Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs made smart move with Revis,.....now here is the 2nd best move they can make « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : April 30, 2013, 12:37:07 AM »

5 teams that should trade for Josh Freeman

FoxSports.com

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are facing an interesting quarterback situation between Josh Freeman and newly drafted rookie quarterback Mike Glennon. Freeman is entering his last year of his rookie contract that he signed in 2009, and the coach who drafted him is no longer there. Raheem Morris was fired before the start of the 2012 season, and Rutgers’ Head Coach took his coaching skills to Tampa and seems to have them on the right track in 2013. The trade for Darrelle Revis may have been the smartest move the Buccaneers have made in a very long time. Now, they can make the second best smartest move by trading away Josh Freeman and starting Mike Glennon in 2013.

Josh Freeman could be on his way out?

During the 2013 NFL Draft, only a few teams elected to draft quarterbacks in what many called a weak quarterback class. It all started with the Buffalo Bills taking EJ Manuel, followed by the Jets taking Geno Smith. Then a little bit of a shocker came when the Buccaneers drafted Mike Glennon in the third round of the draft. People looked at the Buccaneers and thought they were trying to surround Josh Freeman with the best talent around him in order to succeed. It’s great to have a great quarterback who can put up points but if he doesn’t have the support of the defense to stop the opposing offense from scoring, it means nothing. With the addition of Revis, at least that gives Tampa’s offense a chance at being able to win games being able to count on Revis shutting down opposing quarterbacks.

Now here comes Mike Glennon, rookie from N.C. State who threw for 4,031 yards and 31 touchdowns in 2012 who is a much better quarterback than Josh Freeman. Freeman has been put on notice it seems, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Buccaneers trade Freeman for several picks and start Glennon as a rookie. If that does indeed happen, these five teams should consider trading for Freeman and not waiting for a quarterback in the 2014 NFL Draft.

5. Buffalo Bills: I get that EJ Manuel was drafted but I’m not buying him being the starter for the Buffalo Bills in 2013. Freeman is in his final year of the deal, consider it to be a rental as getting Freeman would allow the Bills to develop for a year before letting him go and letting Manuel take over in 2014. Freeman also gives them a quarterback who can make them a competitive team in the AFC East.

4. Cleveland Browns: The Browns once again have new management and a new coaching staff in town. Brandon Weeden most likely will not get any support from the new management despite the fact they didn’t draft a quarterback. I think Mike Lombardi realizes how weak the quarterback class was and realized it was better to go with Weeden for another year, or they can get Freeman. Freeman is young enough to where he can be the starter and a quarterback the Browns can give a new contract to.

Carson Palmer: Thearon W. Henderson

3. Arizona Cardinals: Just like I’m not buying EJ Manuel starting for the Bills, I don’t buy Carson Palmer lasting through the entire season in Arizona. Trade for Freeman who can compete with Carson Palmer, and most likely win the starting job. Freeman would be an excellent fit for Bruce Arian’s offense and would be able to give Arizona a quarterback that they can believe in. Plus with the talented defense, Freeman may be able to do something Kurt Warner couldn’t do, win the Super Bowl as the starting quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals.

2. Tennessee Titans: The Titans need to worry about Jake Locker’s health and that is one thing you don’t have to worry about with Freeman. Freeman is healthy and the second best thing besides throwing to Larry Fitzgerald would be handing the ball off to Chris Johnson. Just like Tampa did over a year ago bringing in Carl Nicks, Tennessee spent the off-season improving their offensive line with Andy Levitre and Chance Warmack. He’ll be protected, and have not only Kenny Britt but also Justin Hunter who was a solid receiver for Tennessee.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Unless Jacksonville is waiting for the New York Jets to release Tim Tebow, going into 2013 with Chad Henne and Blaine Gabbert as your only options at quarterback is pathetic. A trade for Freeman would bring an massive upgrade to the Jaguars while solidifying the quarterback situation for years to come. Also at least Freeman is a quarterback who knows how to throw the ball and would remove the tarps from the empty seats. Jaguars can not sit back and wait for a quarterback in the 2014 NFL Draft, they need to sell tickets and need to sell them now.

]

Hayseed

Hall of Famer

« #1 : April 30, 2013, 12:44:29 AM »

Are we being Punk'd?

They Call Me El Jefe, El Primo De Los Matadors,
The Master Of The Metaphor, A Chaw Chewin\' Troubadour

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #2 : April 30, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »

Arizona sinking all that money into two QBs?  Possibly. But no.

Buffalo giving up several picks to "rent" Freeman and make them competitive, and then let him go? 

Who wrote this dog shlit?  Doloris?  JC5150?  Matt Millen?

BucMyLife

Pro Bowler
« #3 : April 30, 2013, 12:46:37 AM »

Horrible story. F-

I can't believe I read most of that garbage. Michael, you're better than posting crap like this.

The quest for .500 begins...

BucsGlory

Second String

« #4 : April 30, 2013, 12:47:21 AM »

Drug test are needed before some of theses sports writer's submit a column.  Glennon is better than freeman without ever taking a snap or doing Anything in the nfl. Bull **CENSORED**ing **CENSORED**

JRbuc55

Rookie
« #5 : April 30, 2013, 12:47:48 AM »

Are we being Punk'd?

Late April Fools maybe?

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #6 : April 30, 2013, 12:51:50 AM »

That's a dumb ass idea... Who wrote that garbage?

Has to be a jack wagon Falcons or Saints fan. Writing would be too complicated for a panthers fan.
« : April 30, 2013, 12:59:30 AM youngone »

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

« #7 : April 30, 2013, 01:56:09 AM »

If we can get a first rounder for him I'd be down. Especially if it turns into a top 10 pick + we have our first rounder still thank god. Very unlikely we could get better then a second though so I'd rather let Josh play out the year.

Go Bucs

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #8 : April 30, 2013, 05:30:23 AM »

That was terrible. I read about half of it and stopped so I could post about how bad it was. Nobodys gonna trade "several picks" as the article states for a one year rental in Freeman. Sorry its not happening, and if they do they a; wont be high value picks, and b; whatever team does that is stupid. Frees not going anywhere. Not this year at least. End of story

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #9 : April 30, 2013, 05:42:47 AM »

So Freeman is already worse than a rookie third round pick, but could win a Super Bowl in Arizona? Oooooook.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

DonkeyHunter

Hall of Famer
« #10 : April 30, 2013, 06:10:15 AM »

Did Java or one of his alias's write this crap?

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
« #11 : April 30, 2013, 06:16:14 AM »

Did Java or one of his alias's write this crap?

May have.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #12 : April 30, 2013, 06:21:40 AM »

This is like a Bleacher Report type of article.  Really Fox Sports?

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs made smart move with Revis,.....now here is the 2nd best move they can make « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools