Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu and his agent playing hardball already « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

« #60 : April 30, 2013, 09:21:19 PM »

if we all were in his spot wouldnt you want the best deal possible?

I agree he is a **CENSORED**bag..

But the cards drafted him.. he should get whats slotted for that spot

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #61 : April 30, 2013, 09:36:36 PM »

Give him token guarantees and bonuses all tied to him staying out of trouble or he refunds it all if leagues fines or suspends him. Where is his personal commitment?

If he doesn't sign that deal, let him eat cake!

Agree.  His only option would be to pass on any contract at all, and enter the draft again next year.  That would be an interesting 12 months. Could Tyrann stay off the weed that long, while being out of work.?

Doubt it.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #62 : May 01, 2013, 06:46:12 AM »

Tony Dungy was on DP Show yesterday and said he wouldn't have drafted Mathieu -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When asked on Tuesday’s “Dan Patrick Show” if he would have drafted former LSU defensive back Tyrann Mathieu, former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy said: “I wouldn’t have. I don’t think so, not after I know everything that LSU did to try to help him. I just think it’s going to be a long road.”

Mathieu was selected by the Arizona Cardinals in the third round of the NFL draft last Friday.

Mathieu was dismissed from LSU before the start of last season because of repeated marijuana use violations.

Dungy said he was asked by LSU coach Les Miles to talk to the Tigers football team before the start of last season while Mathieu was still at the university.

“So, I had a good time down there, got to meet a lot of those guys,” Dungy said.

Dungy said during the meetings Miles was concerned about Mathieu, and Mathieu was concerned about himself.

Dungy also said he really liked meeting Mathieu.

“He is a great kid,” Dungy said. “He admitted all of his issues and the problems that he had, and what some of the problems were. He knew. He identified it and didn’t try to hide anything, and everybody liked him, and Coach Miles was definitely trying to help him.”

Dungy said Arizona, because of former LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson, is Mathieu’s “best chance to make it.”

“It’s just something he’s got to work on, and maybe getting away from that New Orleans atmosphere and getting out to Arizona that could help him,” Dungy said.

But Dungy said he wouldn’t have taken Mathieu if he were in a position to do so.

“I doubt that I would have taken him,” Dungy said. “I talked to Tyrann a couple of times in the offseason. Les Miles had me talk to him, and I just would worry. You know, a guy who kind of knew the lay of the land, and LSU went out of their way, and he, he had problems staying eligible there. So, it would have had to have been really, really late in the draft for me.”

Then, when Patrick pushed Dungy for a more concrete answer about Mathieu, Dungy said he wouldn’t have picked him.
  Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tyrann Mathieu and his agent playing hardball already « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools