Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu and his agent playing hardball already « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : April 30, 2013, 12:52:33 AM »

Mathieu’s agent says no contract without guaranteed money

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 29, 2013, 7:51 PM EDT

PFT

AP

If the Arizona Cardinals are planning to demand that Tyrann Mathieu accept a deal with no guaranteed money, they’d better be ready for a protracted contract dispute.

Responding to the talk that the Cardinals weren’t planning to give Mathieu any guarantees on his rookie deal, agent Patrick Lawlor said exactly what he should say: Mathieu would refuse such a deal.

“Ridiculous. Not gonna happen. We had no contract discussion with them,” Lawlor told Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.

There are risks associated with Mathieu because of the multiple failed drug tests that got him kicked off the team at LSU, but the Cardinals understood those risks and selected Mathieu with the 69th pick in the NFL draft anyway. Mathieu has already paid a price for his drug use because his draft stock dropped as a result of those failed drug tests. The idea that Mathieu has to accept a substandard contract on top of that is, in fact, ridiculous.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #1 : April 30, 2013, 12:54:45 AM »

"The idea that Mathieu has to accept a substandard contract on top of that is, in fact, ridiculous.

No, it's not, in fact, ridiculous. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #2 : April 30, 2013, 02:34:50 AM »

Guess he doesn't realize he was lucky to get drafted at all.  Dude is frekin over no guaranteed money?  The best CB in the NFL just signed a deal with NO guaranteed money.

Know your place Rook.  Show everyone you can stay off the ganja for a full season. 

Glad we didn't draft him.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

« #3 : April 30, 2013, 03:18:36 AM »

Scumbag will always scumbag.

Glad we didn't draft this scum.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #4 : April 30, 2013, 03:43:46 AM »

I am sooosooo glad we didn't draft this guy.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #5 : April 30, 2013, 03:49:14 AM »

Wants at least a small fortune to fall into his lap once before it all goes away in a cloud if ganja smoke.

Couple hundred thou is all he needs to start his lucrative weed selling empire. He will sign whatever the Cards out down in front if him. He cannot and should not be trusted. You earn trust. Sounds like the Squinty Badger is still incapable if understanding what exactly has happened to him over the last few years...what an mass hole.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

« #6 : April 30, 2013, 04:48:27 AM »

Calling people with drug addictions scum bags. Thanks Red Board. A little faith in humanity was lost today. Sick people are scumbags.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #7 : April 30, 2013, 04:50:18 AM »

"I was gonna play in the NFL...

But then I got high...."

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GayRobot

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Starter

« #8 : April 30, 2013, 05:00:44 AM »

I would do the same thing, as would 90% of you too. Gotta look out for yourself because nobody else will
« : April 30, 2013, 06:20:38 AM GayRobot »

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

« #9 : April 30, 2013, 05:26:37 AM »

Calling people with drug addictions scum bags. Thanks Red Board. A little faith in humanity was lost today. Sick people are scumbags.

Bob Saget sucks d*ck for coke and we're supposed to feel sorry for Tyrann? Boo this man!

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

gone

Hall of Famer
« #10 : April 30, 2013, 06:14:41 AM »

"I was gonna play in the NFL...

But then I got high...."

Guess he took a blunt to the knee...

gone

Hall of Famer
« #11 : April 30, 2013, 06:18:09 AM »

Pot is not an addiction.  Meth is.  Coke is.  Crack is.  Heroin is.  Hell, even alcohol and tobacco are addictions.  But nobody gets withdrawals trying to escape from the demon weed.  The guy's problem isn't a physical addiction. 

gone

Hall of Famer
« #12 : April 30, 2013, 06:20:59 AM »

I would do the sme thing as 90% of you would too. Gotta look out for yourself because nobody else will

no, 90% of us would have a realistic perception of our situation and realize not only that we have absolutely no leverage, but the best thing for us is to be in the team with all the safety nets and watchdogs they would provide, because sitting on our couch for a year doing nothing is going to give us a lot of free time to get high.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #13 : April 30, 2013, 08:06:28 AM »

I would do the sme thing as 90% of you would too. Gotta look out for yourself because nobody else will

no, 90% of us would have a realistic perception of our situation and realize not only that we have absolutely no leverage, but the best thing for us is to be in the team with all the safety nets and watchdogs they would provide, because sitting on our couch for a year doing nothing is going to give us a lot of free time to get high.
Jesus, did you really have to explain that to him?

Ahhhh....nevamind.

+1 BTW.

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #14 : April 30, 2013, 08:23:45 AM »

I think if he was confident enough that his troubles are over he would take that non guaranteed deal. That shows something I would say.
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu and his agent playing hardball already « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools