracy. He had at least 8 dropped passes which hurt his percentage and he put the ball right on the numbers most of the time with a few exceptions and also made a few incredible passes that very few QB's can make. Freeman cannot hit the broad side of a barn if he's standing right in front of it. IMO Glennon has a better arm, a quicker release, a higher pro style release, has better pocket awareness, better field vision and his upside is through the roof. Freeman wants to guide the ball and throws side arm too much which affects his accuracy. I am really excited about this pick. This was a smart move regardless of other needs.

Well the plan has come to fruition and I couldn't be more excited. All who have supported Freeman had to know this was going to happen. The only one to blame for this is Freeman as he has had every opportunity to prove he is legit. If Glennon fails, (I don't think he will) at least we know where the team stands at QB for the draft.

We will know what I already suspect, that Schiano is not a good coach.

TB-BucFan4Life

Starter

#475 : September 25, 2013, 05:10:37 PM

So I guess Freeman has never had a single good coach in his life because he has played exactly the way he always has and that's mediocre.

We will know what I already suspect, that Schiano is not a good coach.
Page: 1 ... 30 31 32
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Glennon is a legitimate threat to Freeman PERIOD! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools