Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu and his agent playing hardball already « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#15 : April 30, 2013, 08:34:20 AM

Calling people with drug addictions scum bags. Thanks Red Board. A little faith in humanity was lost today. Sick people are scumbags.

Pot is not an addiction.  Meth is.  Coke is.  Crack is.  Heroin is.  Hell, even alcohol and tobacco are addictions.  But nobody gets withdrawals trying to escape from the demon weed.  The guy's problem isn't a physical addiction.

And not to sound all holier than thou, but no one forced him to smoke pot. It was his choice. Just like no one forced meth addicts, crack and coke addicts and alcoholics to do their thing.

It's a choice. I don't have a problem with Pot. Why? Because I choose not to smoke it. I don't have a problem with alcohol either....not because I don't drink but because I chose to drink in moderation.

I do have an addiction to pasta, burgers, fries and other bad stuff you're not supposed to eat. I know it will put me in an early grave but I do it anyway.

It's hard to feel sorry for folks that choose to damage themselves.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#16 : April 30, 2013, 08:37:14 AM

Good post De LaTorre.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#17 : April 30, 2013, 09:05:44 AM

His draft slot calls for a $671,250 signing bonus. He's 100% entitled to it.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : April 30, 2013, 09:29:20 AM

I am sooosooo glad we didn't draft this guy.

Yup, I was willing to take a chance on him if he had figured life out. As the draft approached and he got more and more hyped that "i'm sorry, i'm glad for a 2nd chance" attitude faded and no he's potentially holding out on a rookie 3rd round contract.

I'll restate, he is who he is and won't likely change. You guys all slammed me for saying at this point in his life, he is who he is, but turns out so far I haven't been proved wrong.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 30, 2013, 09:31:43 AM

Yeah, he does seem petulant and unaware of the mentality regarding him. Trust is earned. Just because his mouth says something...

BucsnNoles

Pro Bowler

#20 : April 30, 2013, 09:32:36 AM

Calling people with drug addictions scum bags. Thanks Red Board. A little faith in humanity was lost today. Sick people are scumbags.
Not sure if serious, but I assumed it was a joke and laughed.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 30, 2013, 09:34:29 AM

All these people jumping on Mathieu for not wanting to sign a contract without guaranteed money are overly judgemental, IMO.  There are contracts where a money or bonuses are voided for behavioral issues.  Why don't they draw up a contract like that instead f offering a contract for less than what a draft pick taken where he was would normally command.  As I've grown up, I've learned more about business and especially in a business like pro football, you've got to make hay while the sun shines.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#22 : April 30, 2013, 09:42:49 AM

Absolutely. If the Cards didn't think they could trust him enough to pay the going rate for the pick, they shouldn't have drafted him. 31 other teams figured that out.

Spider 2 Y Banana

Hall of Famer

#23 : April 30, 2013, 09:52:44 AM

Absolutely. If the Cards didn't think they could trust him enough to pay the going rate for the pick, they shouldn't have drafted him. 31 other teams figured that out.

I agree completely with both of you.  Not only are we not talking about a lot of money (in NFL terms), but how many times can you punish someone?  If you didnt want to pay him any guaranteed money, why draft him in the 3rd?

This would also set a dangerous precedent (one Im sure the NFLPA wouldnt allow).  So would this mean any player who did anything wrong in college could be dinged on their pro contract?  Im glad we didnt take him, but pay the man his money.  Justin Blackmon got paid...and he had a couple of DUIs.  How is this any different?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 30, 2013, 09:54:19 AM

Cardinals were the idiots who drafted him that early.

If I was his agent I would tell him the SAME exact thing.

Tyrann has agreed to submit to any drug test (which as we saw with Eric Wright last season, can void guaranteed money). But what player drafted in the top 100 would sign a contract with no guarantees? That would be insane.

Fact is Cardinals will cave and give him the money with the condition he passes his drug tests. People calling him a turd for this are inaccurate

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#25 : April 30, 2013, 09:56:04 AM

I'm certain it his agent more than it is Mathieu. Most of these kids will listen to just about anything their agent is telling them.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#26 : April 30, 2013, 10:02:15 AM

I agree completely with both of you.  Not only are we not talking about a lot of money (in NFL terms), but how many times can you punish someone?  If you didnt want to pay him any guaranteed money, why draft him in the 3rd?

This would also set a dangerous precedent (one Im sure the NFLPA wouldnt allow).  So would this mean any player who did anything wrong in college could be dinged on their pro contract?  Im glad we didnt take him, but pay the man his money.  Justin Blackmon got paid...and he had a couple of DUIs.  How is this any different?

I agree.  A signing bonus is based strictly on your draft position.  The Cards can't draft a player in the 3rd round and demand to pay them like a 6th rounder.  He has already agreed to a clause in his contract that allows for random drug tests.  Any neg test and his contract can be ripped up. 

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#27 : April 30, 2013, 10:04:26 AM

I believe the Rams tried to do something similar with Janoris Jenkins last year.  They wanted to give half of the signing bonus at the beginning of the year and the other half at the end of the year, barring any suspensions.  It didn't work out that way for the Rams.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#28 : April 30, 2013, 10:06:13 AM

+1

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#29 : April 30, 2013, 10:09:57 AM

Pot is not an addiction.  Meth is.  Coke is.  Crack is.  Heroin is.  Hell, even alcohol and tobacco are addictions.  But nobody gets withdrawals trying to escape from the demon weed.  The guy's problem isn't a physical addiction.

And not to sound all holier than thou, but no one forced him to smoke pot. It was his choice. Just like no one forced meth addicts, crack and coke addicts and alcoholics to do their thing.

It's a choice. I don't have a problem with Pot. Why? Because I choose not to smoke it. I don't have a problem with alcohol either....not because I don't drink but because I chose to drink in moderation.

I do have an addiction to pasta, burgers, fries and other bad stuff you're not supposed to eat. I know it will put me in an early grave but I do it anyway.

It's hard to feel sorry for folks that choose to damage themselves.

I understand what you're saying but also, no one forced the Cardinals to draft him in the 3rd round. 
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu and his agent playing hardball already « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools