Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Pathetic: 1st Story on SportsCenter (17+ minutes)... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

: April 29, 2013, 06:22:55 PM

...is some nobody, 12 year basketball player that NO ONE has ever heard of-- Jason Collins-- who averages 3 points a game....

Edit: he averaged 1 point a game this last season.

~~~ My URINE could score that many points!!!!!!!

: April 30, 2013, 09:17:03 PM TheChronicHotAir

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#1 : April 29, 2013, 06:39:55 PM

you don't think it's a significant sports story?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : April 29, 2013, 07:20:58 PM

...is some nobody, 12 year basketball player that NO ONE has ever heard of-- Jason Collins-- who averages 3 points a game....

you need some counsel, bro!!

-------------------------------------------------------

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#3 : April 29, 2013, 09:14:22 PM

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : April 30, 2013, 11:42:47 AM

pretty good question...is it a sports story?  or is a social story?  does it belong on sportscenter?  or outside the lines?

of course ESPN is gonna highlight it, but its similar to tebow imo.  build it up just to make it a bigger issue than it should.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

spartan

Hall of Famer
#5 : April 30, 2013, 01:05:21 PM

build it up just to make it a bigger issue than it should.

True dat.

I feel sorry for the first poor schmuck that says anything that could even be remotely construed as critical. Jeez, can you imagine the conniption if someone was to suggest separate showers? After all we don't have co-ed showers do we? Just playing devils advocate there.

It also seems that journalists have been falling over themselves trying to get some athlete to "come out." I guess it is the en vogue crusade to prove their credentials. Who can support gay athletes the most.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#6 : April 30, 2013, 01:09:54 PM

I think an active professional athlete coming out is a pretty big story especially on a sports network

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#7 : April 30, 2013, 01:14:05 PM

Remember when astronauts were our heros?

Now the media is making a hero out of a 7 ft. Center who scored 1 point a game & got 1.6 rebounds a game. smh

spartan

Hall of Famer
#8 : April 30, 2013, 01:25:01 PM

I think an active professional athlete coming out is a pretty big story especially on a sports network

I seem to remember reading that he is 34 and a free agent. I am thinking the active bit might not apply very soon.

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#9 : April 30, 2013, 01:47:50 PM

I feel sorry for the first poor schmuck that says anything that could even be remotely construed as critical. Jeez, can you imagine the conniption if someone was to suggest separate showers? After all we don't have co-ed showers do we? Just playing devils advocate there.

I mean...he's been gay his whole life.  He's been in showers with other men his whole life.  And shockingly, nothing happened from that and he never tried to jump anyone in the shower.  Why should there be separate showers?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#10 : April 30, 2013, 02:07:16 PM

I mean...he's been gay his whole life.  He's been in showers with other men his whole life.  And shockingly, nothing happened from that and he never tried to jump anyone in the shower.  Why should there be separate showers?

No. He was engaged to a woman not too long ago. 

TheAman

Hall of Famer
#11 : April 30, 2013, 02:14:44 PM

Doesn't mean he wasn't gay then, as many gay men feel the need to marry to cover it up.  However, the point still stands.  He is gay.  He has been in showers and locker rooms with other men.  Nothing bad happened because of that.  Why would he need to be in a separate shower?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#12 : April 30, 2013, 02:34:46 PM

I seem to remember reading that he is 34 and a free agent. I am thinking the active bit might not apply very soon.

He was on a roster this past season.   May or may not be on one next

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#13 : April 30, 2013, 02:35:24 PM

Remember when astronauts were our heros?

Now the media is making a hero out of a 7 ft. Center who scored 1 point a game & got 1.6 rebounds a game. smh

What were those astronauts PPG and RPG?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#14 : April 30, 2013, 02:57:59 PM

And yet in the same breath no one dares suggest that TE'O's fake girlfriend was not a ploy to hide his apparent sexuality?  Not that it really should be anyone's business but I really don't see why someone's sexual orientation or preferences should be so publicized.    If they are so intent on fuzzing out breasts and naked butts on TV why is it so important to announce to the world one's personal preference?    Please spare me the He is so courageous stuff
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pretty Pathetic: 1st Story on SportsCenter (17+ minutes)... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools